Rams grab Chauncey Washington from Jets

slats

I never said you said it, read what you bolded again!

He's been here 2 years, the coaches feel they gave him enough time, he's gone!

Rex says allot of sh*t, how's what he told Coles working out?

Clowny's probably the next guy to go!

When it comes to special teams Westy's in charge, who do you think he wanted to keep?

It's going to take more than 1 TE to replace Keller, I guess they liked all 3 over Chauncey considering what they brought, and how easily they could be replaced.

This is becoming a lot of he said, he said. Never said you said that i said....anyways that's beside the point.

IIRC Chauncey was signed mid December of 2009. How does it make 2 years ?

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

McKnight sucks. He will not make it in this league and we are holding on to him for pride reasons.

Bummer!!!

Chauncey was a very good insurance policy just in case out RB depth was reduced at the top. Now that insurance is gone!

Joe McKnight better be good!!!

He is costing us some real talent while he ...becomes better.

I also do not know the wisdom of having 4 TE's on the roster or that WR from Miami?

Understand your point but please tell me who comes in when Greene or LT goes down because McKnight did not seem at all ready while CW looked like you could plug him right in and go.

Maybe the problem is that CW should have been the 3rd RB not the 4th. F*CK MCNIGHT!!!!

The guy has been a bum since he left High School. This has nothing to do with one bad preseason. The reports on the guy were 1st round talent, but his work ethic that wont keep him in the league. Ironically, he came into camp out of shape. Go figure. Tell me what he's done to prove those scouting reports wrong?

He's not cut out for the NFL. I knew this about him in college, and its apparent now. He's a player who has survived on talent who never lived up to his full potential because he wasnt committed enough to working hard to become great.

Joe McKnight will never make it in the NFL and it has nothing to do with what he did in the preseason.

How is that relevant?

No one is talking about a cut McKnight sigh Washington situation.

Are you joking? Check the above. This is a 4 page thread and I didn't stopped before I was done with the 2nd because this post was getting too long and Max's upgrade doesn't work for multiquote despite the button.

It is all irrelevant because one guy, Patrick Turner or Clowney will be gone when Holmes comes back.

Are you joking? Check the above. This is a 4 page thread and I didn't stopped before I was done with the 2nd because this post was getting too long and Max's upgrade doesn't work for multiquote despite the button.

It is all irrelevant because one guy, Patrick Turner or Clowney will be gone when Holmes comes back.

I cannot speak for others.

But my posts do not say cut McKnight. Please read them again!

This is becoming a lot of he said, he said. Never said you said that i said....anyways that's beside the point.

IIRC Chauncey was signed mid December of 2009. How does it make 2 years ?

Dude you said you did not say McKnight, in response to a post where I said "McKnight or someone else."

You figure it out.

OK so 1 year here, and the same thing happened that happened in Dallas.

Obviously he did not show enough for the Jets to keep him, time to move on.

If you read the entire post and did not cherry pick you can see why its irrelevant.

B/c it's a comparison of Chauncey to McKnight.

And we have been through on where we stand on McKnight being cut or not!

Are you serious?

So Chauncey Washington's stats are not relevant to Chauncey Washington? :huh:

Really???

Dude you said you did not say McKnight, in response to a post where I said "McKnight or someone else."

You figure it out.

Not relevant to me. So moving on.

OK so 1 year here, and the same thing happened that happened in Dallas.

Obviously he did not show enough for the Jets to keep him, time to move on.

Not focused on what happened at Dallas. 'Cause i did not follow that.

But he did enough with us this training camp to deserve a roster spot!

It sucks that we keep losing players that are much better than Joe McKnight, simply because of what we paid to get him.

But, come on, it's Chauncey Washington. Losing Woodhead will hurt us more than losing Chauncey ever will, and not just because Danny signed with New England.

I cannot speak for others.

But my posts do not say cut McKnight. Please read them again!

No offense, but I'm arguing with others in my reply to your post. Like I said, the multiquote doesn't work for me and I can't be bothered to go through everything I disagree with. Besides, if you want to know what the team will do if Greene can't go and LT can't carry the load, the ansswer is Joe McKnight. The team simply does not need 4 RBs, 2 FBs plus Brad Smith. They ran several games during the stretch run last year with only Greene, Jones and Richardson. They had Woodhead, but he didn't play RB much at all and I believe he was inactive several games. Whoever you wanted them to cut for Washington is cut when Holmes gets back, so we would have lost him next week anyway.

Not relevant to me. So moving on.

So you were not proposing keeping him and cutting "someone else" now right! :blink:

Not focused on what happened at Dallas. 'Cause i did not follow that.

Of course not!

You also ignore the fact that 3.7 ypc and a huge fumble against 4th stringers is garabage!

But he did enough with us this training camp to deserve a roster spot!

The New York Jets obviously do not agree.

Successful? The stiff averaged 3.7 ypc against 4th stringers. He also fumbled. He sucked. You got excited about one game against the Eagles when they were playing no starters. Zero. Maybe he'll be a decent back, but McKnight played on the same team in college and averaged more ypc the same season and put up more ypc and more yards in his senior year than Washington did. Washington has 9 yards on 4 NFL carries. He's not indispensible. Get over it. Derrick Ward. Danny Ware. You can't get upset because your team had quality on the practice squad.

Are you serious?

So Chauncey Washington's stats are not relevant to Chauncey Washington? :huh:

Really???

Huh ?

Read the entire post please.

Most of it is comparison of what McKnight did as compared to Washington at USC!

How is that relevant ?

Question is who can contribute now in the NFL!

Huh ?

How is that relevant ?

You re-read it!

The stiff averaged 3.7 ypc against 4th stringers. He also fumbled. He sucked. You got excited about one game against the Eagles when they were playing no starters. Zero.

This is talking about him in pre-season!

How are his own stats not relevant to him? :huh:

The Jets don't feel Chauncey's hypothetical contributions are worth keeping!

Huh ?

How is that relevant ?

If McKnight averaged .7 more ypc at Southern Cal in 2007, why should he do worse now? Because Washington has 6 carries in the NFL? McKnight can contribute as much as Washington and has a huge amount of upside by comparison. Fact is they will both probably suck if called on for extended use. They both sucked this preaseaon and they both fumbled. The difference is that one guy is a rookie and the other guy is in his third season and 2nd in the system

So you were not proposing keeping him and cutting "someone else" now right! :blink:

LOL...you are following the troll script to perfection. Good work. :rolleyes:

For the record. I did not say cut McKnight. I do not care whether you said that i said that we should cut him!

Clear ? :rolleyes:

Of course not!

You also ignore the fact that 3.7 ypc and a huge fumble against 4th stringers is garabage!

The New York Jets obviously do not agree.

Here is the breakup of our entire rushing game in the pre-season games he played.

Game 2 against Carolina:

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG

J. McKnight 11 28 0 6

L. Tomlinson 3 26 0 20

C. Washington 8 19 0 7

D. Woodhead 4 12 0 6

S. Greene 6 10 0 8

J. Conner 1 2 0 2

K. O'Connell 1 -1 0 -1

Game 4 : Against Phildelphia

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG

C. Washington 12 56 0 22

D. Woodhead 12 45 1 14

J. McKnight 9 34 0 11

K. Clemens 2 18 0 16

D. Clowney 1 11 0 11

J. Conner 3 11 0 5

We should have cut that guy Shonne Greene only 10 yards for 6 carries. Get him outta here!!!

If McKnight averaged .7 more ypc at Southern Cal in 2007, why should he do worse now? Because Washington has 6 carries in the NFL? McKnight can contribute as much as Washington and has a huge amount of upside by comparison. Fact is they will both probably suck if called on for extended use. They both sucked this preaseaon and they both fumbled. The difference is that one guy is a rookie and the other guy is in his third season and 2nd in the system

So you would play McKnight is the need arose now?

If the coaching staff valued Washington in any way, he would have been on the active roster. If he was so wonderful, some would have jumped all over him before week four. He is a JAG.

Not saying he is a hall of famer. Call him JAG.

But he would have been plugged instantly if the need arose till McKnight is ready to take over.

And RB is a position where you cannot have enough depth.

LOL...you are following the troll script to perfection. Good work. :rolleyes:

For the record. I did not say cut McKnight. I do not care whether you said that i said that we should cut him!

Clear ? :rolleyes:

Here is the breakup of our entire rushing game in the pre-season games he played.

Game 2 against Carolina:

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG

J. McKnight 11 28 0 6

L. Tomlinson 3 26 0 20

C. Washington 8 19 0 7

D. Woodhead 4 12 0 6

S. Greene 6 10 0 8

J. Conner 1 2 0 2

K. O'Connell 1 -1 0 -1

Game 4 : Against Phildelphia

Rushing ATT YDS TD LG

C. Washington 12 56 0 22

D. Woodhead 12 45 1 14

J. McKnight 9 34 0 11

K. Clemens 2 18 0 16

D. Clowney 1 11 0 11

J. Conner 3 11 0 5

We should have cut that guy Shonne Greene only 10 yards for 6 carries. Get him outta here!!!

You respond like this and claim I have the troll script. :lol:

Its the RB position. If you look at the injuries that's one of the worse if not the worst position for injuries in the NFL.

It's also a position where trash is routinely picked up off the scrap heap and can contribute the next week. Washington may be able to gain a few yards for the Rams, but whatever stiff we need to pickup if Greene and Tomlinson go down can probably do a fine job backing up McKnight.

That was the big mistake!

Right now everyone feels McKnight has the upside. But everyone knows he cannot contribute to the team now. Not in a positive way!

The Rams had a choice to sign any RB on any PS to their active squad. They chose Chauncey!

That tells you something of what was the best available talent out there!

Maybe they just took the available best RB they saw on Hard Knocks.

Like to the point with facts ? When did that become part of the troll script ? :)

You can't be serious!

Yeah replying to posts saying you never said something, nobody ever said you said and saying they should have cut Greene like he never did nothing else here besides the pre-season, really helps your case for either. :blink:

It's also a position where trash is routinely picked up off the scrap heap and can contribute the next week. Washington may be able to gain a few yards for the Rams, but whatever stiff we need to pickup if Greene and Tomlinson go down can probably do a fine job backing up McKnight.

God forbid they have to take someone off a practice squad, how much worse will he be than Chauncey Washington? :rolleyes:

How do you even know that ?

How do you know a RB can grasp zone blocking schemes that JETS usually employ and play immediately ?

Yeah replying to posts saying you never said something, nobody ever said you said

I got it that you never said that I said that we should cut McKnight.

The fact that you cannot let go of that. That's the troll script! Or you just a ole ole man!! :P

and saying they should have cut Greene like he never did nothing else here besides the pre-season, really helps your case for either. :blink:

shhhh, that was sarcasm!!!

How do you even know that ?

How do you know a RB can grasp zone blocking schemes that JETS usually employ and play immediately ?

Ask the Rams, they took Chauncey. :rolleyes:

I know it was all a miscalculation, there's no way the Jets CS could actually think they could find someone anywhere near as good as him, if the need arises.

Archived