ENOUGH WITH THE SNOW!

visajets

an ice storm can make you pray for snow !!

ice = power outages and zero chance of driving, and on top of the 3 feet of snow we still have around here, and extremely tough clean-up. snow shovels are useless, get the dirt shovels out !!!

and what about the icicles ? I've seen them go all the way to the snow from a first story roof line. I've lived around here for 43 years, and I have never seen that !!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1-3 inches expected in Houston on Friday -- if we get 2 this city will be screwed up - I have never seen more than a dusting in 25 years here. Should be fun to see how it turns out.

We have a hotel next door where I work and the company is already putting us who work Friday morning up there tomorrow night -- Hell I never turn down a free hotel stay.

By no means am I copmparing this to the crap you guys up north are going through just wondering how this city fares.

So I live in Minnesota, and drove down to Kansas City, MO about 5 days ago to get away from the snow and the -30 degree weather. I get here and there's an effing blizzard. I was so pissed. So sick of the snow.

If you live in Minnesota how are you not used to that crap by now? That's all that happens there 6 months (or more) out of the year. I lived there for four years and the one thing I remember about the weather is when it wasn't scorching hot, it was negative temperatures and feet of snow. Fall and Spring pretty much didn't exist.

If you live in Minnesota how are you not used to that crap by now? That's all that happens there 6 months (or more) out of the year. I lived there for four years and the one thing I remember about the weather is when it wasn't scorching hot, it was negative temperatures and feet of snow. Fall and Spring pretty much didn't exist.

I'm from Texas originally. I will never get used to this weather <_<

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Ironic; walking the dog tonight the streets were as deserted and empty of traffic and pedestrians as they were during the 2 feet of snow blizzards.

I prefer this heat. You don't have to shovel or plow heat, and you can go to the beach or go inside to AC. But if we get a blackout due to power problems.....

Archived