Leon Washington will play with rod in leg

NIGHT STALKER

OY!

note the smilies in my previous post :rolleyes: ? sheesh!

did he not come to mini-camp out of shape? i am sure he will pull it together... or i hope he will..

it is just that everyone had him as the next coming .. and frankly he didnt start off on the right foot..in my mind. just saying.

Haha!

You have to stop choosing RB's as your favorite players. They have the shortest careers. A RB who was never an every down performer, coming off a catastrophic injury, approaching 30 years old... this player's time is just about up. I know I was one of your haters, but I was just being logical with the situation.

No one sees McKnight as the "next coming," (<~ and I chuckle at that phrase, Yenta! :lol: ), but hopefully he contributes on specials and a little bit on offense his first year. Jets have the RB job pretty well covered with the Greene/LT platoon. My hope is that McKnight is up to speed and fresh around the same time LaDainian starts seriously slowing down. If McKnight can replace LT late this year the way Greene replaced TJ last year, we'll be in good shape at the position.

In the meantime, may I suggest Revis, Sanchez, or Mangold for your new favorite player? Those guys are the closest things I can see to being long-term locks on the Jets.

You were bashing him the day we drafted him. Oy.

If he sucks, I'll join you, oy. But oy, not until then.

if by bashing him .. you mean i said he was an unproven rookie with ball handling issues and other issues, then you are right..

i guess i dont think that is bashing. i think it is stating known issues.

I hope Joe steps up to the plate and is terrific.. he just did not have a good start. I cant imagine that he was happy about vomiting all over the place.. nor i would expect were the people who had to clean up that crud. OY! I dont think Rex will be happy if that continues.

PUP him because he's not ready. If they rush him and he breaks his leg again then they'll get ZERO return on their commodity.

Putting him on PUP might be the only way to get something back for their investment. The Seahawks would have a better chance at re-signing him at the end of the year and then would have something productive the following years.

Trying to get something out of him now because they gave up a 5th is a recipe for disaster.

The Jets obviously thought it was a recipe for disaster too. Supposedly the Seahawks thought he'd be ready this year. If they rush him and he gets hurt they will have gotten however many yards he got before he was injured. IF they PUP him and he signs elsewhere then they will have gotten ZERO on their commodity. Hell, even if he signs with the Seahawks they will have gotten nothing because they could have simply waited and signed him before the 2011 season. If you mean PUP him to start camp and bring him in slow I will agree, but not for the season.

Haha!

You have to stop choosing RB's as your favorite players. They have the shortest careers. A RB who was never an every down performer, coming off a catastrophic injury, approaching 30 years old... this player's time is just about up. I know I was one of your haters, but I was just being logical with the situation.

No one sees McKnight as the "next coming," (<~ and I chuckle at that phrase, Yenta! :lol: ), but hopefully he contributes on specials and a little bit on offense his first year. Jets have the RB job pretty well covered with the Greene/LT platoon. My hope is that McKnight is up to speed and fresh around the same time LaDainian starts seriously slowing down. If McKnight can replace LT late this year the way Greene replaced TJ last year, we'll be in good shape at the position.

In the meantime, may I suggest Revis, Sanchez, or Mangold for your new favorite player? Those guys are the closest things I can see to being long-term locks on the Jets.

glad you like my messiah reference! ;)

honestly, i am starting to believe that i am a jinx with the players that are my fave.. so i am thinking of having Tom Brady as my new fave.. of course then i will be a lot like Joe.. cause i will be puking all over the place. :puke: LOL! OY!

I'm sick of hearing about his "dumb choices". They guy took a risk. He bet on himself. He lost some money, but he could have seen a whole hell of a lot more. He was trying to prove he could be a #1 back. If he did that he'd have made a ton. Look at all the money Sproles made. I'm not convinced Sproles is/was any better, he was just in the right place at the right time. Leon was offered what? $2.5M per for 4? Reports were $4M per, but I know they have since said it was way less. He took a worst cast of $1.75 trying to get $6M per. He lost some money, but I think the risk was worth it, especially if he truly believes he can be a #1 back.

If Leon Washington has taught us anything, it's that taking a risk and making a dumb choice aren't mutually exclusive propositions.

The Jets obviously thought it was a recipe for disaster too. Supposedly the Seahawks thought he'd be ready this year. If they rush him and he gets hurt they will have gotten however many yards he got before he was injured. IF they PUP him and he signs elsewhere then they will have gotten ZERO on their commodity. Hell, even if he signs with the Seahawks they will have gotten nothing because they could have simply waited and signed him before the 2011 season. If you mean PUP him to start camp and bring him in slow I will agree, but not for the season.

I'm talking about PUP to start the season and then see if he can play or be IR'd.

On the PUP list he has until week 6 to be activated.

And you call others here "haters"?

Yeah I don't really see this as a Leon vs Joe kind of thing.

It is more a Alvin Keels vs Charity Washington kind of thing at this point.

Haha!

That is why I always pick offensive lineman as my favorite players. They lose a step and nobody cares (unless they are making 7.5 million).

B Moore is my boy and he will be my bfj for a long time.

Yeah I don't really see this as a Leon vs Joe kind of thing.

It is more a Alvin Keels vs Charity Washington kind of thing at this point.

What aboutRB Chauncey Washington ? He's still on the roster. :biggrin:

Archived