Jets Training Camp Updates

Maxman

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yorkjets/post/_/id/800/tuesday-the-day-at-jets-camp?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

It's the first morning practice open to the public here in Cortland, and it should be clear and mild. That's notable because there are storms predicted for the afternoon session. I understand Jets coach Rex Ryan is looking to hold practice outside on the grass even in the rain, unless it gets ugly.

The story we'll be following today is Day 3 of the Darrelle Revis holdout. As Sal Paolantonio reported Tuesday, the Jets plan to extend an olive branch today. Rich Cimini has that story here.

That branch needs to be covered in dollar bills if Revis is going to come to training camp.

Cimini will be talking about the contract dispute on ESPN's First Take today.

In Tuesday's news, Laveranues Coles said he wants to retire as a Jet, which might just be after Week 4 when Santonio Holmes returns from his suspension. We have that story here.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-yorkjets/post/_/id/803/quote-of-the-day?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

LB Bart Scott had it, talking about the maturity of Mark Sanchez' ego.

"He’s got a little swagger. He thinks he’s sweet. I’ve seen him on the Tony Awards and all that stuff. He’s hot right now, so you can’t really tell him nothin’. He still better carry my pads though."

Hey Frank, was this the original Tom Shane or was this another guy taking on the handle?

No fake Tom Shane here- he is the one and original. Hopefully we can get some reports from him but have not heard from him.

yea good question-hey Max are you up in Cortland? According to everybody on Twitter that TE Jeff Cumberland had a great practice-I wonder if he can long snap...

I am in NJ. Working. No press passes makes me a dull boy, lol.

Jets morning practice news and notes »

By Manish Mehta

A few tidbits from the third practice without you-know-who:

QB Kellen Clemens (calf strain) returned after spending the first day on the active PUP list. Kris Jenkins (hamstring), however, is still sidelined and didn't participate.

Rookie TE Jeff Cumberland made a pair of nice grabs, including a nice one in traffic as he was blanketed by Emanuel Cook.

Rookie Vlad Ducasse worked with the first team at left guard during team drills ahead of Matt Slauson, who took the majority of first-team reps yesterday.

WR David Clowney worked ahead of Laveranues Coles on the first team. Clowney caught what would have been an 80-yard TD pass from Mark Sanchez when safety Brodney Pool mis-timed his jump.

Antonio Cromartie made a leaping interception on Sanchez's underthrown pass intended for Clowney later in practice. It was Sanchez's first pick in 11 on 11s in training camp. Unofficially, Sanchez was 6 of 13 with an interception in 11 on 11s.

Dustin Keller was easily Sanchez's go-to guy this morning with several catches in traffic.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2010/08/jets-morning-practice-news-and.html#ixzz0vYqkpd80

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/812/morning-practice-report-2

By Jane McManus

It didn’t take long for things to get chippy. Wayne Hunter got a few too many late hits from Kenwin Cummings and it was on. Pretty soon, Jets offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer and defensive coordinator Bob Sutton were firing R rated words around.

“It’s going to happen in camp sooner or later,” said Hunter, “for us it happened sooner.”

He added that Cummings is a friend of his off the field, and he should have expected something knowing how competitive the backup linebacker can be. The backup tackle said he got the last word on the field, blocking Cummings on a blitz to finish in a tie.

This kind of back and forth makes Rex Ryan smile. After practice, the Jets coach noted that he was happy with the intensity level of today’s morning practice at Jets training camp in Cortland as opposed to Monday when everyone was relatively cordial. He even joked that he’d go through the league to request a fine for the cursing.

"There was a little competitive spirit out there, and it got a little sensitive, I thought. That's always great to see. You love watching it when coaches go at it and all that jazz."

The day offered a few dramatic plays to get the fans into it as well. David Clowney, a wide receiver who had his share of drops and misses, had a 30 yard catch from quarterback Mark Sanchez and would have run it in for a touchdown in a game situation. Clowney got a hug from Jerricho Cotchery as he jogged back upfield with the ball.

Marcus Henry had a nice one-handed catch from Kellen Clemens, who was very limited in practice after reporting with a calf injury. TE Jeff Cumberland got a hold of a ball over safety Emanual Cook — who also got a piece but Cumberland came down with it. In the press conference Ryan said he needed to do a better job of blocking.

Matthew Mulligan had some nice catches, two with Brunell and another with O’Connell. Brunell looked rusty, and would’ve been sacked three times in the scrimmage drills. He also threw away a few balls under pressure.

DE Vernon Gholston got reps with the first team defense, and Lowery knocked down a pass from Sanchez intended for Cotchery. Calvin Pace grabbed a ball popped up by Braylon Edwards, and Antonio Cromartie had a leaping pick on a ball intended for Clowney. Kris Jenkins (hamstring) didn’t practice for a second day.

Damien Woody said that the practice was good, and several players mentioned feeling sore after roughly five hours of practice on Monday. This afternoon is a special teams practice, so the veterans should get some rest.

“The first day, that’s probably the best you’re going to feel all year,” Woody said.

As far as Darrelle Revis’ holdout, veteran Bart Scott said it’s hard to miss him on the field right now because so much of the time is devoted to learning plays with newer parts.

“In games when guys catch a pass it counts,” Scott said. “Out here we just coach a guy up for what he did wrong and get better.”

More coaching up at 4:20 when special teams practice starts.

Why did I waste my time making an official training camp thread if there's going to be an update thead for everyday?

You think we should have one thread for the entire camp? Also, how long did it take you to start that thread. I want to make sure we reimburse you properly, lol.

You think we should have one thread for the entire camp? Also, how long did it take you to start that thread. I want to make sure we reimburse you properly, lol.

No thanks. Feel free to delete it.

She'll never get those 45 seconds back.

Archived