Dez Bryant refuses to carry pads

Falcon63

Kids these days, Al! They know nothing about tradition, respect, gamesmanship. This is why the world is going down the toilet.

:P

I heard he said he didnt carry pads cause '"Young Rappers dont carry Old Rappers guns or drugs".

young-joc-airs-out-gay-rapper-heykobe.jpg

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SJ - you son-of-a-gun! :)

This thread makes me laugh. There are those who think Dez is right and than there are those that think Dez is an a-hole. I betca those that think he is right are under 30 years old or are bleeding heart liberal moonbats. That's just the way it is.

SJ - you son-of-a-gun! :)

This thread makes me laugh. There are those who think Dez is right and than there are those that think Dez is an a-hole. I betca those that think he is right are under 30 years old or are bleeding heart liberal moonbats. That's just the way it is.

Huh? Moonbats? Not for nothing, might be the best nighttime softball team name EVER. Thanx.

So because Dez Bryant takes his job seriously, he's getting bashed?

He's going against tradition and not listening to vets, he's obviously not taking it serious. He's putting himself before the team.

In other words, he's taking himself too serious. He's not taking the Dallas Cowboys as serious.

He's going against tradition and not listening to vets, he's obviously not taking it serious. He's putting himself before the team.

It's not his job to listen to vets. Just because they are veterans does not make them any better than him. He is NOT putting himself before the team. Letting yourself get hazed puts you BELOW the team.

So because Dez Bryant takes his job seriously, he's getting bashed?

He can take his job seriously and carry the pads like every other rookie that has come before him. Its carrying F'ing pads. Its not like they asked him to wear Roy Williams jock strap on his face during practice.

It's not his job to listen to vets. Just because they are veterans does not make them any better than him. He is NOT putting himself before the team. Letting yourself get hazed puts you BELOW the team.
Yeah maybe the players union should step in. :rolleyes:

He can take his job seriously and carry the pads like every other rookie that has come before him. Its carrying F'ing pads. Its not like they asked him to wear Roy Williams jock strap on his face during practice.

Not on his head, but on his face. Thanks for the visual.

I think the article said he volunteered to do that instead of carrying pads.

Good luck playing college football with that attitude. You are going to get absolutely hammered.

What? You absolutely listen to your vets. They have the experience you want to gain. You lean on these guys to share their wisdon of the league, the position, the playbook, etc. And since Dez hasnt play a single down the NFL, yeah, Roy is better than him as bad as he sucks.

Thats like me getting promoted and not listening to the Senior Veteran Sales guy who makes a million dollars a year, been with the company for 12 years and knows everything about the business. If he was willing to share all his knowledge with me to help me become sucessful and all I had to do was get him coffee in the morning, I'd ask him what time and I'd have it there for him every morning.

Dude, you act like this doesnt happen every year on every team.

Good luck playing college football with that attitude. You are going to get absolutely hammered.

I was actually going to comment on this...but figured I'd leave my playing days out...but when I was in High School, if somebody didnt follow the "rights of passage", they got the F'ing **** kicked out them on and off the field. Nobody was better than having to go through it....everyone did. It was expected and accepted.

If you didnt, you were in a world of trouble.

So it states in his contract that he must carry other players' pads?

Its a tradition and the Cowpokes are paying him multi-million bucks...For the money he is making hes lucky they don't make him carry ther dirty jocks..Hall of Famers were probably all hazed to some degree when they were rookies..he should just do it and stop attracting attention to himself.

And please, stop comparing your high school glory days to the NFL...you are embarrassing yourself and this site

I was actually going to comment on this...but figured I'd leave my playing days out...but when I was in High School, if somebody didnt follow the "rights of passage", they got the F'ing **** kicked out them on and off the field. Nobody was better than having to go through it....everyone did. It was expected and accepted.

If you didnt, you were in a world of trouble.

And the longer you fight it, the worse its going to get and more unliked you'll become on the team.

This has nothing to do with a "right of passage". DezBryant just wants to play football, is that such a bad thing? All rookies shouldn't be required to go through some hazing, they should just shut up and play football. Anymore who thinks so is just a retarded frat boy who thinks that it's funny. No, it really isn't a huge deal to carry someone else's pads, so why is it a huge deal to NOT carry someone else's pads?

This has nothing to do with a "right of passage". DezBryant just wants to play football, is that such a bad thing? All rookies shouldn't be required to go through some hazing, they should just shut up and play football. Anymore who thinks so is just a retarded frat boy who thinks that it's funny. No, it really isn't a huge deal to carry someone else's pads, so why is it a huge deal to NOT carry someone else's pads?

Dude, it's just carrying someone's shoulder pads. :rolleyes:

Carrying pads for a week is part of shutting up and playing football. If you don't like it, then stop playing football.

So then why is it a big deal that he's not?

Because its just carrying freaking shoulder pads. Do I have to draw you a diagram?

Jeez. :rolleyes:

If this dickbrain would have picked up a pair of shoulder pads and carried them a couple hundred feet to a locker room we're not even having this discussion.

Because its just carrying freaking shoulder pads. Do I have to draw you a diagram?

If this dickbrain would have picked up a pair of shoulder pads and carried them a couple hundred feet to a locker room we're not even having this discussion.

If it's just carrying shoulder pads, then why didn't Williams do it himself?

Which is the main point... he wants to avoid trouble, and says he's not a bad guy... minimal effort would have eliminated tons of trouble.

agree.

sounds like some people never had to clean their rooms or take out the trash. ;)

Archived