ESPN 30 for 30

Jetsfan80

Anybody been watching these?

The one on July 17, 1994 and tonight's "The Escobar Brothers" (Andres Escobar killed by assassin after own goal in 1994 World Cup) were excellent. I also liked the one on the Miami Hurricanes.

The July 17, 1994 one was particularly cool because of how it presented all the events of that day (OJ white Bronco police chase, Game 5 of NBA Finals in New York, Palmer's last US Open, Rangers celebrate Stanley Cup, US World Cup opens, Griffey hits 30th HR 3 weeks before All-Star Break). Its as if you were flipping channels during the day, watching all these events woven together. Very interesting.

The OJ one was great. Struck a real chord with me because that was actually the weekend of my Bar Mitzvah believe it or not. I remember the split screen for the NBA Finals and OJ News on every channel like it was yesterday. I thought they did a great job approaching it from a non-narrative angle as well, just letting the clips tell the story.

Yep. And to top it all off, the Expos had the best or one of the best records in baseball at the time. F***ing players union stole a great year of baseball away from the public.

The only good year that damn team had in my lifetime and it was stolen by greed.

My favorites in order

The U - No explanation needed.

Run Ricky Run - New found respect for Ricky

A Kings Ransom - Wasn't aware of most of this it.

Without Bias - Not into to basketball and new very little.

Can't wait for

House of Steinbrenner

The Birth of Big Air

Was let down by

Straight out of LA - I knew it was gonna suck, and it still was a let down.

The Two Escobars - Too much was in Spanish and it put me to sleep. - I understand why and all, just saying I personally couldn't make it through it.

Just caught the one on the Escobars. What a story...there's so many subplots to it that I don't even think you could make that into a proper feature if you wanted to. I was 13 at the time and I still remember everyone laughing at the guy, I don't think any of us kids knew about what was going on at the time. You wind up just aching for the guy and his family.

Just caught the one on the Escobars. What a story...there's so many subplots to it that I don't even think you could make that into a proper feature if you wanted to. I was 13 at the time and I still remember everyone laughing at the guy, I don't think any of us kids knew about what was going on at the time. You wind up just aching for the guy and his family.

I was thinking the same thing when it came on. When i heard of it first hand it wasn't a big deal, then you hear what the team had to go through and Escobar in particular...terrible situation for the players and coaches.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Yep. And to top it all off, the Expos had the best or one of the best records in baseball at the time. F***ing players union stole a great year of baseball away from the public.

I'm pretty sure the Yankees had the best record at the time, they were killing it that year.

7 runs was a bad game, that strike may have cost Mattingly a ring!

Some of the guys on that Expo team:

Larry Walker

Marquis Grissom

Moises Alou

John Wetteland

young Pedro

Will Cordero

Cliff Floyd

Mel Rojas

Some guys who played in Montreal at young ages in the 90's...Randy Johnson...Vlad Guerrero...Pedro Martinez...that outfield...Cliff Floyd...Jose Vidro...Mike Lansing...Rondell White...uber douches Steve Kline and Ugeth Urbina...Dustin Hermanson...Alot of talent passed through...then they got contracted.

Archived