December makes me nervous

Matt39

I wish I was as clear on this. It's kinda the meat and potatoes of the Jets moving on to elite status. I place a lot more of the blame on Schott as it's his job to get done. (please Gato - spare me your insight)But as of today - we're 9-2 and on our way to the Lombardi

I agree with you on the culpability of Schitty, but good QB play masks a lot of things.

Mark Sanchez is going to be primarily responsible for Schitty getting a HC job.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't look at my view of December's games as negative, more like objective or realistic. And I'm all about moving in the right direction, sacrificing short term gains for long term success. If we lose the last 4 games (and I don't think we'll lose more than 2, if that) we still had a fantastic season in my book doing things most Jet teams just dreamed of doing and will need only to make a couple changes/additions to be closer to elite status next year. Not too shabby for a 2nd year head coach and a 23 year old sophomore QB.

+1.

I'm not expecting to win on Monday, and thats o.k. It doesnt mean the Jets are a bad team. The Jets are a good team with potential to be great. I think there is a glimmer of hope that they can find that greatness this season.

Now, I do think the Jets have the better team than the Patriots, but one position trumps it all and when you look at the post Crusher made, the Jets have major flaws. The great news is, I think they can over come them all, I'm just not sure if it happens this year.

it's kind of sad that the jets have been so heartbreaking for so long. they have been prone to meltdown after meltdown and have conditioned jets fans to be eternal defeatists. i mean here the team is at 9-2.....tied fo rthe best record in the league and one win away from taking a nice commanding lead towards a #1 seed and you would never guess it by reading this board. lol.

Looks like there's a reason for that.

Archived