Jets and next season's playoffs

itsJETStime

Hard to imagine they wont make the playoffs.

whos leap frogging us? the texans? the Jags? The chiefs? the raiders? gimme a break.

The chargers will win the west, and we and the pats will be duking out for the east, whichever one of us doesnt win the east will be fighting for a wc spot with houston, jacksonville, kansas city and oakland. We are so much better than these teams its no contest.

it just annoys me when everyone is all over baltimore's jock and just disregards us. Ray LEwis and Ed reed are on in their twilight years, the only good WR they have is Boldin heap, housh, and mason are getting older their defense has gotten worse and worse since rex left, they were 3rd in 09 and 10th in '10 who knows where theyll end up next season.

Every year, half the teams that made the playoffs the previous year fail to repeat. This season, the Jets were the only team to make it to the final four two years in a row.

If the Jets have a tough schedule, theoretically the Pats should have a tougher one. But it's not really about the schedule, it's about Sanchez and Schotty taking a step forward. They do that, and it will be tough for the Jets to miss the tournament.

The only thing I agree with is Charles Davis's last words.

but the Jets do have a pretty tough sked next year and alot of unaswered questions with F.A

just space filler for the NFL Network

Yep. Gives these guys something to talk about on the tube. I didn't see Nostradamus on the set. Predictions are fun, but that's all they are for. Tom Brady could slip on a bar of soap and break his face this offseason, we just don't know.

This year's schedule was no walk in the park.

Welcome to the Patriots' world....every year. ;)

It is not going to be easy for the Jets, Pats or Chargers to get a number 1 seed. Including beating on each other and a decent NFC conference to play, the Ravens and Steelers have the NFC West.

+1

The pundits said the SAME THING the year before about this past season.

If the Jets fail to make the playoffs it won't be because of schedule.

True to a point -- It is more of who we keep who we lose and who we get. Lots of changes coming our way.

whos leap frogging us? the texans? the Jags? The chiefs? the raiders? gimme a break.

The chargers will win the west, and we and the pats will be duking out for the east, whichever one of us doesnt win the east will be fighting for a wc spot with houston, jacksonville, kansas city and oakland. We are so much better than these teams its no contest.

it just annoys me when everyone is all over baltimore's jock and just disregards us. Ray LEwis and Ed reed are on in their twilight years, the only good WR they have is Boldin heap, housh, and mason are getting older their defense has gotten worse and worse since rex left, they were 3rd in 09 and 10th in '10 who knows where theyll end up next season.

I agree. F Baltimore!!!

and Boldin blew chunks against the big bad Steelers

Making predictions two weeks after the Super Bowl on what's going to happen the following football season is the most assinine exercise one can take part in.

The draft, free agency, coaching changes, preseason injuries, schedules, not to mention this collective bargaining negotiation ... so many things that have an impact on next season have to go though their course before anyone has any idea what might take place 9 months from now.

Predictions, in general, mean nothing, and they're even more worthless in February.

By the way ... Jets will win the Super Bowl in 2012.

I guarantee it. :cheers:

The only thing I agree with is Charles Davis's last words.

but the Jets do have a pretty tough sked next year and alot of unaswered questions with F.A

just space filler for the NFL Network

Tough schedule? Do we really know that yet?

Preseason strength of schedule is based on this past year's records, which is almost never a good gauge for calculating strength of schedule. I know the Jets right now look like they have the third toughest 2011 schedule, but again, that can change.

Last season, the teams with the top 6 "preseason" strength of schedules are below. The number in parenthesis is the "re-calculated" actual strength of schedule rankings that were done after the regular season was completed.

1. Houston (16)

2. Tennesee (3)

3. Dallas (22)

4. Cincinatti (21)

5. Jacksonville (19)

6. New England (14)

For what it's worth, keep in mind this is a televised segment called 'who wont make the playoffs'. You can't just say seattle and kansas city and end the segment.

I'm not watching the video because I find these conversation silly, but I'm assuming their sample is from playoff teams this year and not just the entire NFL.

That said, the Jets are a good choice for that. I actually like both Seattle and KC to make it back based on schedules and divisions. They could both potentially win the division again.

That said, I think the Jets win the division next year. That schedule, doesnt scare me at all.

Teams haven't even begun to add/release players, or anything yet, and yet we're hearing 2011 playoff predictions?

All I know is this:

If the Detroit f'ing Lions are going to even sniff 8-8, let alone the post-season, they've got a lot of work today. They need to build their offensive line before they ever come close to getting into the playoffs, even in the NFC.

Archived