The Office Mafia Game Thread

Just so you know, Ape, I'm not removing the title of "Mafia's deadliest player" from under by username just yet, despite your recent performance. I did have some kills of my own this game to add to my already enormous career body count.

Hell, I think I've killed SMC alone 3 times.

I was only going for the single-game high score... sh*t, I had 3 HAMMER votes and nobody even questioned it. Hahaha... once SMC was out of the game I knew I wouldn't see one of his "who was on how many trains" lists, so I started looking for double kills.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When wwwbat got Hess, I thought there was no way were losing. He duped me good. I was hoping someone would investigate him and wwwbat picked the perfect night to.

And **** you to everyone who told me my tell theory was b.s.

Your kills were pretty predictable.

meanwhile I didn't know who we were killing until 2 minutes before it was submitted most of the game hahah. A couple times I honestly had no idea who our team killed.. It was organized chaos. Predictable.. oookk.

JiF: How funny was it that Verbal gives the mug to JiF...and then JiF uses it to take down Verbal. OR. Jim gives a mug to Pam, who uses it to take down Jim. You just can't make that up... lol. JiF to his credit, had a good beat on a few members. Scum did a good job overall though to keep everybody on town on their toes. I don't believe anyone had the whole team on their radars. He also hooked up most of the scum team and ape with items! lol.

Lily and Jetscode: The magic 8-ball was right...lol. They probably had two of the harder games to play since they were linked up, and not told each other's alignment. Jetscode made a great call in choosing not to take down Lily with him, saving the town one member. Had Jetscode been targeted, Lily would've died for sure and would've been given the choice to spare Jetscode's life.

Lily started off slow, but started to get into a rhythm as the game went on. Her investigations were very valuable to the town and kept them into the game.

Smash: Dude had a lot of creative ideas for his role. It's just a shame he never got to implement any of them. His idea may have made or break the game in the end. Is he okay, though? Thoughts with him since he had to deal with some bad weather.

AVM: Made some risky picks that didn't turn out his way. He also started off with not a lot of information, so it was understandably a tough role. I wanted to start him off with an item to help him get on track. He also absolutely NAILED Hess with intuition alone. So much so they thought he was the cop for a while. I think his track record speaks for himself, had he lasted to end game, I have confidence that he would've made the right call.

Vic: Always tough on himself. He needs more confidence in himself because we all know he's a great player. I always have respect for him because he sticks to his guns and his convictions. He gave J80 a run for his money, and really had all the townies believing in him more than J80. I'm sure all the stress you have will pay off when you have a beautiful new kid!

Yep. That's how I play. And it was a tough role, but I loved it.

I was only going for the single-game high score... sh*t, I had 3 HAMMER votes and nobody even questioned it. Hahaha... once SMC was out of the game I knew I wouldn't see one of his "who was on how many trains" lists, so I started looking for double kills.

You played great. Great reveal. I did notice the hammer votes, but I had you town the whole way. I gave you like 4 items.

CTM: Facing a little burnout. I h8 you. .. lol. j/k CTM had a turnaround game and really was one of the only ones to get Ape, Pac and Hess early. He has a tell, but I won't tell him what it is. Easy2read you now.

what's my tell?

interesting.. i haven't been scum in well over a year, not sure i remember how...

You played great. Great reveal. I did notice the hammer votes, but I had you town the whole way. I gave you like 4 items.

Jesus. So the Ape won 3 items and everyone else was just handed him additional toys. He really had us all convinced he was town, didn't he?

JVOR: Had a great game setup. He had a difficult task ahead of him with all of the 2-part night phases and items being passed around. But he did a wonderful job. I liked his recent death scenes in particular.

Wwwombat: He nailed Hess, who would've made it very deep into the game had he not been detected. GREAT call by him. I'm interested in hearing his rationale for forgoing his first investigation though, not sure I would've done the same thing.

I figured 25% chance to catch scum and 25% chance to never be able to find scum ever again was too risky for the beginning of the game. Also, my "scum team" list was all bluster; I really didn't have much of a handle on the game so I figured the best thing to do would be to preserve my ability for closer to endgame. Once we killed a few non-scum I got a little more comfortable risking the rolessness.

Jesus. So the Ape won 3 items and everyone else was just handed him additional toys. He really had us all convinced he was town, didn't he?

Yep. Its funny, but even in a game he dominated, he was still scum best friend. lol

Most Valuable Primate

Yeah. That was good. Nice work.

Another thing. I was SO happy when you mentioned that I was a pro-town role (Governor) based on my reveal. I had been debating in the scum thread whether to mention that I was the Governor, rather than let someone else bring it up, but Verbal and Hess talked me out of it.

Too bad that didn't end up saving me, thanks to Vic.

props to JiF for getting me there.. in reality though I would have and will say that as town in the future. Why wouldn't someone comment on who just got killed? I was kinda lost by all that.

meanwhile I didn't know who we were killing until 2 minutes before it was submitted most of the game hahah. A couple times I honestly had no idea who our team killed.. It was organized chaos. Predictable.. oookk.

They were predictable... you guys killed everyone that I wasn't considering. :P

Hope you all enjoyed the game! Enjoyed running it, and I really appreciate that a lot of you were heavily invested in it.

Night Actions due...never. Thank God. Thought rapture was going to come before some of these night phases ended.

Loved the game. <3 everyone involved.

Yep. Its funny, but even in a game he dominated, he was still scum best friend. lol

Most Valuable Primate

Heh. I'd give that award to Slatsy for this match. I'll happily take it back next game though.

Another thing. I was SO happy when you mentioned that I was a pro-town role (Governor) based on my reveal. I had been debating in the scum thread whether to mention that I was the Governor, rather than let someone else bring it up, but Verbal and Hess talked me out of it.

Too bad that didn't end up saving me, thanks to Vic.

That's what I get for knowing the wiki so well. And no, I didn't go look it up, like one of you thought. I did that from memory. I'm lazy. I rarely do any kind of research. I've just modded a LOT and know a lot of the roles.

They were predictable... you guys killed everyone that I wasn't considering. :P

A lot of the time Hess would say something crazy, like "AVM is 100 % the cop let's kill him!" Then when we asked Hess how he knew he'd say "oh its just a guess." lol. I spent most of the game laughing.

Well we never considered killing you till end game. you were wayyy to important to us. ;)

Yeah, that's fine... I wasn't town. I was trying to win for myself you retard... so staying alive was kinda the point.

props to JiF for getting me there.. in reality though I would have and will say that as town in the future. Why wouldn't someone comment on who just got killed? I was kinda lost by all that.

That's actually a by the book scum tell listed on one of the mafia wiki's.. Someone actually quoted it a few games ago.

Heh. I'd give that award to Slatsy for this match. I'll happily take it back next game though.

Slatsy Watsy...he's always had a thing for me in these games.

Damn shame. Really didnt think he'd vote me. My jaw dropped when I refreshed the page and it was there.

That's what I get for knowing the wiki so well. And no, I didn't go look it up, like one of you thought. I did that from memory. I'm lazy. I rarely do any kind of research. I've just modded a LOT and know a lot of the roles.

I did my research. I wanted to come up with a reveal EARLY because I knew I'd get run up quick. Sure enough I was L-2 on yet another Day 1. lol.

Commenting on the NK isn't necessarily bad it's just that if you say it was a bad choice, you risk looking like you are distancing from the kill and if you say it was a good choice you risk looking like you are patting yourself on the back. It's more of a WIFOM than a cut and dry tell imo.

JVOR that was a an awesome complicated set up. So awesome to play and watch.

Dan X thanks for allowing JiF to play in your place and awesome co-modship.

+ 1

Thanks Dan. I think she would have even bowed out if she was scum because she really just wanted me to enjoy the game and help her man mod. :)

Commenting on the NK isn't necessarily bad it's just that if you say it was a bad choice, you risk looking like you are distancing from the kill and if you say it was a good choice you risk looking like you are patting yourself on the back. It's more of a WIFOM than a cut and dry tell imo.

That's what I'm saying.. and I'm a loud mouthed punk so of course I'm saying something after every kill. Just thought it was a weird "gotcha".

I did my research. I wanted to come up with a reveal EARLY because I knew I'd get run up quick. Sure enough I was L-2 on yet another Day 1. lol.

I want to be scum with you. I do that, too.

Pretty much...but in my experience, its been very cut and dry. I've seen it quite a few times on this site. Wonder if it happens again. :D

I want to be scum with you. I do that, too.

Maybe Hess can make that happen in the next game. B) Hugs.

By the way, full disclosure, I actually asked JVOR beforehand if I could be on the scum team this game, and it ended up working out. I was yearning for the experience.

and a quick read of the dead thread and it appears just about everyone "knew" I was scum lol.

at least they're consistent.

in reality my play as scum this year has been sub par so nice to play a good one.

Archived