Just thinking on the Breylon arrest.....

lancemehl

I'll probably get ripped for this, but... what an a$$hole that cop is, huh? The punk takes his job that seriously? Fine, get them off the road, tow the car, even shake him down for some cash, but damn..he really has to take a NY Jet to jail IN NY in the middle of the season.

I don't care. That's one dude that's not sitting with me at lunch time! lol fairy! lol

I'll probably get ripped for this, but... what an a$$hole that cop is, huh? The punk takes his job that seriously? Fine, get them off the road, tow the car, even shake him down for some cash, but damn..he really has to take a NY Jet to jail IN NY in the middle of the season.

I don't care. That's one dude that's not sitting with me at lunch time! lol fairy! lol

He could have parked the Range Rover and took the keys and called them a cab. I agree theres many NOT ALL who are on power trips. Imagine he must have said himself,look at my resume after this arrest.

.....riiiiiiiight.

Yeah, I think I'd rather it happen the way it did. Enough cops shaking down people instead of doing their actual jobs. Enough cops treating people unequally. This was a good job, and quite frankly as much as I want him to help us win.... this is an idiot that is dangerous not only to himself but to others. Not just that night, he is a persistent danger. That is how stupid he is. Good job, cop.

Thanks anyway.

.....riiiiiiiight.

Yeah, I think I'd rather it happen the way it did. Enough cops shaking down people instead of doing their actual jobs. Enough cops treating people unequally. This was a good job, and quite frankly as much as I want him to help us win.... this is an idiot that is dangerous not only to himself but to others. Not just that night, he is a persistent danger. That is how stupid he is. Good job, cop.

Thanks anyway.

Same wonderful sense of humor I remember here on Jets nation. lol I'm not saying he should've shook him down!! Jeez it was a joke, BUT...BUT cops have the option to tell him to just get a ******* cab. It happens all the time! He's off the road. and it's root root root for the home team. He could have given him the "If I catch you again......" or "Remember how lucky you were...." or "this could've been your a$$" come on, guys. seriously!

That cop was either: 1. A fairy who played with dolls as a kid and thinks sports are dumb 2. A dolphin fan 3. A punk hall monitor type who was trying to shine his nose. And I bet the sergeant thinks he's a prick.

seriously, letting Breylon catch a cab home and towing his car would not have jeopardized humanity!! Please. And as far as athletes getting a break....YES, in the middle of football season in their home town, star player...YES they get a break sometimes. It's the American way.

the officer doesn't know who will find out he let edwards off, and has a career to protect afterall

I'm sure he doesn't want to wind up explaining why a famous athlete got special treatment

in the long run, this will be good for B and even the jets

this romper room crap has got to stop

Same wonderful sense of humor I remember here on Jets nation. lol I'm not saying he should've shook him down!! Jeez it was a joke, BUT...BUT cops have the option to tell him to just get a ******* cab. It happens all the time! He's off the road. and it's root root root for the home team. He could have given him the "If I catch you again......" or "Remember how lucky you were...." or "this could've been your a$$" come on, guys. seriously!

That cop was either: 1. A fairy who played with dolls as a kid and thinks sports are dumb 2. A dolphin fan 3. A punk hall monitor type who was trying to shine his nose. And I bet the sergeant thinks he's a prick.

seriously, letting Breylon catch a cab home and towing his car would not have jeopardized humanity!! Please. And as far as athletes getting a break....YES, in the middle of football season in their home town, star player...YES they get a break sometimes. It's the American way.

You think Stallworth ever got a "break"? If so, there's a life lost because of it. I don't care one bit if you drink till your wasted, pay for sex, use whatever kind of drugs you want, but as soon as you start risking the lives of INNOCENT people then all bets are off. Mind you, he hit DOUBLE the legal limit. There's not a gray area here.

Has an officer ever let you go for speeding? speeding endangers lives. Officers can make that call. It happens ALL the time. If they let ONE person off, it is the same as letting an athlete off....and it happens all the time. So, if an officer pulls over my uncle mike for being smashed and tows his car but lets him walk away, we probably aren't ripping that officer, because he got mike off the road. Now add to that equation the fact that millions of people in that very town cheer for this guy to bring them a little happiness on Sunday after a sh*t week at work, most likely some of them are working right alongside that guy. In that case we vilify him??? lmao that's ridiculous.

The next time you are stopped for speeding(anyone) don't hope to get let off with a warning, because that means the officer is ALLOWING you to continue speeding and speeding endangers all of us.

Athletes should definitely be treated as if they are above the law.

Not exactly...but if it is a situation where the officer can choose to let him get away with a hefty fine and a towed vehicle and a scared straight routine and everybody walks away safe and secure and it's not the SECOND time and it is during the season and they guy is vital to the home team's success.......yes, they should be.

This isn't murder or rape or assault. This is stopping him at the gun store and saying, "You don't wanna do this, Breylon." If coming this close to shaming himself and his team doesn't straighten him out, then doing it wont either.

It's like the high school football star in a small town with a population of 1000 getting busted, they usually don't ruin the kid's life by hauling him in, not the first time. He probably gets off with a warning and some community service and sh*t. Is it right? I don't know, but it is the way it is.

I used to live in DC and the first time I got pulled over for a traffic violation the cops just yelled bloody murder at me for 10 minutes and then let me go, prolly too lazy to do the paper work. Honestly, when they were yelling at me I was scared. But after it was over and I got away with a verbal warning I didn't give a crap about DC cops again and the next time it happened I just sat there waiting for the drama to end so I could go on my merry way. I think the whole Andy Griffith routine works better on tv, people need real consequences or they don't give a crap.

we offer all types of authentic jerseys,you can find every popular jerseys,new arrivals,M%N jerseys,custom jerseys here,such as Arian Foster #23 jersey,$25.99 per piece and free shipping ,we accept paypal,Just return the jerseys and get you refond if don't satisfied with our quality.shipping takes 5-7 days

http://www.canada-jerseys.com/

??? Blatantly, huh? lol

You think Stallworth ever got a "break"? If so, there's a life lost because of it. I don't care one bit if you drink till your wasted, pay for sex, use whatever kind of drugs you want, but as soon as you start risking the lives of INNOCENT people then all bets are off. Mind you, he hit DOUBLE the legal limit. There's not a gray area here.

That's way off base. There is nothing that indicates that a dui arrest stops the person from doing it again. In fact the statistics show that many in fact do repeat. You could say that by arresting him and showing him that it really is no big deal, which is what this may turn out to be for him, will embolden him the next time, rather than imagining the worst in his head. Whatever he thought MAY have happened is definitely worse than what WILL happen.

Stallworth's case and Breylon Edwards case have nothing to do with each other. One DUI doesn't guarantee a person stops drinking and driving. If you have ever been let off on a ticket than you are in the same category, and it always happens. This was a punk move by a punk. He knew exactly what he was doing. He didn't save any more lives by bringing him in.

I used to live in DC and the first time I got pulled over for a traffic violation the cops just yelled bloody murder at me for 10 minutes and then let me go, prolly too lazy to do the paper work. Honestly, when they were yelling at me I was scared. But after it was over and I got away with a verbal warning I didn't give a crap about DC cops again and the next time it happened I just sat there waiting for the drama to end so I could go on my merry way. I think the whole Andy Griffith routine works better on tv, people need real consequences or they don't give a crap.

What's the "Andy Griffith routine"? Did Andy let people go on DUI's? Actually, in Andy Griffith's time, everybody drove with a drink between their legs, but that's another story.

And when you finally DID get a traffic violation, did it stop you from breaking any rules of the road? Did you become a 2-10 o'clock guy? Has that ever happened before?

Not exactly...but if it is a situation where the officer can choose to let him get away with a hefty fine and a towed vehicle and a scared straight routine and everybody walks away safe and secure and it's not the SECOND time and it is during the season and they guy is vital to the home team's success.......yes, they should be.

This isn't murder or rape or assault. This is stopping him at the gun store and saying, "You don't wanna do this, Breylon." If coming this close to shaming himself and his team doesn't straighten him out, then doing it wont either.

It's like the high school football star in a small town with a population of 1000 getting busted, they usually don't ruin the kid's life by hauling him in, not the first time. He probably gets off with a warning and some community service and sh*t. Is it right? I don't know, but it is the way it is.

It's not murder or rape or assault this time.

But what if Braylon is told, no problem, because your an athlete, you can do what you want? So, he gets in the car again next weekend when he's drunk, and this time, he slams his truck into a minivan killing a family of 5. I assume you'd probably arrest him then... Unless of course it's a playoff game.

Has an officer ever let you go for speeding? speeding endangers lives. Officers can make that call. It happens ALL the time. If they let ONE person off, it is the same as letting an athlete off....and it happens all the time. So, if an officer pulls over my uncle mike for being smashed and tows his car but lets him walk away, we probably aren't ripping that officer, because he got mike off the road. Now add to that equation the fact that millions of people in that very town cheer for this guy to bring them a little happiness on Sunday after a sh*t week at work, most likely some of them are working right alongside that guy. In that case we vilify him??? lmao that's ridiculous.

The next time you are stopped for speeding(anyone) don't hope to get let off with a warning, because that means the officer is ALLOWING you to continue speeding and speeding endangers all of us.

Braylon blew a .16 which is double the legal limit. To make your analogy correct, you'd need to be driving at 110 in a 55. In which case, you'd be charged with reckless endangerment and lose your license.

It's not murder or rape or assault this time.

But what if Braylon is told, no problem, because your an athlete, you can do what you want? So, he gets in the car again next weekend when he's drunk, and this time, he slams his truck into a minivan killing a family of 5. I assume you'd probably arrest him then... Unless of course it's a playoff game.

lmao...right

lmao...right

lance... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me this is just one big sarcastic joke. I'm not one to lobby insults or get into internet pissing matches, but everything in here reeks of homerism and the whole "he's famous so look the other way with a slap on the wrist" vibe. What part of he blew a .16 don't you get? That's someone that should be on the road operating a 1 ton piece of metal? Open a newspaper or go on any news publication website... some innocent schmo heading home minding his own business and gets run down by some liquored up d!ckhead shouldn't be taken seriously I guess? Or is it only to be taken seriously after said incident occurs? Man some people (the apologists) need a grip on reality.

If you are blowing double the legal limit, you should be arrested. However, he was not pulled over for driving iratically, he was stopped because the tint was too dark on the windows of his vehicle. The DUI was just dumb luck on the part of the cop, aided by the stupidity of Breylon.

The cop has integrity and gets criticized...wow.

in·teg·ri·ty   /ɪnˈtɛgrɪti/ Show Spelled

[in-teg-ri-tee] Show IPA

–noun

1. adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

2. the state of being whole, entire, or undiminished: to preserve the integrity of the empire.

3. a sound, unimpaired, or perfect condition: the integrity of a ship's hull.

Use integrity in a Sentence

See images of integrity

Search integrity on the Web

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:

1400–50; late ME integrite < L integritās. See integer, -ity

—Synonyms

1. rectitude, probity, virtue. See honor.

—Antonyms

1. dishonesty.

I guess it's my own fault for thinking a POV this idiotic could be backed up by anything more than 'lol' dismissals.

No, sir. the lol meant that since I answered your posts earlier and you just continue the same argument that I give up.

As i said , though, don't expect to be let off on a speeding ticket and to make the analogy fair (which is what drew the laughter, because you are saying that a guy who blows a .10 is only as dangerous as a leadfoot doing 75, while a .16 is equal to 110, that was the laughing, actually) how fast would you need to be going to get let go with a warning?

and, are you saying that if he had blown a .10, he would have been eligible for a dismissal? Because if you expect to get off with a warning on a speeding ticket doing, let's say 75, than you are saying that had Breylon blown a .10 he should be let off with a warning as well.

Do you see now why the laughing?

I didn't want to continue this, but since you must.........

Final answer if that wasn't clear: If Breylon had blown a .10, should he have been let go with a warning? If you say NO, then to expect a warning when doing 10 miles per hour over the speed limit is hypocritical, and to say YES....well now you are on a slippery slope as we are going to determine how drunk is too drunk.

or are you saying that drunk driving kills, but speeding is fine? LOL (and my POV is idiotic)

I do feel much better, though, because now we are guaranteed that he will NEVER do that again, because he was arrested, right? If he had been let go, he would have done it again. Statistics back that up, right? He will absolutely NEVER drink and drive again, now. Well, that's a good thing.

If you are blowing double the legal limit, you should be arrested. However, he was not pulled over for driving iratically, he was stopped because the tint was too dark on the windows of his vehicle. The DUI was just dumb luck on the part of the cop, aided by the stupidity of Breylon.

I don't think anyone would argue that driving drunk is wrong. I also don't think there are many of us who do drink, that have not done it before either. We always feel we are ok to drive. It's obtaining the maturity, which usually occurs later in life, that no, I am buzzed, need to get a cab.

I bought a kid car, all souped up because my 13 year old son thought it was sweet. Was a good little car and great on gas. But, because it had tinted windows and the lights were illegal I got pulled over constantly. Now, I shoot pool on Wednesday nights and having any amount of drinks and driving that car was stupid, because it's almost a guarantee pull over after midnight. After about a year that car was gone.

This isn't back in the day anymore when you could drive with a 12 pack in the car and the cops would just follow you home to make sure you got home safe. If they let you go and you hurt yourself or someone else, it's a lawsuit and the cops job is gone. Yeah, they can be real dicks at times, but speeding is a little different than driving drunk. As they say, you do the crime, you do the time.

People need to understand that there are consequences to their actions. Hey, .16 and he may really have been functional and fine, but he was over the limit and he got nailed. Suffer the consequences.

I don't think anyone would argue that driving drunk is wrong. I also don't think there are many of us who do drink, that have not done it before either. We always feel we are ok to drive. It's obtaining the maturity, which usually occurs later in life, that no, I am buzzed, need to get a cab.

I bought a kid car, all souped up because my 13 year old son thought it was sweet. Was a good little car and great on gas. But, because it had tinted windows and the lights were illegal I got pulled over constantly. Now, I shoot pool on Wednesday nights and having any amount of drinks and driving that car was stupid, because it's almost a guarantee pull over after midnight. After about a year that car was gone.

This isn't back in the day anymore when you could drive with a 12 pack in the car and the cops would just follow you home to make sure you got home safe. If they let you go and you hurt yourself or someone else, it's a lawsuit and the cops job is gone. Yeah, they can be real dicks at times, but speeding is a little different than driving drunk. As they say, you do the crime, you do the time.

People need to understand that there are consequences to their actions. Hey, .16 and he may really have been functional and fine, but he was over the limit and he got nailed. Suffer the consequences.

I do not disagree with anything you have said, with one exception, I would not call a range Rover a kid car. At the end of the day, he makes enough money to pay for a cab and the Jets have a car service, so there was no reason for this to happen at all. Just plain stupid.

I do not disagree with anything you have said, with one exception, I would not call a range Rover a kid car. At the end of the day, he makes enough money to pay for a cab and the Jets have a car service, so there was no reason for this to happen at all. Just plain stupid.

I wasn't insinuating that a Range Rover is a kid car at all. More so that when you drive cars that have illegal attributes to them, the cops have a built in excuse to pull you over. Tinted windows are an easy excuse and cops pull them over often. So, don't be drinking, or smoking pot or snorting lines or carrying a gun while in that type of car.

The man made a stupid mistake. Unfortunately, it appears to becoming a pattern with this player. Patterns are scary. If this had happened to LT <ours, not the crack addict hooker visiting one> or to Brad Smith, players who have not had issues in the past, it wouldn't be such a big deal.

No, sir. the lol meant that since I answered your posts earlier and you just continue the same argument that I give up.

As i said , though, don't expect to be let off on a speeding ticket and to make the analogy fair (which is what drew the laughter, because you are saying that a guy who blows a .10 is only as dangerous as a leadfoot doing 75, while a .16 is equal to 110, that was the laughing, actually) how fast would you need to be going to get let go with a warning?

and, are you saying that if he had blown a .10, he would have been eligible for a dismissal? Because if you expect to get off with a warning on a speeding ticket doing, let's say 75, than you are saying that had Breylon blown a .10 he should be let off with a warning as well.

Do you see now why the laughing?

I didn't want to continue this, but since you must.........

Final answer if that wasn't clear: If Breylon had blown a .10, should he have been let go with a warning? If you say NO, then to expect a warning when doing 10 miles per hour over the speed limit is hypocritical, and to say YES....well now you are on a slippery slope as we are going to determine how drunk is too drunk.

or are you saying that drunk driving kills, but speeding is fine? LOL (and my POV is idiotic)

I do feel much better, though, because now we are guaranteed that he will NEVER do that again, because he was arrested, right? If he had been let go, he would have done it again. Statistics back that up, right? He will absolutely NEVER drink and drive again, now. Well, that's a good thing.

The system has dictated that drunk driving is more dangerous than speeding, so you would probably not get let off with a warning for blowing a .10. It's also against the law to jaywalk. But police use their discretion. There's no discretion involved in letting Braylon get away with a crime because he's a pro athlete, as you advocate.

And yes, I am saying that driving 10 mph over the limit, while completely sober, is significantly safer than driving at a .10. One includes inhibited reaction time, the other does not. Simple as that.

And to your last point, we probably shouldn't arrest child molesters either, because, regardless of what you do, statistics show that rehabilitation is nearly impossible. Can't fix them, might as well let them go, right?

Archived