So Chauncey, Woodhead, And Clowney All Made The Team

SoFlaJets

Now we find out just how cheap Woody is. When Hess was alive the Jets had several times put players on the PS, but paid them rookie minimum, and guaranteed their salary for the season under the condition that they wouldn’t sign with another team.

Washington is a very strong candidate for that role

woodhead has played in games and therefore is not p-squad elig. Chauncey still has elig left. either way both are on the team and Woodhead was gonna be active for special teams duty.

Oh I have no problem with woodhead making the team. IMO he also has earned it. Personally I would have kept Washington over him, but it’s a close call.

The guy I have a problem with is McKnight. Guy has tons of talent, but shown nothing. I really don’t think that he will ever run between the tackles.

Of all the NFL positions, RB is the one that guys can come right in and do. A lot of it is instinct. Either you have it, or you don’t

McKnight doesn’t . Wasted spot, and they are going to lose a good player because of it.

Oh I have no problem with woodhead making the team. IMO he also has earned it. Personally I would have kept Washington over him, but it’s a close call.

The guy I have a problem with is McKnight. Guy has tons of talent, but shown nothing. I really don’t think that he will ever run between the tackles.

Of all the NFL positions, RB is the one that guys can come right in and do. A lot of it is instinct. Either you have it, or you don’t

McKnight doesn’t . Wasted spot, and they are going to lose a good player because of it.

Bring back Little John Flowers!!!

Re: Clowney vs. Woodhead

They're both scrubs. Guaranteed the Jets have put in waiver claims on a WR or two overnight. We'll see what happens there. After that, these guys are both at risk of getting bumped off the roster at any time. Could be as soon as the second week of the year when they look to bring in Coles, or week 5 when Holmes comes back. Or they could decide at any time that a player on the practice squad deserves a promotion at their expense.

I think the thing with these two players is that Woodhead is seen as an overachiever, and Clowney is seen as an underachiever. Right or wrong, that's the perception. Clowney has greater natural gifts that he does less with. That could very well be a black/white thing -either consciously or unconsciously- for fans. I'm sure it's an element for some. For me, I see Woodhead doing more of the little things. He may not be great at anything, but he's willing to do anything and that goes a long way. He could fill in at RB or WR in a pinch. Clowney seems like a one-trick pony, a downfield threat as a WR and nothing more. Maybe once the Jets cut ties with him he'll become someone else's Terrance Mathis - who knows? But the Jets could really use a third WR here, and I just don't see this guy stepping up to the plate.

I think you hit on it. Overachiever versus underachiever. And I am always fascinated with raw talent. To each his own ...

I think you hit on it. Overachiever versus underachiever. And I am always fascinated with raw talent. To each his own ...

Seems like only Woodhead remains now after Clowney and Washington were waived which sucks.

I really wanted Washington as our 3rd RB, that kid deserves to be a Jet.

Seems like only Woodhead remains now after Clowney and Washington were waived which sucks.

I really wanted Washington as our 3rd RB, that kid deserves to be a Jet.

If the Jets can sign him to their practice squad, they're in good shape. At any point in the season, they'll be able to promote him if they need him.

I know the fans are all upset with McKnight, but unlike Chauncey, he was very unlikely to clear waivers and make it back to the practice squad. Definitely politics going on here, but when a team trades up in the fourth round to take a player, they're going to give that player at least a year.

Obviously Woodhead has something they like. I was hoping we'd see another RB pickup. I really wasn't enamored with either Woodhead or CWash.

Ground & Pound, Baby! cool.gif

Jets have another as yet unannounced cut to make. I wouldn't be surprised if it was one of the TE's.

Especially now that we just cut our only legit deep threat (until week 5). :D Seriously, one of the TEs can't fill in at FB if the starter get injured? Or a lineman like they do at times? If they like Connor so much, it is time for Richardson to retire. And 4 TEs?

At the end of the day, coaches have to look at a player and ask the question, "Can he play in the NFL or not?" Clowney has had, what, four(?) years to show he can be an NFL player and he never has--not even close. Good riddance.

Also, Joe McKnight should have been sent packing the second he showed up for training camp out of shape. Entitled little no-talent. I'd like to see two guys in the locker room that support him keeping a job over Washington. IMO, it sends an awful, awful message to the team.

P.S. Woodhead's here because he's a "good story," and that story starts and ends with the fact that he's a scrappy white kid.

I liked Washington too. Do we really need 2 FBs and 4 freakin TEs?

The 2 FB's I can see, if you have an injury, you have to have a back-up.

I have no idea why we need 4 TE's.

I like Cumberland and obviously Keller and Hartstock aren't going anywhere but Mulligan is expendable IMHO.

Archived