WrestleMafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

Clearly, the best place to be in JN mafia is having a train run up and down on D1. I'm gonna go out and buy my, "Don't blame me, I voted Brett," bumper sticker tomorrow.

Without the benefit of being able to search from my phone, I'll join the sudden pressure on SMC. I'm only Mexican in spirit, so I'm not breaking any unwritten rules or anything...

unvote

Vote: SMC

et tu, slats?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly, the best place to be in JN mafia is having a train run up and down on D1. I'm gonna go out and buy my, "Don't blame me, I voted Brett," bumper sticker tomorrow.

Without the benefit of being able to search from my phone, I'll join the sudden pressure on SMC. I'm only Mexican in spirit, so I'm not breaking any unwritten rules or anything...

unvote

Vote: SMC

There are no Mexicans here mi amigo..

You'll have to start your bar joke with 2 puerto ricans and a chilean walk into....

bang bang.. WOO!!

I'm in favor of lynching Doggin either today or tomorrow at the latest. He has claimed 1) being roless and 2) needing an extra vote to be lynched. Losing a roless townie on day one beats randomly lynching a power role any day of the week. The numbers are still in our favor this early. I had never heard of the plus 1 being used as a townie before you guys brought it up. I just really don't see how that is goingto help the town in the long run. Right now lynching Doggin 1) saves us from lynching someone we may need later in the game 2) gives us valuable info in regards to who Doggin has been sparring with/defending/attacking. My vote stays where it is.

I'm in favor of lynching Doggin either today or tomorrow at the latest. He has claimed 1) being roless and 2) needing an extra vote to be lynched. Losing a roless townie on day one beats randomly lynching a power role any day of the week. The numbers are still in our favor this early. I had never heard of the plus 1 being used as a townie before you guys brought it up. I just really don't see how that is goingto help the town in the long run. Right now lynching Doggin 1) saves us from lynching someone we may need later in the game 2) gives us valuable info in regards to who Doggin has been sparring with/defending/attacking. My vote stays where it is.

Same reasons I havent changed mine, but I'm obviously willing to move a vote to avoid randomness.

That is why I believe it was scummy for WE to try to link Brett/Crusher like that.

I mean, I'm not saying it's a definite, I just found it odd that Crusher would try to slow the train. Your comment earlier about it representing a "pro-town morale" or something like that doesn't really make sense to me--none of the Day one trains are founded on much, and trying to find a train based off something is only going to force a deadline on us. I might have chosen my words badly when I said Crusher was trying to convince people not to vote Brett, but he was definitely "slowing" the train. I had a more definitive post about this but it seems to have never made it for whatever reason, and I'm too lazy to bring up Crusher's quote again.

I just had a full paragraph that deleted itself here. God I love touchpads...

Even if we lynch Doggin for not having a real power, what information will that give us? I think lynching elsewhere will give us more information. I don't think it makes much sense to lynch someone just because if we lynch someone else we could hit a power role. That's ri-tarded.

how do you know he's not lying? about role or alignment?

I mean, I'm not saying it's a definite, I just found it odd that Crusher would try to slow the train. Your comment earlier about it representing a "pro-town morale" or something like that doesn't really make sense to me--none of the Day one trains are founded on much, and trying to find a train based off something is only going to force a deadline on us. I might have chosen my words badly when I said Crusher was trying to convince people not to vote Brett, but he was definitely "slowing" the train. I had a more definitive post about this but it seems to have never made it for whatever reason, and I'm too lazy to bring up Crusher's quote again.

While you've pretty much sunk your teeth into Crusher, do you feel like Song did the same thing by jumping off the Doggin train or is that different due to the "reveal".

How will we get "valuable info" from lynching Doggin and looking at who he sparred with/ defended.... when the case on him is that he isn't leading town and making cases on anyone, and is simply hopping on trains?

This post kinda reeks. Seems like you don't know what you voted him for...

While you've pretty much sunk your teeth into Crusher, do you feel like Song did the same thing by jumping off the Doggin train or is that different due to the "reveal".

I'm still catching up so give me a few minutes for that one...I'm up to the point where you all started voting for me. Oh joy!

You sounded much more sure when you were trying to make the case earlier. Not so much now.

I think all Crusher did was look at all the votes on Brett and point out that NONE of them were made with a legit reason, they were all slop votes. He was right. I agree with him 100%. I think backfilling a rationale for slop voting someone is scummier than calling out those people for making the slop votes, which is all Crusher did.

The thing that makes the least sense is that you've dug your heels in about a Brett vote, as a means to the end of proving Crusher as scum. If you think Crusher is scum, then vote him. I see no reason to take out Brett, to get to Crusher... which, for all intents and purposes seems to be the line of logic you want us to believe here.

You are basically trying to indict 2 strong players, while saying there are no strong D1 cases, ON D1!!!!

As CTM has brought up, I don't understand why Song and others automatically assume Doggin is telling the truth--at least about being a townie. While it would be silly to lie about that +1 power, confirming that does nothing to prove his alignment in my opinion. I think it's only due process to confirm Doggin's +1 power and not take it for granted, and then from there we can decide to lynch him or not. It doesn't make sense to jump off the train to avoid accidentally lynching him--the only person I'm afraid would do that is Jets Babe and she's not playing (lol). Then again if we do that someone might decide to just tip the iceberg so to speak, and lynch Doggin with the 12th vote to avoid starting another train.

I don't buy the train of thought that we should lynch Doggin because he's a roleless townie and we might otherwise lynch a power role. You can't play a whole game of mafia with your tail between your legs--you gotta go out there or you'll never find scum.

(When I use you, I mean the second person but am too lazy to actually write in the second person.)

As CTM has brought up, I don't understand why Song and others automatically assume Doggin is telling the truth--at least about being a townie. While it would be silly to lie about that +1 power, confirming that does nothing to prove his alignment in my opinion. I think it's only due process to confirm Doggin's +1 power and not take it for granted, and then from there we can decide to lynch him or not. It doesn't make sense to jump off the train to avoid accidentally lynching him--the only person I'm afraid would do that is Jets Babe and she's not playing (lol). Then again if we do that someone might decide to just tip the iceberg so to speak, and lynch Doggin with the 12th vote to avoid starting another train.

I don't buy the train of thought that we should lynch Doggin because he's a roleless townie and we might otherwise lynch a power role. You can't play a whole game of mafia with your tail between your legs--you gotta go out there or you'll never find scum.

(When I use you, I mean the second person but am too lazy to actually write in the second person.)

Here's the thing - I think every time I've been in a game with a +1 vote power, there has also been a double-voter. So if the double-voter is on the Doggin train and we take him to 11, then he is lynched.

That is why I do not trust anyone pushing hard to "test" out his claim by bringing him to 11.

As for the bolded sentence - that was one of the 2 parts of the Aemon post I quoted above that really pinged me.

You sounded much more sure when you were trying to make the case earlier. Not so much now.

I think all Crusher did was look at all the votes on Brett and point out that NONE of them were made with a legit reason, they were all slop votes. He was right. I agree with him 100%. I think backfilling a rationale for slop voting someone is scummier than calling out those people for making the slop votes, which is all Crusher did.

The thing that makes the least sense is that you've dug your heels in about a Brett vote, as a means to the end of proving Crusher as scum. If you think Crusher is scum, then vote him. I see no reason to take out Brett, to get to Crusher... which, for all intents and purposes seems to be the line of logic you want us to believe here.

You are basically trying to indict 2 strong players, while saying there are no strong D1 cases, ON D1!!!!

Dude, you take things as too "cut and dry" for my liking, if you will. Maybe that's a product of my rhetoric which I should tone down, but I just point things out as I see it. I often don't mention the probability of what I'm saying is true because it's an observation for one, and secondly it's implied by my mentioning it's day one. I'm not trying to indict anyone because it's day one. I'm posting what I consider to maybe be suspicious, and you're taking it a step beyond that.

And stop putting words in my mouth, or trying to make my logic for me. I have not dug my heels in about a Brett vote, what makes you think that? And I know that doesn't prove if Crusher is scummy or not. That's why I've never suggested taking out Brett to find Crusher's role, because "for all intents and purposes" that is silly.

By the way, nice usage of "strong" in that final line. Really drives the point home. You forgot the "elementary, watson" to wrap up the case... :rolleyes:

Here's the thing - I think every time I've been in a game with a +1 vote power, there has also been a double-voter. So if the double-voter is on the Doggin train and we take him to 11, then he is lynched.

That is why I do not trust anyone pushing hard to "test" out his claim by bringing him to 11.

I didn't consider that...good point. This is where my noobism shines through, ha.

As for the bolded sentence - that was one of the 2 parts of the Aemon post I quoted above that really pinged me.

How so? You can't lynch one person because you're afraid you might otherwise lynch a power role...leaves too much room for manipulation by scum, in my opinion. You have to take those chances sometimes, in my opinion. Granted, I'm arguing against it as the rule rather than its specific application in Doggin's case.

How so? You can't lynch one person because you're afraid you might otherwise lynch a power role...leaves too much room for manipulation by scum, in my opinion. You have to take those chances sometimes, in my opinion. Granted, I'm arguing against it as the rule rather than its specific application in Doggin's case.

No. We agree about this. Aemon pinged me when he said it...

I don't assume he's telling the truth, he could be lying, but I don't think he is. It seems to me like some people are trying to lynch the easiest one right now. That's scummy.

This is the same girl that said lynching inactives is lame yet the town got pwned by inactives last game. Oh and Doggin wanted to go after an inactive on D1 as well. JUST SAYIN'

A double voter would know he/she is a double voter, though, correct? If we have a townie double voter, we should trust that the double voter would stay off the train ... if it's a scum double voter trying to lynch town, we'd know it was someone on the list.

Not sure what's the problem with testing Doggin's claim, especially if we assign people to place the 10th and 11th votes so there's no confusion. He's most likely telling the truth about his +1 ability, but fear of him getting unexpectedly lynched while testing it shouldn't be the reason we're not doing it.

I don't see much benefit to testing Doggin's power since it doesn't really tell much about his alignment. I also don't see him lying about it because upon testing it he'd get lynched...doesn't make sense for scum to make a lie about a power like that. That being said, the power seems a lot more beneficial to a scum person than the town as a whole.

Also find the timing of his reveal a little odd. Why did he do it at 7 votes with it taking 12 to lynch him? If he's town with that role, why wouldn't he wait a little more to share that? If anything, he should be less worried about getting lynched since it's harder to lynch him. Seems more like he just wanted heat off his back by roleclaiming. Reminds me of that alt game where as scum he got people off his back by just claiming to be Doggin.

I'll take his personal issues into account though since I'm sure what he is going through is legitimately tough to keep this game in complete focus. Just on its own the way he went about it was sketchy.

A double voter would know he/she is a double voter, though, correct? If we have a townie double voter, we should trust that the double voter would stay off the train ... if it's a scum double voter trying to lynch town, we'd know it was someone on the list.

So we'd know one of 11 people is a scum double voter...not very helpful, if you ask me. Granted you might be able to piece it together as the game goes on, but it would be difficult. It would be interesting if someone was a double voter and didn't even know it. I remember the game Doggin modded (with Peter Petrelli!) there was a double voter I think that came up as two votes. I might be wrong about that, though.

I don't see much benefit to testing Doggin's power since it doesn't really tell much about his alignment. I also don't see him lying about it because upon testing it he'd get lynched...doesn't make sense for scum to make a lie about a power like that. That being said, the power seems a lot more beneficial to a scum person than the town as a whole.

Also find the timing of his reveal a little odd. Why did he do it at 7 votes with it taking 12 to lynch him? If he's town with that role, why wouldn't he wait a little more to share that? If anything, he should be less worried about getting lynched since it's harder to lynch him. Seems more like he just wanted heat off his back by roleclaiming. Reminds me of that alt game where as scum he got people off his back by just claiming to be Doggin.

I'll take his personal issues into account though since I'm sure what he is going through is legitimately tough to keep this game in complete focus. Just on its own the way he went about it was sketchy.

Agree with all of this...

Maybe this will motivate you...

VOTE: war ensemble

Dude, you take things as too "cut and dry" for my liking, if you will. Maybe that's a product of my rhetoric which I should tone down, but I just point things out as I see it. I often don't mention the probability of what I'm saying is true because it's an observation for one, and secondly it's implied by my mentioning it's day one. I'm not trying to indict anyone because it's day one. I'm posting what I consider to maybe be suspicious, and you're taking it a step beyond that.

And stop putting words in my mouth, or trying to make my logic for me. I have not dug my heels in about a Brett vote, what makes you think that? And I know that doesn't prove if Crusher is scummy or not. That's why I've never suggested taking out Brett to find Crusher's role, because "for all intents and purposes" that is silly.

By the way, nice usage of "strong" in that final line. Really drives the point home. You forgot the "elementary, watson" to wrap up the case... :rolleyes:

Heh... terrible defense man, terrible. All I have done is question the statements you've made... here they are:

Here you explain to Brett that you are keeping your vote on him, because of your suspicion of Crusher... I didn't make this up:

I've given my reason for keeping the vote, and it's based off Crusher's attempts to kill the train on you. Granted, I'll admit the origins of my vote are baseless...unless, of course, you still are Ganandorf. :P

Here you explain your initial vote on Brett was for no reason, but now your reason was suspicion of Crusher... I didn't make this up:

It must be damning in some degree for it to make me a suspect, lol. I just don't understand why some people are putting so much scrutiny that was so early day one. I'll admit to not having any valid reasons for voting Brett then.

Here you flat out explain that if one of either Brett or Crusher comes up scummy, then the other would... I didn't make this up:

One point of interest: Crusher has tried to convince two people not to vote for Brett so far, me and Doggin. His logic wasn't sound in either case, and I think he may have jumped on the Doggin train to take some pressure off Brett. Very scummy, and I bet that if one came up as scummy the other would soon follow...

Unvote

Vote War Ensemble

I don't need to see anything else from D1. This about wraps it up for me.

What/who do you think is exposed from lynching Doggin?

No the town got pwned because they were idiots last game. lol

And how many inactives did we have on the scum team?

I just don't think doggin is someone you throw into the "probably town" territory just because he throws a "Trust me" kind of post up. He's probably being honest about his power, but his alignment is entirely debatable. Just tossing him in as a roleless isn't a safe town play IMO, setting him up nice and cozy for the rest of the game is scummy IMO.

unvote

I didn't really get as much out of Brett in terms of a read as I wanted but since the train is dying i'll move on to someone I'm more legitimately suspicious of.

Vote: Jetsfan80

Last game I had him pegged as townie from day one and this game he's acting the way i'd expect noob scum to act. He was pretty vocal last game, constantly probing and asking questions and pretty much posted his thoughts as they came to him. This game he's noticeably more reticent and is hanging back a lot more. He'd vote people, make theories, would constantly defend his actions. Just the feel is a lot different from him.

Archived