Mets fans...

AFJF

I saw the title of this thread and immediately started typing "no" because I knew it was going to be about Torre. I think it would be cruel and inhumane to bring in a respected manager like that to work for the loser that is Jeffy Wilpon. Let Wally Backman come in and get chewed up and spit out.

This is how bad the Mets organization is. A solid pitching prospect (Brad Holt) from my alma mater, UNC Wilmington, was drafted in the 1st round by the Mets 2 years ago. At first, I was psyched. Then I realized....its the Mets. They will ruin him. And its true. He hurt his elbow, and was told by 3 different team doctors three different diagnoses about what was wrong. A guy with a mid-90s fastball and sharp slider is getting destroyed by the Mets, and at this point, I hope for his sake that he gets traded.

That whole organization needs to get blown up from top to bottom. No one manager or player is going to fix a damn thing.

This is how bad the Mets organization is. A solid pitching prospect (Brad Holt) from my alma mater, UNC Wilmington, was drafted in the 1st round by the Mets 2 years ago. At first, I was psyched. Then I realized....its the Mets. They will ruin him. And its true. He hurt his elbow, and was told by 3 different team doctors three different diagnoses about what was wrong. A guy with a mid-90s fastball and sharp slider is getting destroyed by the Mets, and at this point, I hope for his sake that he gets traded.

That whole organization needs to get blown up from top to bottom. No one manager or player is going to fix a damn thing.

Damn straight. They play with player's careers like it's a rotisserie league. I'm a Mets fan and I want them to trade Johan Santana and Carlos Beltran just because I want to see them play for good teams. Let the Mets keep their pansy Golden Boys in Wright and Reyes and let the good players have a chance at successful careers elsewhere.

This Torre/Manuel nonsense is so typical of the Mets.

Manuel acting put upon is a joke. He's accomplished...what exactly to act like he's wronged. He's been a walking talking embarrassment since the day he was hired.

Backman has succeeded where ever he's managed. He may even be under contract after leading the Mets' A Brooklyn team to their league chanpionship series before losing last week.He would also be a salve to a fan base that has been abused by the utter mismanagement of the Wilpons, which is the core problem. Joel Sherman last Sunday documented that good baseball people want nothing to do with the Wilpons. Suspect the Wilpons will hire bland Bob Melvin. Good luck with that.

Archived