TBJ's Letter to the NY Jets

THE ILK

The NY Rangers had not won a cup in 54 years when The Captain Mark Messier made his famous, now legendary guarantee.

The difference is Mess went out there and delivered, the problem is you don't have anybody half as great as Mark Messier.

Therefore you should just shut up and play! Great leaders, legends like Namath, Messier, Ruth, Reed, and Ali knew how to seize the moment.

They did not just spout off out the mouth all day everyday for months, they spoke up at the right time and when it was needed most!

They also showed that they knew they could do what they said, by getting the job done, not by continuing to talk about it!

I Love you guys, but you had no business talking like you have, none what so ever. I hope you just shut up and play!

If you win it all then say I told you so, until then please SHUT UP!

... talking had nothing to do with the poor offensive performance ...

... you want to blame shott ... you want to blame sanchez ... you want to blame greene ... you want to blame slausen ... you want to blame brick ... you want to blame woody ...

... i'm onboard with any of those choices ...

... talking had nothing to do with the abyssmal offense ...

l_j_r

Your boy SanCheckdown is still writing checks.

"The sun came up, we knew it would, and there's nothing wrong with going 15-1," he said. "I'm confident in our scheme. Nothing changes [because of Monday night]. It's way too early to hit the panic button."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/mark_to_namath_chill_out_LmXzqPOKUzU6WcyO5ZJDNI

"The sun came up, we knew it would, and there's nothing wrong with going 15-1," he said. "I'm confident in our scheme. Nothing changes [because of Monday night]. It's way too early to hit the panic button."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/mark_to_namath_chill_out_LmXzqPOKUzU6WcyO5ZJDNI

That is amazing that Sanchez is still talking crap after Monday night.

With Sanchez there is always an explanation about why he's good that doesn't involve playing football. It started at the combine when he threw in passing drills and Stafford didn't. Sanchez is good not because of what he does on the field but because he threw at the combine. It just goes on from there. Every week there is another explanation about why Sanchez is good which doesn't involve playing the game.

Remember, Sanchez had that private passing camp in "cali". So the first week of the season he should be ahead of the other QBs. See, people talk about how great Sanchez is because of the private passing camp without being able to point to the private passing camp in "cali" doing any good.

Its always the same, there is some off the field reason why Sanchez is a good QB even though on the field he is the worst starting QB in the league.

Holy crap! This kid just doesn't get it. Hope Wrecks is proud of what he created.

Cool... So does that mean Tomlinson, Brunell, Smith, or Clemons is starting at QB Sunday? CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!

With Sanchez there is always an explanation about why he's good that doesn't involve playing football. It started at the combine when he threw in passing drills and Stafford didn't. Sanchez is good not because of what he does on the field but because he threw at the combine. It just goes on from there. Every week there is another explanation about why Sanchez is good which doesn't involve playing the game.

Remember, Sanchez had that private passing camp in "cali". So the first week of the season he should be ahead of the other QBs. See, people talk about how great Sanchez is because of the private passing camp without being able to point to the private passing camp in "cali" doing any good.

Its always the same, there is some off the field reason why Sanchez is a good QB even though on the field he is the worst starting QB in the league.

Did you see the Bay Watch shoot? Yeah he's that good.

... talking had nothing to do with the poor offensive performance ...

... you want to blame shott ... you want to blame sanchez ... you want to blame greene ... you want to blame slausen ... you want to blame brick ... you want to blame woody ...

... i'm onboard with any of those choices ...

... talking had nothing to do with the abyssmal offense ...

l_j_r

Sorry if you got that I was blaming the poor offense on talking, I can assure you that was not the case.

Take another look, I'm pretty sure it's more on the lines that they have not shown that they were good enough to talk like this, and how successful talkers went about things.

Holy crap! This kid just doesn't get it. Hope Wrecks is proud of what he created.

What do you think the Pats are expecting from their season? Are they walking around thinking, "God, if we can just go 10-6..."? Do they NOT expect to win every game?

By the way, if memory serves, didn't the Pats once spend a whole ******* season running up the score on lesser opponents. Didn't Tom ******* Brady keep throwing up by 40 points on the Redskins in your 19-0, I mean 18-1 season?

Wes Welker jumps up after catches and yells "You suck!" to overmatched opponents.

Do the Pats "get it"? Cheating, running up the score bunch of assholes. And the Jets are bad?

When you begin a season, you strive for 16-0, you expect 16-0, no matter who you are. When you lose a game, you then strive to win the rest, you expect to win the rest. What is it that YOU don't get.

The Jets sent three of the team's biggest leaders — Jones, Washington and Faneca — packing.

What did you expect when it came to leadership?

What I expected regarding leadership is irrelevant to the letter.

I think it's quite obvious what I expect, but I'll say it again especially for you...

I expect them to shut up and play!

Now Regarding leadership, I expected the leaders that are still here to step up, but even with Jones, Washington and Faneca, the Jets still had no "business talking like they did."

None of those guys are half as good as the talkers I brought up either!

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/mark_to_namath_chill_out_LmXzqPOKUzU6WcyO5ZJDNI sneakers

Haha, nice.

What I expected regarding leadership is irrelevant to the letter.

I think it's quite obvious what I expect, but I'll say it again especially for you...

I expect them to shut up and play!

Now Regarding leadership, I expected the leaders that are still here to step up, but even with Jones, Washington and Faneca, the Jets still had no "business talking like they did."

None of those guys are half as good as the talkers I brought up either!

Dude, Rex is Rex.

Nothing gonna change that — especially a "letter."

Dude, Rex is Rex.

Nothing gonna change that — especially a "letter."

I never said the letter would change anything, and still that makes nothing about the letter untrue.

If everybody had your attitude nothing would ever get changed, anywhere.

I'd rather try and do my part, then sit on my hands.

Whether it's a waste of time or not, I tried to shed light on the subject, and I'm fine with that.

That is amazing that Sanchez is still talking crap after Monday night.

Please explain how that is talking crap..Merely stating the obvios, that 15-1 is still a possibility..I don't see him saying they will be 15-1, just that the world didn't end because of 1 loss...you patsie* trolls never stop do you..

Please explain how that is talking crap..Merely stating the obvios, that 15-1 is still a possibility..I don't see him saying they will be 15-1, just that the world didn't end because of 1 loss...you patsie* trolls never stop do you..

The guy had one of the worst statistical performances by an NFL QB in recent memory.

Instead of coming out and saying "15-1 is still a possibility" shouldn't his comments been about "improving my play at the QB position and getting our offense to be more productive"?

The guy had one of the worst statistical performances by an NFL QB in recent memory.

Instead of coming out and saying "15-1 is still a possibility" shouldn't his comments been about "improving my play at the QB position and getting our offense to be more productive"?

Because the Jets don't believe in boring interviews.

Archived