Carson Palmer is Chad Pennington 2.0.

SenorGato

Anyone else noticing it? It's not that he's finished...like Pennington, you never stop rooting for guys like this...it's that injuries have killed what was once top of the line upside.

That said, like Pennington he remains a competent QB after the injuries. I hope the Bengals pull out the North...seriously...f*ck the Steelers and the Ravens...and I hope they do it with the easiest non-Jets QB to root for in the league (except for Matt Schaub).

Pennington won playoff games, Pennington has a football IQ in the elite levels, Pennington is a true team leader. I don't see these thing from Palmer even though I like him. Palmer seems very timid, whereas Chad was not, even though his physical limitations prevented him from being that killer QB like a Peyton Manning. I really hope Chad comes back to the Jets one day filling the role Brunell has now or becoming our QB coach eventually leading to offensive coordinator.

Pennington won playoff games, Pennington has a football IQ in the elite levels, Pennington is a true team leader. I don't see these thing from Palmer even though I like him. Palmer seems very timid, whereas Chad was not, even though his physical limitations prevented him from being that killer QB like a Peyton Manning. I really hope Chad comes back to the Jets one day filling the role Brunell has now or becoming our QB coach eventually leading to offensive coordinator.

I think both Palmer and Pennington are future coaches.

I'm not going to touch the rest because I don't think there's a huge difference in either QB...I wouldn't not trust Palmer in a playoff game...Pennington's only had 1 major run after his injuries and that was a good 6 years ago.

Anyone else noticing it? It's not that he's finished...like Pennington, you never stop rooting for guys like this...it's that injuries have killed what was once top of the line upside.

That said, like Pennington he remains a competent QB after the injuries. I hope the Bengals pull out the North...seriously...f*ck the Steelers and the Ravens...and I hope they do it with the easiest non-Jets QB to root for in the league (except for Matt Schaub).

When was pennington easy to root for? And when did he have top line upside?

did you watch the game, or just read the stat line 4 years later?

I remember that game very well actually. I haven't seen the statline in years...I remember the Pennington hype well too. It was, as every reaction to any sport is here, very extreme...As was the turn when the organization chose to pay him after he got hurt.

I remember that game very well actually. I haven't seen the statline in years...I remember the Pennington hype well too. It was, as every reaction to any sport is here, very extreme...As was the turn when the organization chose to pay him after he got hurt.

i spent a big chunk of 2002 wondering how this chicken sh*t noodle arm was having any success at all.. Oakland game made sense to me

i spent a big chunk of 2002 wondering how this chicken sh*t noodle arm was having any success at all.. Oakland game made sense to me

It kind of sounds like you're bitter. Chad would do that. Chad broke many hearts...the name alone...Chad...Chad the Quarterback...there should be a movie called The Chad Pennington Story....I'd give him the majority of 64 million if I could.

Personally, I remember the early days of Chad/Coles before they were forcibly split by their cruel, not very bright employer.

Other than the fact that they were drafted in the first round and suffered some injuries, I fail to really see the comparison. Pennington went to a small school (Marshall) and had a marquee receiver in Randy Moss, Palmer went to a big school (USC) where he was the man. Pennington is not a downfield thrower, Palmer is. Pennington took the reins of a franchise already turned around by Bill Parcells. Palmer came to the laughingstock of the league and turned them into a contender. Pennington became a backup QB whereas Palmer looks like he'll remain a starter in the league for at least 3-5 more years. Not much similarity there.

Other than the fact that they were drafted in the first round and suffered some injuries, I fail to really see the comparison.

Ignoring that that that is the comparison and it's a somewhat abstract one...Obviously two different men would have divergences in their career paths despite having the same career...still:

They were both talented young QBs with one really strong year on their arms when they got injured.

They were both first round pick QBs. Palmer was the best QB prospect of the last decade, but both had their flaws coming out of college.

Pennington could throw downfield. That's all he did at Marshall with Moss. Alot has been forgotten about Pennington...I've always felt that...poor rich f*ck that he is.

Anyway, I'm rooting for the Bengals to take the North with Palmer.

It kind of sounds like you're bitter. Chad would do that. Chad broke many hearts...the name alone...Chad...Chad the Quarterback...there should be a movie called The Chad Pennington Story....I'd give him the majority of 64 million if I could.

Personally, I remember the early days of Chad/Coles before they were forcibly split by their cruel, not very bright employer.

i'm bitter about the hours i spent trying to convince people that he's a road to nowhere.. I'm also bitter about the handcuffs he had around this franchise for eyars

i'm bitter about the hours i spent trying to convince people that he's a road to nowhere.. I'm also bitter about the handcuffs he had around this franchise for eyars

They put those handcuffs on themselves...handing him money after his injuries was dumb...I thought that the day it was done and I'll never not think that. I defend Chad, but he should not have gotten that contract. The Jets were still just in SOJ mode.

They put those handcuffs on themselves...handing him money after his injuries was dumb...I thought that the day it was done and I'll never not think that. I defend Chad, but he should not have gotten that contract. The Jets were still just in SOJ mode.

aye...

where were you 6 years ago when everyone thought I was a pats fan for saying that. That contract started my message board posting career over at scout.. 30k+ posts and 100's of hours later on 3 boards... there's another reason to be bitter ;)

aye...

where were you 6 years ago when everyone thought I was a pats fan for saying that. That contract started my message board posting career over at scout.. 30k+ posts and 100's of hours later on 3 boards... there's another reason to be bitter ;)

I wasn't posting on football message boards yet. I was fighting the good fight for statistical analysis in baseball.

That Pennington contract ruined any chance of fans having any kind of positive emotion for the guy ever again. I guess who gives a f*ck anyway...the organization took care of him and he's got enough money and brains to not give two sh*ts about an eternally angry mob.

Archived