Can Cromartie or Wilson cover Welker ?

GREENBEAN

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weird, I guess you can say ****ed but not **** or *******. What about bitch, ****, twat and slut?

Those will have to do.

your ****in a right they will

as for Cro, here's a serious question for the board does a 66 yard int return balance out 3 pass int penalties and slipping on the ground on another 3rd down?

He's not Revis minus. he's Lito Plus.

as for Wilson i think a week like that can help a guy that young, he's just wrapping his head around the game and could very well improve. Im not writing him off but his rawness is probably why he dropped to 29. kareem jackson, Devin Mccourty did have much better 1st days

as for Cro, here's a serious question for the board does a 66 yard int return balance out 3 pass int penalties and slipping on the ground on another 3rd down?

No.

He's not Revis minus. he's Lito Plus.

He's really DeAngelo Hall divided by pi.

as for Wilson i think a week like that can help a guy that young, he's just wrapping his head around the game and could very well improve. Im not writing him off but his rawness is probably why he dropped to 29.

Wilson is alright. At least he can cover.

Pats fans have become more delusional than I thought. The team hasn't won anything in 5 years, were embarrassed in the playoffs last season and beat a decent Bengals team Week 1.

One win and its the dynasty years again.

Apparently, Gronkowski is Kellen Winslow incarnated. Lets all relax here.

Pats fans have become more delusional than I thought. The team hasn't won anything in 5 years, were embarrassed in the playoffs last season and beat a decent Bengals team Week 1.

One win and its the dynasty years again.

Apparently, Gronkowski is Kellen Winslow incarnated. Lets all relax here.

You should hear the Phin fans down here.

The key isn't who can cover who, it's the amount of time they have to be covered. Welker gets his because they are mostly quick hits. Revis has been good at limiting Moss - his TD last year came on a super short route. With the Jet pressure packages, Smith shouldn't have to cover a TE for very long and they shouldn't be able to get too deep. Hopefully Pool will be back because he should be better in coverage than the others.

I will admit I drank the cool-aid this summer and believed that our new threesome of CB's 9once revis was signed of course) was going to blanket the field. I'm not a doom and gloom Jets fan and mostly try and see the positives however few they may be and I am thinking that our guys in the defensive backfield will improve over the course of the season. But I have to say I'm afraid of what Welker and Brady are going to be able to do to our D.

Moss can say what he wants. Revis is going to our muscle him till he gives up once again.

It's Welker that scares me.

CRO is not a good matchup on Welker. CRO, if anything, has trouble getting out of his breaks because of his size, which may be death on Welker.

Wilson was drafted for guys like Welker, not guys like Boldin and Housh... at least not this year anyway.... Small and quick should be doable for him.

Welker is a greatplayer though, so who knows, but I think Wilson is a good matchup on Welker.

Can't have Cro cover Moss....(lol at Moss being "done"). Revis has to be on Moss. Cro on Tate. Have no real choice but to throw the rookie at Welker. Good luck with that. Look for Welker to kill you when Rex repeatedly huffs and puffs and blitzes every 3rd and long. Personally, I'm excited to see how you deal with Brady's newest toy...

488100819_0090_Patriots_at_Falcons-420x280.jpg

Rams+Patriots+Football.jpg

Cromartie is a hotel lobby all star as Colin Cowerd would say. Looks great in the uniform and looks like sh*t on the field. His coverage was on Justin Miller levels Monday night. Great athlete, cant cover worth a lick.

Actually, that shows you how things look from the stands. CRO had good coverage on a lot of plays, but was just a little too physical which led to penalties. He also made a play on that pick that not many corners can make.

With that said, he did look lost sometimes, but it certainly wasn't Justin Miller like.

Can't have Cro cover Moss....(lol at Moss being "done"). Have no real choice but to throw the rookie at Welker. Good luck with that. Look for Welker to kill you when Rex repeatedly huffs and puffs and blitzes every 3rd and long. Personally, I'm excited to see how you deal with Brady's newest toy...

488100819_0090_Patriots_at_Falcons-420x280.jpg

Rams+Patriots+Football.jpg

I don't agree on Welker killing us on the blitz. The plays that beat our blitz were the passes that Flacco "lobbed up" over the top of the blitz. He didn't throw too many square ins, etc to beat the blitz.

Actually, that shows you how things look from the stands. CRO had good coverage on a lot of plays, but was just a little too physical which led to penalties. He also made a play on that pick that not many corners can make.

With that said, he did look lost sometimes, but it certainly wasn't Justin Miller like.

Obviously exaggerating...but Mason beat him silly a few times and Flacco over threw him.

I don't agree on Welker killing us on the blitz. The plays that beat our blitz were the passes that Flacco "lobbed up" over the top of the blitz. He didn't throw too many square ins, etc to beat the blitz.

Welker beats us on the blitz too, screens can kill us the way we blitz. Rex needs to make adjustment for this.

Wilson is capable of it.

I want to see a DB alignment with Cromartie in a rover S role. Just to see if it'd work.

Cromartie has stated on numerous times that he prefers man coverage. It's been widely reported that he sucked in SD when the played zone. That is supposedly why we were able to trade for him. He was supposed to be able to instantly revert to all-pro by going back to man. We've seen him play off the WR and it was ugly.

Flacco isn't Brady and the Brady you faced in week 2 last year is not the same Brady youface this Sunday.

Rob Gronkowski is already in Canton apparently

Not at all. But Pats Fans have a reason to be excited by what they've seen so far. He's not Ben Coates, but the Pats have never had three all-purpose tight ends of the caliber they have today. (Crumpler came in in great shape and is going to be a contributer, too.) Add in Welker or Edelman in the slot and a backfield that can all catch the ball, and it's obvious Bill has a lot of options.

Welker beats us on the blitz too, screens can kill us the way we blitz. Rex needs to make adjustment for this.

THIS

Cromartie has stated on numerous times that he prefers man coverage. It's been widely reported that he sucked in SD when the played zone. That is supposedly why we were able to trade for him. He was supposed to be able to instantly revert to all-pro by going back to man. We've seen him play off the WR and it was ugly.

Maybe I'm just jumping on him....he looked terrible on Monday...slow even...I'm probably Schotty-ing him.

Someone has to keep up with Rex ******* Ryan :)

****ed

Weird, I guess you can say ****ed but not **** or *******. What about bitch, ****, twat and slut?

Those will have to do.

Well I guess this was bound to happen. Just because it's not filtered doesn;t mean you have to abuse it. I am placing you on reverse banning. you must post at least 7 times a day for the next 9 days or i will make it 18. If you have a complaint kisss my gigantic fat azz.

Thank you

Crusher

And then Edelman will scorch you just like he did in week 2 last year.

Jets really don't have a solution for the Pats slot receivers.

8 catches for 98 yards 0 touchdowns.

Scorched.

If those are the Pats slot numbers the Jets win the game. The Pats scored 6 points with Edelman "scorching us" Sign me up.

And then Edelman will scorch you just like he did in week 2 last year.

Jets really don't have a solution for the Pats slot receivers.

Probably not. Welker and/or his replacement will get their catches. The key is to limit their effectiveness - minimize the yards after the catch.

I think the solution is to be physical with them. Should see a lot of press coverage from Wilson, and hopefully some clean legal bangs from the LB's and safeties. Might see Revis on him in some spots, with Moss getting double-teamed, but not a lot. Jets swarmed on Baltimore's receivers pretty well. Flacco was throwing to the marker on most of his conversions, not dumping it off and watching the receiver run for it - which is more of what Brady does with Welker.

8 catches for 98 yards 0 touchdowns.

Scorched.

If those are the Pats slot numbers the Jets win the game. The Pats scored 6 points with Edelman "scorching us" Sign me up.

A rookie starting his very first NFL game at a position he never played his entire life and the Jets still couldn't contain him.

BTW, those 98 yards were 26 more yards than the Jets entire passing offense put up Monday night.

Like I said earlier, the Jets do not have a viable solution to the Pats slot receivers.

Probably not. Welker and/or his replacement will get their catches. The key is to limit their effectiveness - minimize the yards after the catch.

I think the solution is to be physical with them. Should see a lot of press coverage from Wilson, and hopefully some clean legal bangs from the LB's and safeties. Might see Revis on him in some spots, with Moss getting double-teamed, but not a lot. Jets swarmed on Baltimore's receivers pretty well. Flacco was throwing to the marker on most of his conversions, not dumping it off and watching the receiver run for it - which is more of what Brady does with Welker.

Good points slats.

If the Jets elect to bring the blitz against Brady, he will definately utilize the underneath stuff to the slot receivers and TE's.

Minimizing YAC will be extremely critical.

Good points slats.

If the Jets elect to bring the blitz against Brady, he will definately utilize the underneath stuff to the slot receivers and TE's.

Minimizing YAC will be extremely critical.

Yes. I'd love to see Rex go against type on his bad self in this game, even once in a while, and drop into coverage. They definitely will blitz, but they can't bring the house every third down and expect that be effective against Brady. That ain't happening.

Archived