JI posting crap about JN: MERGED

SouthernJet

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why do you care what one person, or one site thinks of another? Really. And, I agree, Max has deleted some pretty harsh stuff. I applaud him for that. He definitely did the right thing regarding some personal attacks. Does that put him in a favorabvle light? Sure it does. And as they say, actions peak louder than words. See, Mr. Blacklable, most posters here are of the intelligent variety and are inclined to make decent decisions and judge things by what they see. No lecture required.

For someone who keeps saying this is all just messageboard stuff and "who cares?", you sure get touchy! :wink:

Lord, if you don't think there are "visitors" from here to there and there to here.....you are truly naive.

And, you know something Mr. Black Label? You are right - this does bother me a little. I'm into equity. Fair Treatment for all. Seeing things for what they really are. Therefore, JI bashes JN - feel free to bash away. JN bashes JI - JI should feel free to bash away as well. Thing is - when each site does, each site looks "retarded" - and who wants to look like Corky? :wink:

What I find funny is that someone obviously felt it important enough to tell her that Tom stepped down, since she didn't read it herself.

As much as I may chime in with the peanut gallery, your policy is the right one.

Thanks!

Tom taught me a lot about Webmastering. Just because he is no longer with us doesn't mean his legacy is gone.

I am like a Bill Walsh disciple. I will take what I was taught and call it my own!

Well, here's my cents.

First - the "implosion" - I showed up (I think) just as TS was leaving. In fact I didn't know this was "his" site. His leaving doesn't affect me.

Further, I didn't come here having been banned at JI...heck they don't even know me. I just saw a lot of the people here whose posts I enjoyed reading.

Second (or is it third?) - I wasn't around to understand the animosity toward this site from this "Lady of Limos"...but it doesn't seem justified. She certainly wants it to "be over" at JN.com. I'd suggest it isn't over until she sings.

Why do you care what one person, or one site thinks of another? Really. And, I agree, Max has deleted some pretty harsh stuff. I applaud him for that. He definitely did the right thing regarding some personal attacks. Does that put him in a favorabvle light? Sure it does. And as they say, actions speak louder than words. However, many people here find it fit to throw a "and this is free!" jab in their posts almost daily. Is that cool too? See, Mr. Blacklable, most posters here are of the intelligent variety and are inclined to make decent decisions and judge things by what they see. No lecture required.

A fan website charging for usage is pathetic. I'm sorry. I know they have a free portion. However, just the implication that the free portion "doesn't have everything you need as a fan" is pathetic. Tell me, what does the JetsOutsider.com pay site really get you?

A fluff chat with a Jets player where you blow smoke up his ass for an hour?

A chat with one of the WORST Jets beat reporters?

Some poor quality photos?

Yippee! It's 55 f'ing dollars too. I mean if I want to know what Mark Canizzfatso had to say, I'd read the Post. It's FREE online. Please don't tell me he has MORE to say in the JetsOutsider.com chats/columns than he does for the NY Post. I'm sure if he did the Post wouldn't be happy. Something tells me the Post pays him a HECK of a lot more money.

The owner of JetsOutsider.com wants to pose as a journalist. Once he gets himself a press pass, he's supposed to be impartial. I read nothing over there that is impartial.

Really, that site, 3-4 years ago was pretty decent. The owner's head is so damn inflated now with his ego that he must have French Doors all throughout his house to get around (and to let his Pal Mark C move around the house). You are not allowed to disagree with the owner.

Little man, are you for real? You're 16 - and I applaud your confidence. HOWEVER, you aren't THAT funny and you need to learn to STF sometimes. Honest to God. :roll:

Honest to GOD? I am for real.

Let it be known, woman. You are on thin ice and the temperature is slowly rising.

Why do you care what one person, or one site thinks of another? Really. However, many people here find it fit to throw a "and this is free!" jab in their posts almost daily. Is that cool too?

There's nothing wrong with making money per se, but there is something morally and ethically wrong with doing devious things like hiding behind fictitious or anonymous usernames on internet MB's to slander and deface other people and their businesses, in an attempt to compromise them so as to make them less competitive in a mutual marketplace.

If you live in a world where the ends ultimately justify the means, then go for it. But understand this is an objective world as well as a subjective world-

There are universal laws and truisms. I believe in the law of Karma: What goes around, comes around "do unto others as you would have them do to you".

If the measure of my success depends on a particular variable that requires me to destroy other people, then count me out.

Because I know it will come back to me in spades.

It's no way to go through life.

Look, let me cut right to the chase-

There is no way one person could piss off as many people as he did, in that short period of time, unless he himself was doing something inherently wrong.

Each one of us has to come to terms with our own actions and behaviors, and understand and acknowledge there are far reaching consequences for them.

There is something you will do today, that will have either an adverse or advantageous effect on somebody twice removed from you; somebody you don't even know.

And the law of karma will apply. It always does. You can learn from your mistakes, and you can accept this fact, or you can continue to live in your subjective world of delusion, where everything is dog eat dog, and everybody is disposable, and everybody is here only as an object to be manipulated towards your own machinations, and when the sht blows up in your face, time after time after time...

There's nothing wrong with making money per se, but there is something morally and ethically wrong with doing devious things like hiding behind fictitious or anonymous usernames on internet MB's to slander and deface other people and their businesses, in an attempt to compromise them so as to make them less competitive in a mutual marketplace.

If you live in a world where the ends ultimately justify the means, then go for it. But understand this is an objective world as well as a subjective world-

There are universal laws and truisms. I believe in the law of Karma: What goes around, comes around "do unto others as you would have them do to you".

If the measure of my success depends on a particular variable that requires me to destroy other people, then count me out.

There is no way one person could piss off as many people as he did, in that short period of time, unless he himself was doing something inherently wrong.

Each one of us has to come to terms with our own actions and behaviors, and understand and acknowledge there are far reaching consequences for them.

There is something you will do today, that will have either an adverse or advantageous effect on somebody twice removed from you; somebody you don't even know.

And the law of karma will apply. It always does. You can learn from your mistakes, and you can accept this fact, or you can continue to live in your subjective world of delusion, where everything is dog eat dog, and everybody is disposable, and everybody is here only as an object to be manipulated towards your own machinations, and when the sht blows up in your face, time after time after time...

You know I have to add my 2 cents...

I love how we are a bunch of imiating retards but 95%of our posters are JI posters too :roll: .Just curious...Do your posters lose their coolness when they log in here?

I think it's pretty funny we have Rich Cimini, Peter Schwartz, Dave Hutchinson all come do chats here for FREE.

How cheap are we?

I also caught Mark Cannizaro Live on patchyfogg's radio show last night...He basically scoffed at working with your site. He made it very clear JetsInsider gets second hand infomation after he gives it to his publisher. Good thing he's on the payroll.

As far as LimoLady goes...

The first time I met sue she told me ...ahh shucks...Remember what you told me Suzie Q? :D In the back of the limo in boston....You leaned over and whispered something so sweet in my ear. :lol:

Somethings are better left unsaid.

Anyway.... I hate to break it to all the Haters and the Non-believers but JetNation.com is here to stay.

No 1 man or homo makes this site...GOB,Faba,Maxman,GGG & Myself are commited to making this place the best it can be. we have 750 users in 6 months. TomShane was just a part of the team. I haven't even noticed he has been gone....there are alot less gay jokes...that's about it.We haven't skipped a beat.

JetNation.com is here to stay...Full steam ahead baby. You can get on board or get run over by the JetNation train!

I love reading post from JetsConfidential./..Ooops I mean JetsInsider...They Inspire me...They fule my fire...I LOVE IT.

Im glad it bothers them we are succesful...SUCK on it.

I try to stay out of the bashing back and forth but this really pisses me off.. if Jetnation is so bad then why they are always so consumed by it? get over it.. I find this site alot more enjoyable and really enjoy the fact that every member of the site can speak their mind. No censors and no fees.. As for the site imploding..well the moderators and GGG have my full support and I will help in any way I can. There is no reason why both sites cannot equally exist. And as for Limo..shame on you... you should be above this.

Really, that site, 3-4 years ago was pretty decent. The owner's head is so damn inflated now with his ego that he must have French Doors all throughout his house to get around (and to let his Pal Mark C move around the house). You are not allowed to disagree with the owner.

actually very funny stuff, hope for you yet 8)

Lord, if you don't think there are "visitors" from here to there and there to here.....you are truly naive.

That was my point. I know there's folks who visit both. And I know she can't log in here because she's banned. We all know that to be fact.

I was just mentioning I found it funny that someone took the time to come here, read about Tom leaving and then tell her about it. And then have her take the effort to mention it in a relatively un-related post about Rich Cimini. In the interests of equity and equal time, I will also mention its funny that folks here run back here and do the same thing.

But maybe that's cause I've never met anyone from either board in person. Maybe its because Im just an ass that enjoys poking fun at people who brag about their philanthropy and high connections. Same reason I poke fun at Jetman. When people talk a lot about themselves, they make themselves targets. Its human nature, and to pretend any differently is to be naive.

And, you know something Mr. Black Label? You are right - this does bother me a little. I'm into equity. Fair Treatment for all. Seeing things for what they really are. Therefore, JI bashes JN - feel free to bash away. JN bashes JI - JI should feel free to bash away as well. Thing is - when each site does, each site looks "retarded" - and who wants to look like Corky? :wink:

I guess I've never been concerned about looking retarded on a messageboard or in person. Between the stresses of work and family and life in general, messageboard "wars" should be the least of our concerns. Someone from Ganggreen slams Sooth, Limo calls this place a cheap imitation, someone calls her a name, and the cycle continues. Hopefully all parties involved realize its all just a bunch of talk.

And believe me, I look nothing like Corky. I'm much better looking. And smarter. And have two license plates on my car.

I post on JI 90% of the time, and probably 10% here. Probably just out of habit, or because I'm obssessed with politics or something. I was there on JI long before JN came around and so I've "known" virtually all of JN's now-regulars, from back in the day when we all posted on JI and made fun of each other, and virtually no one was banned, and JI was a tiny little operation, not even close to what it is today.

There are some great JIers. In a lot of ways, it's a very cool site. But in a lot of ways, it's a different animal than JN is. Sooth is turning JI into a brand, one that is linked with the Jets' brand. As such, he feels he needs to do certain things that another, independent site like JN, doesn't have to do or doesn't want to do. The goals of the two sites are different.

He's built a very good thing over there. In the 3+ years I've been posting there, the site has improved tremendously in terms of its layout and interactive qualities, etc.

I have noticed that a ton of newer posters are there and there is a great deal of noise on the board - Moronic threads, childish squabbling, people saying things like, "Vilma Traded!!" as a thread subject without any backup.

Typically, I scan through threads not by their titles, but mostly by the people who have started or replied to them. If TX or YoungJetsFan or Mean Bro Green or someone else I know and like is in a thread, chances are I'd be interested. Now on JI, everything is posted by people I don't know, and so I am posting less and less because the threads are so stupid.

I think JI's improvement as a brand and as a revenue-generator is coming at the cost of a deteriorating message board. I've noticed a sharp decline over the past year or so. Things change, what are you going to do?

I enjoy coming on to JN because it is more like what JI used ot be like, before it became part of the "establishment" as it were.

I think I'll have to make the switch, and perhaps begin posting here more often.

Limo's post was very petty - I remember seeing it and just feeling embarassed for her, I cringed while reading it. I've met and partied with Sue - Smizz, remember that game in Foxboro a few years ago? - on several occasions. I like her as much as one can like someone they've only interacted with while heavily sedated. I just think she's trying to show how loyal she is to JI or something. I don't know - it's actually kind of sad, in a way.

Sorry for the long-winded post. I know my # of posts isn't impressive here, but I do feel like a part of this community, and I really appreciate that you guys actually took th time and effort to create this great place. I enjoy coming here and will plan on spending some more time doing so.

Hugs 'n' Kisses,

6ever

Here is my question for whomever is running JetsInsider these days.

If jetnation.com is SO terrible, how come you can't type our name there? Seriously if there is nothing to be afraid of, why is it censored? Gameface asked me to do a link exchange. I agreed but never received a return link.

There is a sense of community with every other site.

theganggreen.com

nyjetsfan.com

nyjetschat.com

But JI censors our name. They say that we imitate them. Yet I don't see any pics of girls here in a premium section. I don't see a Subscription button here. Nor do I see a private message board.

Really seems like a completely different world to me. Rich Cimini, Peter Schwartz, Dave Hutchinson have all done interviews\chats here. Not once did we try to profit from them.

Plus referring to us as retards is just wrong. I understand that Limo is happy that Tom left. But Tom is busy, he regretted leaving. It was a tough decision for him to make. But he had things in life that he needed to take care of.

Tom is a great guy. Tom is a great friend of mine. That being said, the Nation goes on without him. Regardless of how bad Limo wants us to fail.

Max, I couldn't have said it better...

Limo's post was very petty - I remember seeing it and just feeling embarassed for her, I cringed while reading it. I've met and partied with Sue - Smizz, remember that game in Foxboro a few years ago? - on several occasions. I like her as much as one can like someone they've only interacted with while heavily sedated. I just think she's trying to show how loyal she is to JI or something. I don't know - it's actually kind of sad, in a way.

Of course I remember. Things sure have changed . I miss a couple of the guys from JI ...You,Warfish,YJF ,Bergen jet ,JonE & MBG. I know most of them post here ,just not as much as Id like.

Sue used our "friendship" to steal inside info when we first started this place. She would Pm me and talk all nice and ask question all the time running back to her boy sooth and giving him ideas for the NEW JetsInsider you have today.

She turned on me quicker then you can say " Biggie Size it " . Ill never know why but they started the name calling and the insults. All JN did was what sooth asked max & tom to do. Go somewhere else and start you own site ,they did.

It's what old JI use to be.... I love coming here and Bullsh*ttin with these guys and getting my football news too. This place owns.

We really could care less what goes on over there...To each his own but we share the same fanbase...This is like Giants fans telling Jets fans " Everybody from NY is a POS " & then mocking 9/11. What the **** are they thinking?

Anywhooo ,hope to see more of you here.

jets6ever summed up most of my sentiments. I don't post of there because over the past 12-18 months the quality of posts and posters has declined at an alarming rate.

There are hardly any decent posters left and of those who are good they all post here anyway so why bother.

I wasn't banned or anything but I have no desire to post over there.

Plus, the "Garbarge Dump" is ridiculous. 90% of the threads over there should be in the dump.

jets6ever summed up most of my sentiments. I don't post of there because over the past 12-18 months the quality of posts and posters has declined at an alarming rate.

There are hardly any decent posters left and of those who are good they all post here anyway so why bother.

I wasn't banned or anything but I have no desire to post over there.

Plus, the "Garbarge Dump" is ridiculous. 90% of the threads over there should be in the dump.

I'm tellin ya, dooshsayer should just move the ENTIRE nyjetstalk forum to the garbage dump.

Eliminate step 1, go straight to step 2. :lol:

Archived