Rams grab Chauncey Washington from Jets

slats

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 28, 2010 11:48 AM ETThe Jets' selection of Joe McKnight continues to pay dividends.

Two days after watching Leon Washington return two kicks for touchdowns, the Jets learned that running back Chauncey Washington was signed off their practice squad to St. Louis' active roster. Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has the news.

Washington clearly outplayed McKnight in training camp and originally appeared to make the Jets roster. But the team later cut Washington and placed him on the team's practice squad.

Perhaps Washington's Hard Knocks publicity helped get him a job.

(Oh, and we can put the Larry Johnson-to-St. Louis rumors to rest now.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/28/rams-grab-chauncey-washington-from-jets/

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on September 28, 2010 11:48 AM ETThe Jets' selection of Joe McKnight continues to pay dividends.

Two days after watching Leon Washington return two kicks for touchdowns, the Jets learned that running back Chauncey Washington was signed off their practice squad to St. Louis' active roster. Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch has the news.

Washington clearly outplayed McKnight in training camp and originally appeared to make the Jets roster. But the team later cut Washington and placed him on the team's practice squad.

Perhaps Washington's Hard Knocks publicity helped get him a job.

(Oh, and we can put the Larry Johnson-to-St. Louis rumors to rest now.)

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/28/rams-grab-chauncey-washington-from-jets/

This sucks!!!!!

I have a feeling he's going to flourish there, for a while anyway.

We've let allot of decent to good running backs go recently, Ward was good for the giants for a while, and then he fluttered away.

Chauncey Washington maybe similar, he may actually stick around longer too.

I really hope McKnight gets his act together here, and ends up contributing next year, but he has a long way to go.

Everybody relax. This stuff happens to all teams all the time.

We are carrying 4 TEs because the Jets want Mulligan and Cumberland to be contributors next year. They'd rather protect them than Chauncy Washington. He is replaceable.

ridiculous. how many ******* tight ends do we need? keller is a great tight end and he's young. washington was clearly better than mcknight. this one pisses me off

CW did look like a great fall back option to have in case of injury.

He looked quick, decisive and powerful in pre season much like Greene.

Is there anyone else besides McKnight in case of injury??

This is a move by Rex and Mike I dont understand.

Why not keep CW on the active roster and dump some other scrub like that crummy wideout from Miami???

ridiculous. how many ******* tight ends do we need? keller is a great tight end and he's young. washington was clearly better than mcknight. this one pisses me off

Agreed. And I dont know if anyone noticed, but Keller has learned how to block.

McKnight sucks. He will not make it in this league and we are holding on to him for pride reasons.

Why not keep CW on the active roster and dump some other scrub like that crummy wideout from Miami???

Every Wideout we have other than Cotchery is a Free Agent or Restricted Free agent this year (depending on CBA). Having a developmental guy around isn't a bad idea.

In one breathe you complain about our depth at 4th RB, but then you say we don't need depth at TE or WR?

Every Wideout we have other than Cotchery is a Free Agent or Restricted Free agent this year (depending on CBA). Having a developmental guy around isn't a bad idea.

In one breathe you complain about our depth at 4th RB, but then you say we don't need depth at TE or WR?

Understand your point but please tell me who comes in when Greene or LT goes down because McKnight did not seem at all ready while CW looked like you could plug him right in and go.

Understand your point but please tell me who comes in when Greene or LT goes down because McKnight did not seem at all ready while CW looked like you could plug him right in and go.

Check most NFL teams, who is their 3rd and 4th RBs? Either no one you have heard of or a washed up vet. If an injury happens, we do the same thing, sign someone who is available.

Especially when CW was actually a good special teamer as well. This sucks the big wang tang IMHO!!! I hurt today :(

Chauncey's another guy who got more love than I thought he deserved from Jets fans.

If Greene or LT gets hurt, the one who doesn't will get more carries. McKnight probably will be activated, Conner and/or Richardson will get a couple carries, and the Jets might even throw the ball more as a team. Or they'll grab a RB off some other team's practice squad.

It won't be the end of the world.

In the meantime, the Jets carry the extra TE's because they like them. They got the extra blocker in Hartsock, Keller's potential stand-in in Cumberland, and the special teamer in Mulligan. It's all okay.

Maybe the problem is that CW should have been the 3rd RB not the 4th. F*CK MCNIGHT!!!!

Yep, one bad preseason is enough to judge a guy's entire career.

The guy has been a bum since he left High School. This has nothing to do with one bad preseason. The reports on the guy were 1st round talent, but his work ethic that wont keep him in the league. Ironically, he came into camp out of shape. Go figure. Tell me what he's done to prove those scouting reports wrong?

He's not cut out for the NFL. I knew this about him in college, and its apparent now. He's a player who has survived on talent who never lived up to his full potential because he wasnt committed enough to working hard to become great.

Joe McKnight will never make it in the NFL and it has nothing to do with what he did in the preseason.

OUCH!!!!!!!!!! This really sucks as we have no depth at RB. Lets not forget about those guys still available out there. Willie Parker is the first one to come to my mind. I would definitely consider signing him or someone else today. Really why do we need 4 TEs.

LJ FTW.

We are carrying 2 fullbacks (when most teams have only one) and one development project RB who cannot play atleast in the near future.

On top of that I could see 2 roster spots that are not contributing actively. The WR Pat Turner and TE Mulligan!

That's 4 sortta wasted roster spots.

One of those could have been used to get a guy like Chauncey Washington on the team.

We are carrying 2 fullbacks (when most teams have only one) and one development project RB who cannot play atleast in the near future.

On top of that I could see 2 roster spots that are not contributing actively. The WR Pat Turner and TE Mulligan!

That's 4 sortta wasted roster spots.

One of those could have been used to get a guy like Chauncey Washington on the team.

Mulligan is a special teams contributor and sees snaps at TE.

Washington would have been just as much dead weight as any of them.

Mulligan is a special teams contributor and sees snaps at TE.

Washington would have been just as much dead weight as any of them.

You mean to say Washington could not have contributed on special teams.

And what are the chances Mulligan gets signed by another team.

And whats our depth at TE position as compared to RB position.

And between TE & RB which position would be more prone to injuries ?

Rams | Chauncey Washington signs

Tue, 28 Sep 2010 10:33:19 -0700

The St. Louis Rams signed RB Chauncey Washington to an undisclosed deal Tuesday, Sept. 28, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch's Bernie Miklasz. Washington was on the New York Jets' practice squad.

0 Comments | Share: Tweet! Share on Facebook | Source: St. Louis Post-Dispatch - Bernie Miklasz

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz10qbRsOXu

You mean to say Washington could not have contributed on special teams.

And what are the chances Mulligan gets signed by another team.

And whats our depth at TE position as compared to RB position.

And between TE & RB which position would be more prone to injuries ?

What are the chances McKnight turns out to be the better RB?

The NYJETS took a chance and lost with Chauncy Washington. The practice squad is a place to hide and store guys,until another team comes along with a need like the Rams. I dont like this situation of having no depth at the RB position. Joe McKnight has shown us nothing of his expectations and and GOD FORBID any of our RBs go down with an injury WE ARE SCREWED.

Its panic time and Tanne needs to make a move today.

The NYJETS took a chance and lost with Chauncy Washington. The practice squad is a place to hide and store guys,until another team comes along with a need like the Rams. I dont like this situation of having no depth at the RB position. Joe McKnight has shown us nothing of his expectations and and GOD FORBID any of our RBs go down with an injury WE ARE SCREWED.

Its panic time and Tanne needs to make a move today.

Dan-Panic.jpg

I seriously doubt you have a PayPal account. Im not about to get scammed. Id much rather send cash.

Even better, I'll PM you a post office box, put the cash in an envelope.

No way you get scammed this way. :thumbup:

It's a one of a kind original too, and when I die it will be worth millions!

It can all be yours for the measly price $500 dollars, use big bills and save on the postage. :eusa_angel:

The guy has been a bum since he left High School. This has nothing to do with one bad preseason. The reports on the guy were 1st round talent, but his work ethic that wont keep him in the league. Ironically, he came into camp out of shape. Go figure. Tell me what he's done to prove those scouting reports wrong?

He's not cut out for the NFL. I knew this about him in college, and its apparent now. He's a player who has survived on talent who never lived up to his full potential because he wasnt committed enough to working hard to become great.

Joe McKnight will never make it in the NFL and it has nothing to do with what he did in the preseason.

But jet fans are idiots, so how am I supposed to read this ;)

Even better, I'll PM you a post office box, put the cash in an envelope.

No way you get scammed this way. :thumbup:

It's a one of a kind original too, and when I die it will be worth millions!

It can all be yours for the measly price $500 dollars, use big bills and save on the postage. :eusa_angel:

Id much rather get your home address. I have a sack of pennies in the amount of $500. I have a friend who flies a small plane and I would prefer to drop them. Upon payment you could then send me the picture. You could then say pennies from heaven is a true statement.

Archived