Aaron Rodgers destroys Tony Kornheiser

s dubb

Aaron Rodgers calls Tony Kornheiser "stupid," "dumb" and "terrible"

Posted by Michael David Smith on June 8, 2010 10:52 AM ET

In 2008, when Tony Kornheiser was a Monday Night Football commentator for ESPN, Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers once sat down with him for a pre-game production meeting.

It would be an extreme understatement to say that Rodgers came away unimpressed.

In an interview with ESPN Radio in Milwaukee, Rodgers went off on Kornheiser and said he was embarrassingly unprepared for his job.

"You know who was better than Tony Kornheiser? Dennis Miller was ten times better," Rodgers said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "Dennis Miller was a great comedian, but one of the worst Monday Night Football guys ever. And he was ten times better than Tony Kornheiser. His stuff was actually funny. Tony wasn't funny at all. He did absolutely no research. We'd sit in those production meetings and he would add absolutely nothing to the conversation. I'd be like, 'What are we doing here? This is stupid.'"

Rodgers praised Monday Night Football play-by-play man Mike Tirico as coming into production meetings thoroughly prepared. Kornheiser? Not so much.

"You get in there with Tony and he's asking you all these dumb questions that have no application to the game you are playing or anything you are doing," Rodgers said. "He's terrible. . . . I don't think he's funny. I don't think he's insightful. I don't think knows, really, anything about sports."

Most football fans regard Ron Jaworski as one of the top analysts in the business, but Rodgers isn't particularly thrilled with Jaworski, either.

"I like him, but, when I was coming out, he did the worst segment in the history of TV about me talking about my fundamentals," Rodgers said of Jaworski. "It was not even close to anywhere near my fundamentals. The first time I met him, someone introduced me to him and I said, 'Yeah I know him. He's the guy who ripped me before the draft.' The rest of the night he told me how great I was. I was like, 'I know your song and dance.' And now he loves me."

The whole interview, in which Rodgers criticized other ESPN employees and took a shot at the Detroit Lions, is well worth listening to. Rodgers comes across as an entertaining and engaging player who's not afraid to speak his mind. When he retires, he'd be perfect for the Monday Night Football booth. Or as co-host of Pardon the Interruption.

Aa-ron, Aa-ron Aa-ron! :box:

What Rodgers said about Kornhole is spot on.

By Rodgers does come off like a whiny bitch about Jaws. So what Jaws criticized Rodgers' fundamentals. Everyone did. That's why he slid to the bottom of the first. It wasn't like Jaws was a lone nut out there in his criticism.

Who is to say that Rodgers would be the same QB he is today if he didn't sit on the bench for all those years and learn how to properly throw the football???

What Rodgers said about Kornhole is spot on.

By Rodgers does come off like a whiny bitch about Jaws. So what Jaws criticized Rodgers' fundamentals. Everyone did. That's why he slid to the bottom of the first. It wasn't like Jaws was a lone nut out there in his criticism.

Who is to say that Rodgers would be the same QB he is today if he didn't sit on the bench for all those years and learn how to properly throw the football???

Rodgers is the poster boy for embarrassing draft day slides... and all he has done in the league is make Green Bay forget about Favre. He is entitled to holding a grudge against a guy that devoted a whole segment to negative criticism that easily contributed to the momentum of that slide in the draft, which also cost Rodgers money.

Gotta remember something, these draft analysts are all awful and when they open their mouths with criticism... half the time its because they have been told to find something about someone to do a critique piece about... and it gets over-exaggerated and costs the rookies money in the long run.

Lest we forget how much of a crapshoot the draft is, Alex Smith was the consensus #1 pick at QB that year, while rodgers slid to late in the 1st round. Jeez I wish we didnt have to play the Packers this year. They are going to embarass alot of people this year I just hope it aint us.

"You know who was better than Tony Kornheiser? Dennis Miller was ten times better," Rodgers said, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "Dennis Miller was a great comedian, but one of the worst Monday Night Football guys ever. And he was ten times better than Tony Kornheiser. His stuff was actually funny. Tony wasn't funny at all. He did absolutely no research. We'd sit in those production meetings and he would add absolutely nothing to the conversation. I'd be like, 'What are we doing here? This is stupid.'"

Kornie is a useless human being, how he has a job is unknown to the general public.

As to Rodgers sliding in the draft, that was mostly to belief in a "tedford curse" that makes QBs coached by Tedford fail in the pros. People were nitpicking Tedford's habit of teaching his QBs to throw the ball off of their ear. You know, the way Dan Marino did, maybe you heard of him.

So Smith was seen as the safer choice. This was before the bias against Spread Option QBs. If they redid that draft now Smith wouldn't go in the first round just due to having played in the Spread.

Say what you want about Kornheiser but on PTI he's pretty darn good. He just wasn't at all suited for the job on MNF.

Yeah, they just got an Emmy for their show this year I think. On PTI he is a pretty good contrast to Wilbon and its one of the better shows on ESPN.

That being said, on MNF I agree he was absolutely terrible.

Yeah, they just got an Emmy for their show this year I think. On PTI he is a pretty good contrast to Wilbon and its one of the better shows on ESPN.

That being said, on MNF I agree he was absolutely terrible.

For PTI, That is true, the show did but not the personalities:

2010 SPORTs EMMY AWARDS:

OUTSTANDING STUDIO SHOW-WEEKLY: College GameDay (ESPN)

OUTSTANDING STUDIO SHOW DAILY: Pardon the Interruption (ESPN)

OUTSTANDING NEW APPROACHES SPORTS PROGRAMMING: Super Bowl MVPs (ESPN.com)

OUTSTANDING SPORTS JOURNALISM: E: 60 (ESPN2)

OUTSTANDING LONG FEATURE: E: 60 (ESPN2)

OUTSTANDING GRAPHIC DESIGN: (TIE) MLB Tonight (MLB Network)

and SportsNation (ESPN2)

A matter of fact, the big Football night went not to MNF but to NBC's Sunday Night Football for Outstanding Live Sports Series, Superbowl XLIII for Outstanding Live Sports Special & to Bob Costas for Outstanding Sports Personality/ Studio Host (NBC & MLB Network).

Archived