Mark Sanchez: Winningest QB in Jets Postseason history

Greenranger

LOL - you didnt see where I got the better fan than you perspective from? I only had people telling me to go root for another team, have fun being miserable for the next 10 years, how can you be negative in a time like this, Jets fans will always find something to complain about, etc...but I have a complex because I took that the way I did. Okay....

And then you yourself drop..."Me and Bleedin want to see Sanchez improve"....implying I don't. Unreal. You cant make this sh*t up.

Battling implication, huh?

Honestly, I didn't see you was "wanting" Sanchez to improve as much as I see you as wanting Sanchez to be gone. You want him to improve based on convergent interests (You're a Jet fan and you want the team to win. QB needs to play well for that to happen. Thus, you want Sanchez to get better).

You're a miserable prick, but I'll never doubt your fandom.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

meh, that's just get this heathy stuff away from my fat and salt.. that's not picky.. picky is eating nothing instead of what's offered, not choosing a a donut over an orange

Stop being so technical and serious. More Klacko bashing please.

Battling implication, huh?

Honestly, I didn't see you was "wanting" Sanchez to improve as much as I see you as wanting Sanchez to be gone. You want him to improve based on convergent interests (You're a Jet fan and you want the team to win. QB needs to play well for that to happen. Thus, you want Sanchez to get better).

You're a miserable prick, but I'll never doubt your fandom.

I'm really not battling. I just pointed out what was going. Overall, I could care less hence why I am the way I am and nobody will ever change that even though I'm called out for it quite often.

In regards to Sanchez, I'm a Jets fan. So obviously if the offer was to upgrade at the position, I'd do it in a heartbeat because I dont have any personal attachment to Sanchez. I think he's a good guy and I actually really like him. Loved, I mean absolutely loved the Aiden story. I just prefer to have a QB without the limitations that I perceive as major drawbacks which could prevent the Jets from hoisting the Lombardi with him at the helm.

Someone keeps mentioning patience. I've had patience. We've all been very patient. Hell, some a lot more than me as I'm only 31...but the problem with this is that this team is the best I've ever seen in terms of talent and this HC is the first I can remember in a long time that I believe can get us there. So while its true, I'd rather have a better QB. I'm well aware that it is highly unlikely to happen any time soon. Therefore, I most certainly want Sanchez to improve...a great deal in fact.

Credit for what?

Making Braylon jump 5 feet in the air on the last pass of the game? (please dont insult yourself and say it was by design)

Throwing a rediculous int near halftime costing the NYJ points in a tight game?

Constantly throwing behind a rec on slants which ruins the dynamic of the catch and run?

Throwing 50% of his passes so high you would need Dikembe Motumbo at wide out to make the catch?

I will give credit................ when its due.

All he did right was win the game. The first half was hard to watch.

I think it's you they want to get rid of. Haters gonna hate. ;)

Seriously, way too often Sanchez just blows horribly until the last possession when we must score or walk away without the W. But if he's got to pick one possession to show up that would be the one I'd choose. There are plenty of (generally thought to be) better QB's who are the exact opposite.

Just imagine a young Ken OB or Joe Willy with this OL, WRs and RBs. The guy was lucky. he came to a team ready to roll. he is their biggest limitation. he does blow hot and cold. Yet so many are ready to proclaim him Hall of Fame worthy. The fact that no other JETS QB has won many playoff games is an indictment of the team not those QBs, though some were bad. ( Todd) Ken OB had a terrible team to contend with and his OL was very bad and he took horrible beatings as a result. When Joe came to the Jets they were just building a team. Sanchez is a very lucky guy and as he goes in the current playoffs, so goes the Jets. He sucked for most og the INDY game and left at least 14 points on the field in the first half. I have heard excuses from: it was the layoff that hurt him to his arm bothers him to you name it. The fact is that he gets paid to win a SUPER BOWL -now. He is talented but inconsistent. I feel his desire to be great will eventually win out. but will the team be SB -ready by that time?

Just imagine a young Ken OB or Joe Willy with this OL, WRs and RBs. The guy was lucky. he came to a team ready to roll. he is their biggest limitation. he does blow hot and cold. Yet so many are ready to proclaim him Hall of Fame worthy. The fact that no other JETS QB has won many playoff games is an indictment of the team not those QBs, though some were bad. ( Todd) Ken OB had a terrible team to contend with and his OL was very bad and he took horrible beatings as a result. When Joe came to the Jets they were just building a team. Sanchez is a very lucky guy and as he goes in the current playoffs, so goes the Jets. He sucked for most og the INDY game and left at least 14 points on the field in the first half. I have heard excuses from: it was the layoff that hurt him to his arm bothers him to you name it. The fact is that he gets paid to win a SUPER BOWL -now. He is talented but inconsistent. I feel his desire to be great will eventually win out. but will the team be SB -ready by that time?

You are honest and make way too much sense.

Get out the kevlar.

SMC is absolutely saying that. I don't think anyone else is.

You don't need to lie, Aten.

I never said Sanchez shouldn't be criticized. I've criticized him numerous times, including in game threads.

I challenge yours and other's definitive judgments.

:face:

I quote Rex Ryan: "the kid is 6-5 for a reason."

The play there is to throw the ball high and take advantage of Braylon's height and vertical leaping ability. It was a little higher than necessary but you do throw that pass high on purpose.

I don't want to be on your 'people who suck' list because you're cool.

But I think I saw some overthrown passes yesterday. And I'm still nervous about it.

I don't want to be on your 'people who suck' list because you're cool.

But I think I saw some overthrown passes yesterday. And I'm still nervous about it.

He did. But as has been mentioned, and it was noted by Collinsworth (who has become, hands down, the best color commentator by far) during the game, there was an obvious mechanical issue with Sanchez's throwing motion yesterday. He wasn't as bad in the second half and it is easily fixable.

This thread was definitely going down that path for a second there. A couple of posts in a row had that implication all over it.

You're strawmanning again. Sanchez deserves criticism.

Let's take the 1st half of the Colts game. Sanchez was consistently high on all his throws (even his completions). That caused his low comp. % and his INT. He was deservedly criticized for that (by me and everyone else)

Why was he throwing high? I thought it was a mechanical issue since he was consistent in his high throws. Collinsworth even pointed out during the game that Sanchez may be overstriding which lowers his elbow and causes the ball to rise.

Was the reason "mechanical" or simply "because he sucks"???

He did. But as has been mentioned, and it was noted by Collinsworth (who has become, hands down, the best color commentator by far) during the game, there was an obvious mechanical issue with Sanchez's throwing motion yesterday. He wasn't as bad in the second half and it is easily fixable.

Mechanical issue WTF is that supposed to mean? These guys practice all week then at game time he forgets how to do it right? Is that what this means??? Please explain this mechanical issue you describe? This is football not golf. Whats next, he had a itchy rash causing chafe on his drops?

Mechanical issue WTF is that supposed to mean? These guys practice all week then at game time he forgets how to do it right? Is that what this means??? Please explain this mechanical issue you describe? This is football not golf. Whats next, he had a itchy rash causing chafe on his drops?

As Collinsworth described during the game, Sanchez appeared to be overstriding which caused every throw to be high. You can have a mechanical issue in any sport. Sometimes you get out of rhythm which causes you to not be at your best.

I don't know what caused the problem but I hope he wasn't compensating for his shoulder. Though I doubt that was the problem as there was plenty of zip on his passes.

I'm sure THIS was part of the issue. He didnt throw a pass in the Bills game and probably didnt throw many passes during the week because of his shoulder. This week will be much different.

a young kenny O with this team would be exciting to watch... I'll take his WR's though.. Toon, Walker, Shuler >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Edwards, Holmes, Keller...

Ha! I guess. I just dont get the double standard for Sanchez.

Its o.k. to be critical of anyone else on the team...but not him. Thats a big no no.

dude this is nothing, you should've tried knocking chad 2002-2004

I never said Sanchez shouldn't be criticized.

No. You complain that the critics only want him to improve because we want the Jets to win, as though this is somehow insufficient or there's some other reason we're supposed to care, but you do stop short of actually advocating prior restraint.

Face palm? Really?

Cmon man, my 9 yr old nephew knows the play is a high pass by design. But that was clealy way overthrown and saved by BE.

The 2 previous completions were uncontested by Indy.

This is where I have a problem with some people describing this as a game winning drive. Like it was Johnny U or Joe M marching their team down the field to victory with a game winning TD.

Sorry but 2 uncontested short passes and a saved overthrow do not constitute A GAME WINNING DRIVE.

Anyone with a functioning eyeball could see it was all Cromartie, BE and Folk that won it at the end and thank god for them.

In this situation, the best option was to be HIGH.

The absolute worst thing that could have happened on that pass was for an INT. The jets were already in FG range (Let's pretend that ;))

He back shouldered the throw and put it only where his guy could have gotten it.

Whethr it wilder high than he wanted, who knows? But doing that play, that was the throw to make.

You're strawmanning again. Sanchez deserves criticism.

Let's take the 1st half of the Colts game. Sanchez was consistently high on all his throws (even his completions). That caused his low comp. % and his INT. He was deservedly criticized for that (by me and everyone else)

Why was he throwing high? I thought it was a mechanical issue since he was consistent in his high throws. Collinsworth even pointed out during the game that Sanchez may be overstriding which lowers his elbow and causes the ball to rise.

Was the reason "mechanical" or simply "because he sucks"???

I'm really not, but whatever.

You should know by now, that my assessment of Sanchez, is not based on Sunday night. Sanchez misses high, he did it all night (not just the 1st half) and he's done it throughout his career. So my answer is clearly, I think he sucks.

dude this is nothing, you should've tried knocking chad 2002-2004

Yeah, I know nothing about Chad debates.

Archived