The Office Mafia Game Thread

I'm not gonna access the scum thread on my phone, but that was another reason I trusted Pac. Why let a town watcher live that long?

We figured that, knowing you had the role you had for so long, that we could somewhat take control of the situation. Maybe re-direct you or work around you, avoiding people you might be watching. For a while there we desperately wanted to find the SK, and later the cop, and you were one less person that could NOT be the SK or cop. You simply fell by the wayside.

Plus, early in the game, before we knew you were the watcher, I suggested that we should keep you alive for a while. You're usually an early NK suspect and the later you survive, the more likely you are to appear to be scum.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was little strategy for me there... I genuinely figured no one had an item to start (we didn't). Figured let me get my "heat" out of the way and just went for it.

and for the record I had Hess all game.. didn't you see how many times I fos'd and voted him?

You and AVM were so on to me.

Yeah, well I believed in you - that's why I gave you the Dundie. Well, that and there was NO WAY that both Slats and Pac were town with both those roles.

Flavor cop, lie detector, role finder, watcher, video camera, mallard duck, etc, etc, etc.

Shocked at how it ended. All those investigative roles. Actually I'm shocked it took as long as it did for someone to investigate me, considering my D1 reveal was that I had a envelop and I never said I was town or a role.

Lol I know! I guess JVOR wanted items to help you and scum search for each other as well. I'm surprised Pac was the only one who wanted to investigate you.

Actually I'm shocked it took as long as it did for someone to investigate me, considering my D1 reveal was that I had a envelop and I never said I was town or a role.

I noticed that when you revealed, and later it seemed like a good idea for Hess to reveal an item he had. Hess never was forced to reveal his role. Same with you. Yet everyone seemed to accept an item reveal as a role reveal.

Not to mention, we all assumed you to be an unimportant townie.

Yeah, well I believed in you - that's why I gave you the Dundie. Well, that and there was NO WAY that both Slats and Pac were town with both those roles.

Flavor cop, lie detector, role finder, watcher, video camera, mallard duck, etc, etc, etc.

Shocked at how it ended. All those investigative roles. Actually I'm shocked it took as long as it did for someone to investigate me, considering my D1 reveal was that I had a envelop and I never said I was town or a role.

Same thing happened in the Scarface game. They were saved in the end by the fusion, but the role Wombat fake-revealed would have made the game too imbalanced for the town had he been telling the truth.

Lol I know! I guess JVOR wanted items to help you and scum search for each other as well. I'm surprised Pac was the only one who wanted to investigate you.

and when Hess flipped out on me for investigating the Ape and asked why I did, I said:

"cause the Ape lies as town" hahaha...

LOL live and learn, never been a SK and thought giving a vest to a sk would make it too easy. I'm dumb.

I can kind of see how JVOR was trying to balance it. I28 had a 1-time vest usable only by him, and the town started with Brett who protected only at night, and then you had to watch out for the mirror. Whereas Pac started with the pepper spray, and Crusher was unstrangleable. And then I28 got to block one investigation I guess. But oddly, none of you ever hit a protection in your kill attempts. Lol.

I would like to play a simple setup next. :P

Agreed. Hate to say it, but we may eventually need a game where there are several roleless townies and a relatively powerless scum team, with no role reveal restrictions. Boring? Maybe. Simpler yet challenging? Yes.

lol. That's what happens when you put n00b scum in charge of submitting the kills. :lol:

Dude we would be like just talking about it right after a lynch and next thing I new you had Official NK's posted. Every time I was about to say something and then just thought, **** it, why not.

Yea yea. I ******* blew this game and the

Two items I got failed me. Nice setup. I was awful, everyone else did

A

Good job. I get afraid

To case early on because

People counter it with ZOMG VICSCUM and I

Die.

// unzips pants

Agreed. Hate to say it, but we may eventually need a game where there are several roleless townies and a relatively powerless scum team, with no role reveal restrictions. Boring? Maybe. Simpler yet challenging? Yes.

I miss normal games and the strategy that went into them. I think the crazy setups are fun, too, but I like knowing exactly what's in the game and paying more attention to the way people are playing rather than depending on all the night/day actions.

I miss normal games and the strategy that went into them. I think the crazy setups are fun, too, but I like knowing exactly what's in the game and paying more attention to the way people are playing rather than depending on all the night/day actions.

I'll mod next so go luck with that

Problem is when people get roleless townie roles they tend to lose interest. Smash has pointed this out a number of times.

Last game I was going to have roleless but then I felt bad about not giving everyone a role... especially since we've gotten used to it this year.

Archived