Jenkins stirring the pot?

4HCrew

Yeah I read it and I think everybody's making way too big a deal out it.

Reporters know how to elicit responses from athletes that sound more controversial than they are.

SoFlaJets bringing up Jenks driving the golf cart really cracked me up - 1. you see Jenks riding in a golf cart for about 5 seconds in a heavily edited reality show; 2. you see him get injured in the first quarter of the first game of the season; 3. you read this quote and now Jenks was constantly riding in golf carts and never really working out. It's completely ridiculous.

Leberfield is reading this thread and laughing his a$$ off.

what about the cookie diet? Does that sound like a guy who is very serious about losing weight?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've said at other points in this thread that Jenkings bears responsibility if he wasn't in shape. You know who else said that? Kris Jenkins, in the very blurb Leberfield posted on his website that everybody is bitching about.

and I agree with that assessment

I agree that you can't blame Rex because we really don't know the whole program and how it is structured.

I do know that there has been noticeable increase in injuries and games where the Jets seemed sluggish since Sal Alosi replaced John Lott and that predates Rex becoming the head coach.

Who got hurt under Mangini? I don't remember many serious injuries and I hardly remember anybody running around dinged up. In 2005 everybody was hurt. Everybody. It was like 1986 with a sh*tty team.

what about the cookie diet? Does that sound like a guy who is very serious about losing weight?

you still didn't address the cookie diet

It's a legit diet. Not one I'd use as an athlete, but it's a proven way to lose weight and they aren't eating Famous Amos. The cookie diet is not the issue. The issue is that he got so fat that he needed a quickie diet to get down towards his playing weight.

it should also be noted that Jenkins "preferring" his own rehab to the Jets is awfully convenient, cause in a lock out scenario it's his only choice.

Vaguely recall that during work stoppages in the NFL and other sports, players on the injured list at the time of the stoppage are still allowed in team facilities specfically and only to rehab with team staff, trainers and doctos, the idea being they still grant these guyst the access to health care unless and until they are fully recovered. Haven't heard if there is any protocol for what happens to these guys on March 4th. If anyone knows, let us all know.

Vaguely recall that during work stoppages in the NFL and other sports, players on the injured list at the time of the stoppage are still allowed in team facilities specfically and only to rehab with team staff, trainers and doctos, the idea being they still grant these guyst the access to health care unless and until they are fully recovered. Haven't heard if there is any protocol for what happens to these guys on March 4th. If anyone knows, let us all know.

in a lock out theres no rehab no healthcare. they have to go on Cobra

You need to take responsibilty for your own actions. Motivation is from within.

If I don't stay in shape in the military I get thrown into a rehab clinic for overweight people, and if that doesn't work, they throw your a$$ out. We make next to nothing, yet we are motivated to get out there and do our runs so why can't these guys do it for a couple months for 10 million? You guys are right, it is getting real hard to root for anyone in any sport anymore.

I agree that you can't blame Rex because we really don't know the whole program and how it is structured.

Yes you can. The buck stops with him.

His strength coach and his program.

I do know that there has been noticeable increase in injuries and games where the Jets seemed sluggish since Sal Alosi replaced John Lott and that predates Rex becoming the head coach.

Way to throw poor Sal under the bus.

Dude has been playing Football for how long? Its his ******* profession. He should know by now what it takes to stay in shape and how to rehab.

Stay in shape 100% agreed. but rehabbing an ACL is something that needs to be trainer or Dr guided. It has steps and levels and at the level these guys perform it is very much a process. Getting fat is on Jenk's, but I disagree he should be responsible for rehabbing his own ACL. Plus theirs a whole defeated/ depressed mindset with injured players and sometimes they need to be helped along. Just ask Teh Falcon

Yes you can. The buck stops with him.

His strength coach and his program.

Way to throw poor Sal under the bus.

Actually he inherited Alosi so it's not his S&C coach.

I'd like to believe that Alosi wasn't scapegoated for tripgate but fired for his subpar job performance the last five years because the reality is that he has done a bad job.

What's amazing is that the Pats didn't fire Belichick for trying to trip opposing players.

So what. If Alosi was doing that bad a job (5 years? really?) he could fire him.

Also, the Jets have been pretty healthy. The OL remained intact all of 09 and most of 10.

I'd like to believe that Alosi wasn't scapegoated for tripgate but fired for his subpar job performance the last five years because the reality is that he has done a bad job.

Of course you would. Too bad reality is that Alosi wasnt suspended until Tripgate.

He was a good soldier and took the rap for Rex. But do not worry, Im sure Woody lined his pockets.

What's amazing is that the Pats didn't fire Belichick for trying to trip opposing players.

:lol:

That is just not fair-We have no idea how conditioned these athletes are to former regimes, or other teams for that matter. In fact, I would say their conditioning was reflective of how they finished games-which was generally strong.

If you believe that the Jets ultimately accepted Alosi's resignation because they were not happy with his performance-well shame on them then. They had ample opportunity to do it before this fiasco. Appearances are that Alosi took a bullet for them, and saved them further embarrassment.

Stay in shape 100% agreed. but rehabbing an ACL is something that needs to be trainer or Dr guided. It has steps and levels and at the level these guys perform it is very much a process. Getting fat is on Jenk's, but I disagree he should be responsible for rehabbing his own ACL. Plus theirs a whole defeated/ depressed mindset with injured players and sometimes they need to be helped along. Just ask Teh Falcon

I'm definitely not trying to discount the fact you need help rehabbing an injury like that. I'm saying, your a professional, you get paid millions to do a job you havent done in a long time, get off your a$$ and go get the help you need. Dont just sit around and wait for it to come to you. If you feel you're not getting proper attention, its up to you to do something about it. Throwing someone under the bus a year latter, doesnt seem very productive, when you definitely could have controlled that situation.

I'm definitely not trying to discount the fact you need help rehabbing an injury like that. I'm saying, your a professional, you get paid millions to do a job you havent done in a long time, get off your a$$ and go get the help you need. Dont just sit around and wait for it to come to you. If you feel you're not getting proper attention, its up to you to do something about it. Throwing someone under the bus a year latter, doesnt seem very productive, when you definitely could have controlled that situation.

No, he specifically said he wasn't looking to throw anyone under the bus ;)

That is just not fair-We have no idea how conditioned these athletes are to former regimes, or other teams for that matter. In fact, I would say their conditioning was reflective of how they finished games-which was generally strong.

If you believe that the Jets ultimately accepted Alosi's resignation because they were not happy with his performance-well shame on them then. They had ample opportunity to do it before this fiasco. Appearances are that Alosi took a bullet for them, and saved them further embarrassment.

It is my opinion that Alosi did a lousy job. It's been my opinion that he's been doing a lousy job, so much so that I questioned it more than a year ago right here in this very forum.

John Lott, whom Alosi replaced, is widely regarded as being among the best in the NFL at what he does.

There have been more than a few occaisions where the Jets were sluggish and flat from the get go in games during his tenure - far moreso than when Lott was S&C coach for the Jets.

It is my opinion that Alosi did a lousy job. It's been my opinion that he's been doing a lousy job, so much so that I questioned it more than a year ago right here in this very forum.

John Lott, whom Alosi replaced, is widely regarded as being among the best in the NFL at what he does.

There have been more than a few occaisions where the Jets were sluggish and flat from the get go in games during his tenure - far moreso than when Lott was S&C coach for the Jets.

Then the ultimate culprit is Rex Ryan, because it is under his watch.

If Brian Schottenheimer fails, and he is retained-That is on Ryan. Same goes for a secondary coach, offensive line coach or strength and conditioning coordinator.

It sucks to be coach sometimes.

I repeat. Who the **** got injured and missed games under Mangini? Justin Miller? Vilma? Tim Dwight? I know you are counting Pennington.

Jenkins knows dam well he will never get back into decent playing shape. Hes prepping us for whats to come. Excuses and injuries and laying blame on everyone else but himself. He needs to be an ex-NYJET sooner than later.

Oh please, when the Jets cut him you will be the first one posting "SIGN THIS BEAST!" and complaining that none of our DTs are that hot.

Why do we have to get younger at NT and not at TE?

Sometimes injured fat dudes need a little extra help.

A bit of a backpedal by Jenkins.

Interesting note from Tannenbaum yesterday, stating that since 2000, the Jets have fewest number of players in the league on IR.

That hasn't always been a good thing. They used to let guys run around with concussions all the time. FWIW, I never had anything against Alosi until he started tripping people. He was a Hofstra guy and I think his brother is an NFL strength coach too.

That hasn't always been a good thing. They used to let guys run around with concussions all the time. FWIW, I never had anything against Alosi until he started tripping people. He was a Hofstra guy and I think his brother is an NFL strength coach too.

Honestly, I don't know how any fan can really have an opinion on a strength and conditioning coach, based on what we see on the field. There are just so many variables that we as fans don't see and don't know, it is impossible to have a valid opinion.

Now, when your guy goes tripping someone and obstructs the game, you obviously have a problem. I just wonder whether he was truly instructed to do that, or did it on his own.

Honestly, I don't know how any fan can really have an opinion on a strength and conditioning coach, based on what we see on the field. There are just so many variables that we as fans don't see and don't know, it is impossible to have a valid opinion.

Now, when your guy goes tripping someone and obstructs the game, you obviously have a problem. I just wonder whether he was truly instructed to do that, or did it on his own.

You mean the tripping or the positioning? I'm sure this has been hashed and re-hashed, but I don't see how the guy could have been instructed to trip. Being instructed to "set up a wall" sure, but trip? No way. It even looked almost like a reflex.

You mean the tripping or the positioning? I'm sure this has been hashed and re-hashed, but I don't see how the guy could have been instructed to trip. Being instructed to "set up a wall" sure, but trip? No way. It even looked almost like a reflex.

You are correct that setting up the wall and the actual act of tripping are 2 separate things.

But, if you instruct them to set the wall up, you are only encouraging for them to create contact.

Archived