Just thinking on the Breylon arrest.....

lancemehl

It's not murder or rape or assault this time.

But what if Braylon is told, no problem, because your an athlete, you can do what you want? So, he gets in the car again next weekend when he's drunk, and this time, he slams his truck into a minivan killing a family of 5. I assume you'd probably arrest him then... Unless of course it's a playoff game.

That's ridiculous. You obviously have to at least bench him then, even for a playoff game.

The Super Bowl? Well that's a different story, there are millions of people watching!

seriously? lol that's ur rebuttal? well, you got me good! lmao

and....um....oh....yeah...well, ur stupid!

Yes, that is my rebuttal. And even a one-liner like that is stronger than your "lol" and "lmao" responses in this thread. Spell our players' names right, use some decent grammar (it doesn't have to be perfect), and you could go far, kid.

The system has dictated that drunk driving is more dangerous than speeding, so you would probably not get let off with a warning for blowing a .10. It's also against the law to jaywalk. But police use their discretion. There's no discretion involved in letting Braylon get away with a crime because he's a pro athlete, as you advocate.

And yes, I am saying that driving 10 mph over the limit, while completely sober, is significantly safer than driving at a .10. One includes inhibited reaction time, the other does not. Simple as that.

And to your last point, we probably shouldn't arrest child molesters either, because, regardless of what you do, statistics show that rehabilitation is nearly impossible. Can't fix them, might as well let them go, right?

so where do we draw the line with violations that are too dangerous to get away with a warning? this sounds like a biased opinion. I would even disagree. BrAylon was following the rules of the road. Officer brownnose had really no reaon to even stop him...no wait..tint endangers lives, too. Watch this video and tell me that speeding is an

offense that is forgivable.

SPEEDING KILLS

SO, how safe is speeding? and at what speed do we invoke the "no tolerance" rule? tell these peoples' families that speeding is not that serious. And make sure you let them know that you are the authority on what crimes receive what punishment. (ridiculous)

Yes, that is my rebuttal. And even a one-liner like that is stronger than your "lol" and "lmao" responses in this thread. Spell our players' names right, use some decent grammar (it doesn't have to be perfect), and you could go far, kid.

My grammar is fine, kid, and if you haven't noticed, I've said plenty before and after I burst into laughter over these ridiculous statements. Stop worrying about stupid things and get your head in the game. the question now is: Is speeding not as serious as drinkg and driving and I have a video for you to watch...actually, you just stay on spelling watch...kid

OH, there should be a question mark somewhere up there.

There is an old school of thought that says it is improper to start a sentence with "and." I, like you, disagree. And, by the way, are we using the American style of punctuation, where the period above is placed within the quotations or the British style, which I tend to favor, where it is placed outside the quotes. I just want to be sure I conform.

so where do we draw the line with violations that are too dangerous to get away with a warning? this sounds like a biased opinion. I would even disagree. BrAylon was following the rules of the road. Officer brownnose had really no reaon to even stop him...no wait..tint endangers lives, too. Watch this video and tell me that speeding is an

offense that is forgivable.

SPEEDING KILLS

SO, how safe is speeding? and at what speed do we invoke the "no tolerance" rule? tell these peoples' families that speeding is not that serious. And make sure you let them know that you are the authority on what crimes receive what punishment. (ridiculous)

It's my understanding that 'the rules of the road' do not allow for drunk driving. Do we need a refresher course in the rules?

25 mph over the limit usually comes with no tolerance as that is reckless endangerment. And nowhere am I arguing that speeding is safe. Simply that driving impaired is more dangerous than driving 10 mph over the limit. I don't need to bother watching the video, because I get that your going to show me speeding accidents, I believe they exist.

It's my understanding that 'the rules of the road' do not allow for drunk driving. Do we need a refresher course in the rules?

25 mph over the limit usually comes with no tolerance as that is reckless endangerment. And nowhere am I arguing that speeding is safe. Simply that driving impaired is more dangerous than driving 10 mph over the limit. I don't need to bother watching the video, because I get that your going to show me speeding accidents, I believe they exist.

Ok and I am saying that driving 10 mph over the speed limit is more dangerous than being .01 over the legal BAC. Of course we are talking about who it is. The danger in driving drunk is that you WILL break the laws of the road (ie. speeding, illegal merge...etc) BrAylon was not breaking these rules; the speeder is. The most danger BrAylon was displaying was that the (oink,oink) couldn't see what "drug dealer" was driving.

We can debate that all day long. They are BOTH dangerous. They both lead to death. They both can be alleviated with a warning, a towed vehicle, and a metro card.

Arresting the "perp" does NOTHING to further guarantee safety. So, again I say, if BrAylon gets no warning, then YOU get no warning for speeding....10mph over or 50mph over.

LOL

Jetfan80, you still there?

Hello? Jet fan80? Nothing like the last word.

*and by that I don't mean a comment about how this topic is getting old and not worth arguing over anymore, because that's what my LOL's indicated earlier when we INSISTED on beating it. Also not a general statement about how idiotic I am or what a crappy poster I've been since 06. No spelling and grammar corrections. I mean furthering the discussion on the topic, which ended at 4:16pm with my reply to EY and the Supporters of the NYPD.

He could have parked the Range Rover and took the keys and called them a cab. I agree theres many NOT ALL who are on power trips. Imagine he must have said himself,look at my resume after this arrest.

IN 1986, may be that flies. And truth be told, as long as you were a gentleman, didn't matter if you were a celebrity or a regular guy, as long as there was no accident and no one was hurt.

In 2010 Facebook/Twitter/cell phone camera world on the West Side Highway dotted with surveillance cameras, and with NYPD watching cops like hawks for nay hint of impropriety, it doesn't fly.

A cop making $75,000 is not going to risk his job in this economy and his pension on a football player he has never met and doesn't know. And probably not anyone else either.

EY? no..

The largest issue of drunk driving is that it significantly impairs your reaction time. You've taken a position that ignores facts, including that one, and that drunk driving actually is against the rules of the road, so debating with you is unnecessary. In order to 'win' the argument, I'd need to beat you at your own game, which includes ignoring reality and making things up to support my point. I don't have the time.

No reason to respond with LOL. I already know you're laughing. So am I.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the cop being a dick and pulling him over for overly-tinted windows and DWB.

But now I realize its another homer who is making everyone else to blame and minimizing the incident because he wears green and white.

Sigh.

Actually, to a cop, the overly tinted windows is deadly serious business. When a cop is walking up to a car at 5 am he really would like to know what is going on inside.

Just saying

For somebody Braylon's weight he would have to have between 9 and 10 drinks in an hour to blow a .16. The average bac drops .01 every 40 minutes. So... If he was partying for 4 hours he would have had to have between 12 and 13 drinks to blow a .16.

Yeah... The cops were wrong on this one LanceMehl!

Archived