Gainzo

Who will win the ARCE  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Who will win the ARCE

• Jets
    • Patriots
    • Dolphins
    • Bills

The "experts" seem to be split on who is going to win the AFCE this season.

Here is my take:

Jets: As long as Sanchez plays well the Jets should win 10-12 games

Pats: No Welker? Regardless of what the resident Welker haters on this board have to say that is a huge loss. 10 wins

Dolphins: Who knows? 9 wins?

Bills: Poor bastards. They really are the suck. 7 wins.

It's a Jets board...everyone will say Jets except the trolls.

There are some levelheaded posters here. With that said 'm sure the Jets will win the poll 500 to 18 :). Just looking for some discussion about the Division.

Here is my take:

Pats: No Welker? Regardless of what the resident Welker haters on this board have to say that is a huge loss. 10 wins

How could you not make it a public poll, noob?

Jets: If Sanchez AND Ducasse/Slauson play well, the Jets should be pretty dangerous.

Pats: Edelman isn't bad, but he's not Welker. Moss isn't really Moss anymore either. The Pats' running game is... iffy. They won't suck though, they'll be in the mix.

Dolphins: Who the hell knows. At best they're competing for a wildcard spot, at worst, maybe 6 wins?

Bills: LOL. Well, at least they don't play Miami in the Rogers Dome late in the season... No QB. Probably a 4-win team, but maybe they'll shock me.

Here is my take:

Jets - Sanchez, Sanchez, Sanchez. As goes Marky Mark, as goes the Funky Bunch.

Dolphins - Biggest wildcard of the bunch. This team screams mediocrity but might have enough ammo to surprise.

Pats - How far will they decline? Sorry, but I'm not afraid to call it like I see it. Another unimpressive offseason for the Pats leads to continued decline. 8-8 anyone?

Bills - Do they still bother to field a team in Buffalo?

You're right, Steve. The Jets will go as far as Sanchez can take them. If he improves on his rookie season there is no reason why the Jets shouldn't win 10-12, maybe 13, games, if Sanchez really takes flight. If he has a repeat peformance, with a tougher schedule? Could be an ugly 7 or 8 win season.

New England will have Brady back and will now be 2 years removed from all of his injuries. The Patriots had a pretty good draft, and they've picked up a couple of nice veterans. They are still a force to be reckoned with and will win at least 9, and up to 11 games.

Miami may not poise a threat when we play them with Brandon Marshall since we have Revis Island, but they will be able to capatilize on the amount of people that most teams will have to put on him (2). They are a team that could flop because of their defense, though, so Miami is going to go as far as their defense and Chad Henne will take them. 8-10 wins.

Buffalo? HA. If they win more than 4 games I'd be shocked.

If the Jets win the division, it'll be because they won a ton of games, not because the Pats faltered. I see the pats winning at least 11 games, depending on tie breakers, the Jets need at least 12. but that's the minimum, honestly I can see both teams winning 14+ games this year, the difference is going to be the head to head. Obviously the Pats have more of the track record, but the Jets for once I think really are the more talented team.

I'm going to go with my heart and pick the Jets.

Jets- Best defense,no doubt about it. Sanchez,stat wise, not very impressive his first season, but the light did seem to come on during the most important time...the playoffs.Shonne Grenne is now the leader of what was the best rushing attack in football last year. Will he be able to carry the load or he will he breakdown later int he season. L.T. is a nice vet to have, but to me was always a nifty runner, outside of the tackles....that niftiness is gone. There are some question marks at RB. season prediction 11-5

Dolphins- Obvious addition is Brandon Marshall. With the addition of a big time WR it allows us to run a more pro style offense and ween off the wildcat. Ricky and Ronnie is agood 1-2 punch at RB ...WHEN healthy. Henne in his 2nd year with more weapons and a sured up O-Line will improve a unit that was middle of the pack in offense last year. Youth movement on Defense. Hopefully Mike Nolan will be able to implement schemes to help hide our deficiencies. The secondary should perform better witht he 2 young corners having gone through a full season. Season prediction 9-7

Patriots- They have Tom Brady but not the same Pats from years past. Randy is getting up their in age. Welker still healing from a horrific knee injury and a stable of unhealthy aged RB's. Season Prediction 9-7

Bills- DO they have a solid starter at QB? Have they improved their O-line? NO. Season prediction 5-11

As others mentioned, the key player in the whole division is Mark Sanchez.

His play will determine who wins the division. If he plays like he did last regular season then the Pats will win the division.

If Sanchez plays like he did in the playoffs or better, the Jets will win the division handily (meaning, by at least 2 games).

serphnx summed it up pretty well. The Jets and Pats are going to fight it out for the AFCE.

The Dolphins could be good or bad. I have no clue what they are going to do.

The Bills? New HC and no established QB means they will struggle yet again.

Remember when the Bills owned the AFCE and AFC in the early 90's? What happened to that franchise?

serphnx summed it up pretty well. The Jets and Pats are going to fight it out for the AFCE.

The Dolphins could be good or bad. I have no clue what they are going to do.

The Bills? New HC and no established QB means they will struggle yet again.

Remember when the Bills owned the AFCE and AFC in the early 90's? What happened to that franchise?

Same thing that happens to a lot of has-been franchises (Raiders, Buccs, Rams...)

For one,when they were in their glory days, they all had very good teams, with a very strong core group of players at key positions. Especially on the in the trenches and at QB. They were so good at those positions that they figured they didn't have to waste energy or money trying to replace those guys via either the draft or FA (the implementation of which has also hurt that small-market franchise). Eventually said players got older, played past their primes, and handcuffed the team's cap where they couldnt afford any FA moves or blockbuster trades. Throw in a few bad drat picks and a few desperation attempts to add a big-name player and lock him up to a contract that runs past his prime...And it becomes a vicious circle. Then once those older guys do finally retire, since you were handicapped by them for so long...There are no longer viable replacements. Coaches get blamed, GMs get blamed...Teams lose any sense of continuity and chemistry necessary...Throw in a bad economy with a pissed off fanbase, and the entire organization is in shambles before you know it.

Same thing that happens to a lot of has-been franchises (Raiders, Buccs, Rams...)

For one,when they were in their glory days, they all had very good teams, with a very strong core group of players at key positions. Especially on the in the trenches and at QB. They were so good at those positions that they figured they didn't have to waste energy or money trying to replace those guys via either the draft or FA (the implementation of which has also hurt that small-market franchise). Eventually said players got older, played past their primes, and handcuffed the team's cap where they couldnt afford any FA moves or blockbuster trades. Throw in a few bad drat picks and a few desperation attempts to add a big-name player and lock him up to a contract that runs past his prime...And it becomes a vicious circle. Then once those older guys do finally retire, since you were handicapped by them for so long...There are no longer viable replacements. Coaches get blamed, GMs get blamed...Teams lose any sense of continuity and chemistry necessary...Throw in a bad economy with a pissed off fanbase, and the entire organization is in shambles before you know it.

The Salary Cap was the big equalizer. Remember when the 49ers, Cowboys, Redskins and Bills ruled the late '80s early '90's? Those teams never adjusted to the cap.

The 49ers, Redskins and Bills have fallen off the map. The Cowboys were horrible until Parcells took over but they always fall apart in the playoffs.

Archived