December makes me nervous

Matt39

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The above are 2 slapdick posts.

I'm pretty sure the Jets haven't ever won in Pittsburgh. Zero idea the last time the Jets won at Chicago.

11 wins might not even get us in this season. I'm just hoping Sanchez saves his best for last and we figure out a way to get to the QB.

The team has been going through the motions for a while now. Wont work against the good teams were about to face.

I'm pretty sure the Jets haven't ever won in Pittsburgh. Zero idea the last time the Jets won at Chicago.

11 wins might not even get us in this season. I'm just hoping Sanchez saves his best for last and we figure out a way to get to the QB.

The team has been going through the motions for a while now. Wont work against the good teams were about to face.

This Jets team has never played in Pittsburgh or Chicago. So, I'll reserve judgement.

I also don't see why Chicago will be a struggle. We should be able to force Cutler into mistakes and make enough plays on offense to win that one w/o too much trouble.

I'm hoping thats been it...we've been doing the classic Jets move of playing to our competition, but I dont think thats the case. They just strike me as a, "well, we are here, where's our trophies" type team. Hence why we've been sliding by sh*tty comp.

This Jets team has never played in Pittsburgh or Chicago. So, I'll reserve judgement.

I also don't see why Chicago will be a struggle. We should be able to force Cutler into mistakes and make enough plays on offense to win that one w/o too much trouble.

I said the same thing about the Ravens...we've always struggled against them...but not this team. Well...

Rex's team has a winning record in December, so I don't see where anyone can claim a December collapse.

What? Ghosts of Decembers past?

At least give Rex the benefit of the doubt since he did it once already.

Jet fans are a joke.

Any other fanbase would be rabid right now and declaring that their team will trounce the Pats and walk away with the division.

Not the Jet fans.

The Jets beat Chicago in Chicago with another fat head coach in 1997.

Jet fans are a joke.

Any other fanbase would be rabid right now and declaring that their team will trounce the Pats and walk away with the division.

Not the Jet fans.

Maybe, but you're selling Jets fans short.

A win on Monday Night, and JetNation will be sizing up the NFC for Super Bowl opponents and booking flights and hotels early for Arlington.

Cutler, despite his near-ivy education, is semi-retarded and will throw the ball to the Jets 3 times, minimum. The Steelers will keep the Jets from running the ball, but are far from unbeatable, IMO, as the Pats and Bills have shown. I think that's a toss-up with a slight edge to Pitt. And the Bills will have their bags packed for the finale, so I'm not expecting a huge challenge from them if the Jets show up to play.

Rex's team has a winning record in December, so I don't see where anyone can claim a December collapse.

Jet fans are a joke.

Not the Jet fans.

You mean when 2 teams laid down for the Jets last December?

One would think we'd force Cutler to make bad throws....unfortunately this team doesnt get INT's.

WTF is with all the doubt? You guys are ****in downers. Your team is 9-2, snap out of it! The Pats are beatable, their Defense blows. Pitt just almost lost to Buffalo, beatable. Chicago, all you have to do is blitz the sh*t out of Cutler, beatable.

Stop whining, you sound like a bunch of Tom Brady's! Never saw so many people jump off a 9-2 bandwagon, its pathetic.

Jet fans are a joke.

Not the Jet fans.

Having a sense of humor does help with Jet fan ship.

Jet fans are a joke.

Not the Jet fans.

No it just sucks that of all years we have a great record and could/should have some home games where looking at a wild card.

And it sucks that the year Curtis should be a 1st ballot HOFer, 2 other RB's are on the ballot.

Jets fans aren't a joke, the luck we have is.

You mean when 2 teams laid down for the Jets last December?

I thought you were smarter than this, you seriously don't buy into this media-fed horsesh*t do you? You can certainly argue the Colts game, but it's not like the Jets had no chance. Saying the Bengals laid down for the Jets was a joke. They played all of their starters until the game was officially a rout. Then the Jets went into their house and beat them again a week later.

WTF is with all the doubt? You guys are ****in downers. Your team is 9-2, snap out of it! The Pats are beatable, their Defense blows. Pitt just almost lost to Buffalo, beatable. Chicago, all you have to do is blitz the sh*t out of Cutler, beatable.

Stop whining, you sound like a bunch of Tom Brady's! Never saw so many people jump off a 9-2 bandwagon, its pathetic.

I'm still not convinced. Hold me.

I thought you were smarter than this, you seriously don't buy into this media-fed horsesh*t do you? You can certainly argue the Colts game, but it's not like the Jets had no chance. Saying the Bengals laid down for the Jets was a joke. They played all of their starters until the game was officially a rout. Then the Jets went into their house and beat them again a week later.

Umm... Truth is Colts had us on the ropes when they pulled Peyton.

Thank you.

Colts laid down, but the Bengals certainly didn't.

Not for nothing but the fact remains that the Jets have faced only 3 teams with a wining and have just 1 win out of those 3 games.

I'm gonna be at Foxboro to watch the debacle live in person. Probably with a cold beer dumped on me. Should be a good time.

And I'll be at Soldiers Field with 50 - 75 of my friends, all Bear fans. I'll be sitting with a few of them, but the rest know where I'll be and will be hunting me down to shovel sh*t my way if we lose.

We've got to be smarter than earlier in the season on pass D here. They don't have an Ocho and TO scenario in the WR ranks to get blanketed by Revis and Cro. Martz has watched all the film and will have Mope-ler looking at guys on little crossing and stick routes over the middle. I'm thinking we'll need to win this game for play-off position, but I personally really need us to win this game.

Right now I think the following will happen:

Pats beat the Jets, easily.

Pats win the division by two or three games.

Jets rally and win the AFC Championship from the WC.

So then all offseason and next year, even thought the Jets will be the defending Super Bowl champs, the Patsy trolls will be on here crowing about how the Pats won the division?

You know what? I could actually see that happening.

Not for nothing but the fact remains that the Jets have faced only 3 teams with a wining and have just 1 win out of those 3 games.

Not for nothing, but the Pats have two losses - one to the Jets, and another to a team the Jets beat.

Jet fans are a joke.

Not the Jet fans.

Tbh I kinda always liked that about Jets fans. Fool me once shame on you, Fool me...........................472 times shame on me.

LOL, Hess. :D

BTW, this December reminds me of the December for the 2008 Steelers.

Back then the Steelers had the second best record in the conference heading into the last weekend of Nov. at 8-3 (Titans were 10-1) and a nasty 4 game stretch against the Pats, Cowboys, Ravens, and Titans. A lot of people (including me) thought the best the Steelers would do is 2-2, but they ended up 3-1 in those 4 games, only losing to the Titans. The Steelers ended up going 6-1 in their final 7 to go 12-4.

Archived