The stadium being "lit up" in green after the game was an embarassment

Jetkid94

so coming out of the game around 10:15 I was excited to see the stadium all lit up in green because what I've been hearing is at night they light up all of that silver with green so the stadium just glows in green. I waited until I got in the car to get a full view of the stadium. It seemed like only parts of the silver were green and the parts that were lit green weren't even that bright. Like it just didn't look good it went from being silver, to silver with a puke green type look.

That stadium can look even nicer when it's glowing green at night and I sure hope they weren't using all of/the highest brightness possible since it was preseason..

They spend 1.6 billion dollars on a stadium and cant light the whole thing up in green? only parts of it just makes it look stupid and careless.

Who cares? :mellow:

You go for the game not some ******* Spencers light show.

Spending $1.6 billion on the stadium isn't an issue.

If the Jets & Giants moved to Jacksonville and spent $1.6 million they would have built a small city. So claiming that it's embarrassing that they spent all this money and lights aren't turned on all the way is kinda off. Money is irrelevant because of the cost of construction in the tri-state area.

I thought the stadium looked great on TV. True Jets endzones, I liked the field trimming in white & green, the screens were crazy, and there are no more red seats.

I thought the stadium looked great on TV. True Jets endzones, I liked the field trimming in white & green, the screens were crazy, and there are no more red seats.

True Jets endzones? What does that mean? We've always had our name in the endzone. Didnt look much different than years past.

And the field trimming? Awesome, we still need a hanging banner. Except this year its white and green. The video screens were cool and well placed. No more red seats? That really bothered fans? The color of seats! Grey looks stupid, but the empty seats did blend in well.

I was severely disappointed in our brand new, never felt before "home field advantage" Didnt look any different than the old sh*thole. I guess I expected more since this was our first "real home"

It must be nice, when this is all you have to worry about.

When your promised that the stadium will be lit up for the jets and the never before felt home field advantage will be there, and they dont live up to the hype they created? yeah. Disappointment. Luckily we finally have product on the field that is worthy of watching and paying top $$$ for.

When your promised that the stadium will be lit up for the jets and the never before felt home field advantage will be there, and they dont live up to the hype they created? yeah. Disappointment. Luckily we finally have product on the field that is worthy of watching and paying top $$$ for.

True and true, but still it must be nice...

nice when we dont have to bitch about the talent on the field...

just sucks that they cant even get their new stadium working right. not like this was the first event there.

I agree, but it's not the end of the end of the world.

Now if they never get it right... ;)

True Jets endzones? What does that mean? We've always had our name in the endzone. Didnt look much different than years past.

LOL. You truly are a "little bit special." LOL

Here's last night's endzone:

JetsEndzone.jpg

And here is last year's endzone:

Giants+Stadium+Jets.jpg

Yeah, they look the same. Get a clue.

Its not the end of the world, but for what they promised and what they delivered it is a severe disappointment.

In 10 years they'll be bitching for a new stadium 'cause they cant get the green lights to work right!

:rl:

LOL. You truly are a "little bit special." LOL

Here's last night's endzone:

JetsEndzone.jpg

And here is last year's endzone:

Giants+Stadium+Jets.jpg

Yeah, they look the same. Get a clue.

WOW! They both say Jets! Big difference? The endzone is painted green instead of the green turf that was there last year. Yep. Real big difference. Can really feel that home field advantage we never had in the old building! Glad we have to shell out big $$$ for PSL's so our endzone is painted green on a green field.

Archived