Good News: ROOM FOR IMPROVEMENT

Barton

Sanchez is a 2nd year QB who's getting better. We have had to protect him and limit playcalling these past 2 years. That will continue in year 3, but it will be a lesser factor.

The defense is missing talent at every level. Some of them will return (Jenkins) and new guys will be brought in (OLB, DE, possibly S).

This defense will be scary in years 3-5 of Rex Ryan. Coupled that with a growing QB who has an allstar Oline and weapons, I see no reason why this team will not make it back to the AFCCG within the next 3 years.

No reason to get down. Dissapointing loss but this team overachieved again in 2010. Great sign.

Sanchez is a 2nd year QB who's getting better. We have had to protect him and limit playcalling these past 2 years. That will continue in year 3, but it will be a lesser factor.

The defense is missing talent at every level. Some of them will return (Jenkins) and new guys will be brought in (OLB, DE, possibly S).

This defense will be scary in years 3-5 of Rex Ryan. Coupled that with a growing QB who has an allstar Oline and weapons, I see no reason why this team will not make it back to the AFCCG within the next 3 years.

No reason to get down. Dissapointing loss but this team overachieved again in 2010. Great sign.

Why in the world should we bring Jenkins back? The defense has proven that they can do well without him and he is an injury waiting to happen every play. The Jets will save money if I'm not mistake if they cut him this offseason. Might as well do it and be done with it. I have more faith in DeVito and Pouha than I do in Jenkins.

Why in the world should we bring Jenkins back? The defense has proven that they can do well without him and he is an injury waiting to happen every play. The Jets will save money if I'm not mistake if they cut him this offseason. Might as well do it and be done with it. I have more faith in DeVito and Pouha than I do in Jenkins.

We save 4.6 Million if he is cut, 6.4 Million if he retires.

Can't trust Jenkins to last any longer in a football game than Chad Pennington. I don't think the Jets will bring him back without him taking a pretty steep cut in pay. Maybe an incentive based deal. But he'll have to decide if it's worth it at that point.

Certainly believe that Tannenbaum will be actively signing talent as soon as the CBA lets him, though.

Can't trust Jenkins to last any longer in a football game than Chad Pennington. I don't think the Jets will bring him back without him taking a pretty steep cut in pay. Maybe an incentive based deal. But he'll have to decide if it's worth it at that point.

Certainly believe that Tannenbaum will be actively signing talent as soon as the CBA lets him, though.

Believe me, if they can find another legit NT prospect, I think they should grab him. But lets assume they cannot, which is not unrealisitic considering NTs are hard to find.

Risk/Reward. Bring Jenkins back, tell him he's gonna be a part time player. If he gets hurt, no difference to the Dline......but if he stays healthy......then you have a great thing.

Good points on Sanchez. The defense needs a serious infusion of fresh legs on the D-line and the LBers...college scouts needs to hit the mark this draft. We cannot afford another high pick like the Ghost...We made strides with our DBs but we need another playmaker with an attitude. Jenkins is past his prime and will need to take a paycut to come back.

I see no reason why this team will not make it back to the AFCCG within the next 3 years.

3 years? Dear God I hope it doesn't take that long to get back to the title game.

No reason to get down. Dissapointing loss but this team overachieved again in 2010.

The 2009 team overachieved. The 2010 team stocked up with great players and still made it no further than 2009. The Jets need to find a way to win the division and get a bye. Knock the Pats down a few notches. Play more consistently. Dominate!

Good points on Sanchez. The defense needs a serious infusion of fresh legs on the D-line and the LBers...college scouts needs to hit the mark this draft. We cannot afford another high pick like the Ghost...We made strides with our DBs but we need another playmaker with an attitude. Jenkins is past his prime and will need to take a paycut to come back.

This time of year, there is a lot of talk about adding talent. Actually our talent on the D side is pretty average. When you really look at it, we have 1 elite DB, one pretty good DB, and a bunch of average Joes. We have 1 really good (run-stuffing)LB, and a bunch of average Joes. On the DL we have average Joes. Rex deserves a lot of credit for the results he gets. I was comparing our LBs to Pitt's LB's and our DL to theirs and it is no contest-in fact, it is off the charts. Get Rex one LB who can sack the QB and the overall effect on defense could be enormous. You have to respect the way the guy does defense.

This time of year, there is a lot of talk about adding talent. Actually our talent on the D side is pretty average. When you really look at it, we have 1 elite DB, one pretty good DB, and a bunch of average Joes. We have 1 really good (run-stuffing)LB, and a bunch of average Joes. On the DL we have average Joes. Rex deserves a lot of credit for the results he gets. I was comparing our LBs to Pitt's LB's and our DL to theirs and it is no contest-in fact, it is off the charts. Get Rex one LB who can sack the QB and the overall effect on defense could be enormous. You have to respect the way the guy does defense.

With almost the entire secondary set to become free agents, the Jets will have their chance to add some players.. The problem Gang Green will have will be finding ways to add players in a salary cap environment. The Jets have some serious contract issues to deal with

Archived