Can Cromartie or Wilson cover Welker ?

GREENBEAN

A rookie starting his very first NFL game at a position he never played his entire life and the Jets still couldn't contain him.

BTW, those 98 yards were 26 more yards than the Jets entire passing offense put up Monday night.

Like I said earlier, the Jets do not have a viable solution to the Pats slot receivers.

How those two have anything to do with one another is beyond me.

8 catches for 98 yards and zero touchdowns. The Patriots scored 6 points the entire game, yet they couldnt contain him? What the hell are you talking about?

Check the box score from the 2007 meeting. There was a WR the Jets couldn't contain on the Pats in that meeting.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schotty's been here 4 years, Cro 1 game, it's not even close.

943182047d1249721477-happy-birthday-frank-facepalm.jpg

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Cromartie actually played...and played terribly...and not for nothing I think I've shown that I'm a poster with an actual desire to look past the weekly store lines and what's been regurgitated by everyone...Cromartie has carried similar knocks with him for a long time...his play was sloppy and not under control in San Diego...even in that big 10 INT season Charger fans had problems with his lack of discipline.

Cromartie's big gift on the field is that while he'll get beat and look like an idiot often....He gets turnovers...the even bigger plus is that he can do something with the ball when he does get turnovers. When he plays like he did in Week 1 he reminds me of why the Chargers got sick of the act...

What's holding me back from making a dozen threads about it is because he's so ridiculously talented that they kept him for 2 mediocre years after his big season despite how bad he looks when he's off. When he's going perfect the guy is a treat to watch...Otherwise he's kind of a f*ckin liability.

You can't tell me no one else noticed how slow he looked or how easily he was fooled by simple moves...This is supposed to be his comeback season...I want to see it. Unlike Schotty, we're not judging him based on what 11 guys not named Schotty do...

...and not for nothing I think I've shown that I'm a poster with an actual desire to look past the weekly store lines and what's been regurgitated by everyone...

Again with the campaigning. This trend of people inserting qualifications to bolster their opinions is getting laughable. This is a meritocracy. You're only as good as your last stupid idea.

One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. Cromartie actually played...and played terribly...and not for nothing I think I've shown that I'm a poster with an actual desire to look past the weekly store lines and what's been regurgitated by everyone...Cromartie has carried similar knocks with him for a long time...his play was sloppy and not under control in San Diego...even in that big 10 INT season Charger fans had problems with his lack of discipline.

Cromartie's big gift on the field is that while he'll get beat and look like an idiot often....He gets turnovers...the even bigger plus is that he can do something with the ball when he does get turnovers. When he plays like he did in Week 1 he reminds me of why the Chargers got sick of the act...

What's holding me back from making a dozen threads about it is because he's so ridiculously talented that they kept him for 2 mediocre years after his big season despite how bad he looks when he's off. When he's going perfect the guy is a treat to watch...Otherwise he's kind of a f*ckin liability.

You can't tell me no one else noticed how slow he looked or how easily he was fooled by simple moves...This is supposed to be his comeback season...I want to see it. Unlike Schotty, we're not judging him based on what 11 guys not named Schotty do...

I agree with you. I think Wilson's starting before the season's over, and maybe long before that. Cromartie would be an excellent free safety candidate if he had a physical bone in his body. I already see him hitting UFA next year, with the Jets offering him a minor deal to come back as a role player. I never bought into this move - and I'm a guy who likes to give everyone a chance. There's no place for him to play in this game, except maybe doubling up Moss when they want Revis to shut down Welker.

The big difference is, though, that the Jets defense as a whole played more than well enough to win despite Cro's brain farts. The offense, with a lot of talent in place, played like absolute crap.

Again with the campaigning. This trend of people inserting qualifications to bolster their opinions is getting laughable. This is a meritocracy. You're only as good as your last stupid idea.

Stfu...I want to bypass normal board dynamics and be a Super Poster.

No really...I felt like a douche just writing that out.

I agree with you. I think Wilson's starting before the season's over, and maybe long before that. Cromartie would be an excellent free safety candidate if he had a physical bone in his body. I already see him hitting UFA next year, with the Jets offering him a minor deal to come back as a role player. I never bought into this move - and I'm a guy who likes to give everyone a chance. There's no place for him to play in this game, except maybe doubling up Moss when they want Revis to shut down Welker.

The big difference is, though, that the Jets defense as a whole played more than well enough to win despite Cro's brain farts. The offense, with a lot of talent in place, played like absolute crap.

+1

He has the FS skillset EXCEPT he can't hit like a safety...if he could do that then he'd be gravy...we'd have someone who can pull off acting like Ed Reed.

It sucks because this is a guy who blew out his knee out in his draft year and STILL got compared to Sanders and went in the first round as a CB. If he had any kind of discipline at all he'd be in the Revis/Aso tier of cornerbacks...

Cromartie is going to be fine. The penalties were the product of playing press for the first time in about three years. He's gotten used to playing off so he panics every time he has to trail thinking he's going to get burned for a touchdown. It'll pass.

Cromartie is going to be fine. The penalties were the product of playing press for the first time in about three years. He's gotten used to playing off so he panics every time he has to trail thinking he's going to get burned for a touchdown. It'll pass.

Probably...he's entirely capable of it and I assume this team still wants to win despite the crushing loss.

Well I guess this was bound to happen. Just because it's not filtered doesn;t mean you have to abuse it. I am placing you on reverse banning. you must post at least 7 times a day for the next 9 days or i will make it 18. If you have a complaint kisss my gigantic fat azz.

Thank you

Crusher

Well that's just ****ed up.

I'm not judging but you seem well versed in produce pounding your damn self. Im happy Im not the only one.

Well winters are long and cold in St. Cloud, Minnesota. It's easy to get quite lonely. When the goat farm is too cold to walk to, one turns to produce. But I live in New York. So I'm just a 24 year old grad student, who happens to run a train on the occasional melon.

Well winters are long and cold in St. Cloud, Minnesota. It's easy to get quite lonely. When the goat farm is too cold to walk to, one turns to produce. But I live in New York. So I'm just a 24 year old grad student, who happens to run a train on the occasional melon.

Maybe someday we could hit a farmers market after a Jets game. It would be epic. LOL

Where you might find trouble is if/when the Pats go to an empty backfield. Hern. and Gronk could give you guys fits along with Moss/Welker. If you add in Tate or Edelman, you could have some trouble. But your defense is nasty, plain and simple. I'd be more concerned with your offense right now. Sanchez just isn't there yet. He could grow into the role, but he just isn't there yet, and he won't be until the Jets coaching staff takes the training wheels off and lets him do what he has to do, for better or worse.

BTW, too bad to hear about Jenkins. That's a big loss. I hate when injuries like that happen, here's hoping that he can come back healthy next year.

Where you might find trouble is if/when the Pats go to an empty backfield. Hern. and Gronk could give you guys fits along with Moss/Welker. If you add in Tate or Edelman, you could have some trouble. But your defense is nasty, plain and simple. I'd be more concerned with your offense right now. Sanchez just isn't there yet. He could grow into the role, but he just isn't there yet, and he won't be until the Jets coaching staff takes the training wheels off and lets him do what he has to do, for better or worse.

BTW, too bad to hear about Jenkins. That's a big loss. I hate when injuries like that happen, here's hoping that he can come back healthy next year.

I'm having trouble placing you. You seemed knowledgeable of the pats like a pats fan, but you are nice and respectful. There's no place for that here good sir.

I will admit I drank the cool-aid this summer and believed that our new threesome of CB's 9once revis was signed of course) was going to blanket the field. I'm not a doom and gloom Jets fan and mostly try and see the positives however few they may be and I am thinking that our guys in the defensive backfield will improve over the course of the season. But I have to say I'm afraid of what Welker and Brady are going to be able to do to our D.

Moss can say what he wants. Revis is going to our muscle him till he gives up once again.

It's Welker that scares me.

Tons of penalties have some jumping out the window. Discipline will easily fix that. I have no worries about out defense given last monday night...because with all the mess-ups and penalties, the Ravens were only able to get 10 points out of it. Im not worried about Cro or Wilson, im worried about our offense.

Wes Welker is basically impossible to cover on the quick hits they use. Kinda reminds me in a sense of Westbrook/ McNabb. More like a 1-3 yard handoff for the most part. It's the yard after catch you have to play IMFHO.

Cromatarie is too tall to be agile enough coming out of his breaks to keep up. Not too mention with him around probably wouldn't be any melons left for the rest of us. This could be a problem.

Archived