He's Coming Back...

RutgersJetFan

I'm resigned to Jenkins being a defensive Freeman McNeil. If they had internet forums back then I would link "He's Back!!" threads about Freeman which I'm sure would have existed, but they don't.

In 12 years, Freeman only completed 2 full seasons. In 9 years, Kris Jenkins has only NOT completed 3. I don't get the comparison.

I'm resigned to Jenkins being a defensive Freeman McNeil. If they had internet forums back then I would link "He's Back!!" threads about Freeman which I'm sure would have existed, but they don't.

They should use him the way the Jets used Freeman. They know now that Pouha's a viable NT. They should platoon them to keep them both fresh and healthy for the fourth quarter of games and the season.

In 12 years, Freeman only completed 2 full seasons. In 9 years, Kris Jenkins has only NOT completed 3. I don't get the comparison.

Point taken, but it's not strictly true. Freeman only started all 16 games once, but he was in all 16 games in 1990. He was involved in two strike seasons which IMO ****ed him and the Jets over. '82 was only a 9 game season and he started every game and led the league in rushing. In '87 he got hurt at the end, but that whole season was a Dennis Bligen, Gary Hogaboom cluster**** with replacement players taking some of his games early on.

Freeman played in about 2/3s of the games while he was with the Jets. I think Jenkins' numbers are comparable and will remain comparable.

They should use him the way the Jets used Freeman. They know now that Pouha's a viable NT. They should platoon them to keep them both fresh and healthy for the fourth quarter of games and the season.

I think they should only use him against AFC teams to keep him ready for the playoffs. But maybe I'm scarred by that loss to the Colts.

I hope we really were as close to beating Indy as I think we were because all my expectations are built around the Jets only being 2 new CBs and 2 new RBs away from going to the Super Bowl.

Archived