Sacred Thrust Mafia - Official Game Thread

Jack_D

Uh- wow. That's pretty nuts.

I really don't know where to go from here. My feelings are that scum would be well aware of this. If that's the case why not open day 1 after you got run up by basically claiming your a cop and you got scum on your first night? It' s just WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to convenient for my liking. A pre-meditated move like this is scummy to me and unfortunately I believe this is how we'll have to operate which should be mind blowing- lynch whoever we think is scummiest rather than work of game mechanics.

Vote: JC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Below is really the reason I feel JC is scum. For me he let on that he had a more thorough understanding of the game than we had talking about nurses, head nurses, anesthisologists, etc. Seemed to be a bit of a slip up which is why I voted for him at the time. People piled on him and he was at L-1. Rather than defend if he had such a townie role he goes ahead and posts this doozy of a defense post.

i find this ridiculous...enjoy

This is supposedly our cop. If I'm the cop I'm trying to do something here to slow the train down. He was willing to let himself get lynched as the cop? Then we get the follow up post to Hess's little quip about voting slats or the monkey.

We should be killing slats or monkey ftw ftr.

I agree...

UNVOTE,

VOTE: Ape

And that was about all the reasoning he ever gave. Throw in the fact he leads in day 2 screaming cop after the coroner has been killed that he's got scum on N1. It's all too perfect and as scum and you got run up why not try to run in and say you have scum when you know that you nothing is going to prove otherwise?

I say we just trust JC. Who really cares? We can lynch Bleedin and then Vic and SMC in whatever order. If he's really the cop then he might stay alive for a while since scum won't know when the doc is dead. They might waste some night kills too.

Otherwise, maybe we can just save ourselves a lot of time and lynch the players who always look the scummiest in every game. We can go Pac, JC, SMC, Slats and me in any order and either get lucky or lose the game by next weekend.

Below is really the reason I feel JC is scum. For me he let on that he had a more thorough understanding of the game than we had talking about nurses, head nurses, anesthisologists, etc. Seemed to be a bit of a slip up which is why I voted for him at the time. People piled on him and he was at L-1. Rather than defend if he had such a townie role he goes ahead and posts this doozy of a defense post.

This is supposedly our cop. If I'm the cop I'm trying to do something here to slow the train down. He was willing to let himself get lynched as the cop? Then we get the follow up post to Hess's little quip about voting slats or the monkey.

And that was about all the reasoning he ever gave. Throw in the fact he leads in day 2 screaming cop after the coroner has been killed that he's got scum on N1. It's all too perfect and as scum and you got run up why not try to run in and say you have scum when you know that you nothing is going to prove otherwise?

I don't disagree with any of this, but isn't it too risky to lynch the claimed cop first?

Didn't jc play a cop similiarly awkward in an earlier game? ... He was later converted by a mafia team with PAC on it... That being said no alignment is tough... My feeling is to vote jc as scum understanding what avm's death meant and making this play makes more sense then him catching scum day 1

gotta think some more...

We should probably kill both I think.... We know 1. Of them is scum so killing both allows us to know we are dealing with most likely 3 scum I instead of 4

Mass reveal might be a good idea too in order to identify duplicate claims...

I say we just trust JC. Who really cares? We can lynch Bleedin and then Vic and SMC in whatever order. If he's really the cop then he might stay alive for a while since scum won't know when the doc is dead. They might waste some night kills too.

Otherwise, maybe we can just save ourselves a lot of time and lynch the players who always look the scummiest in every game. We can go Pac, JC, SMC, Slats and me in any order and either get lucky or lose the game by next weekend.

I don't know how SMC got thrown in there :lol: but this is what I'm thinking, too. If JC is legit, he really shouldn't last long. Doc should do what he thinks is best (protecting himself or JC).

Just last game we ran up the cop and doc early - so it's not like this would be unusual for us.

BG and Vic were both pinging me a bit on D1, so the guilty on BG combined with the suggestion by Vic that we lynch what seems to be a claimed cop works for me as the next couple lynches.

That said, if someone else wants to try to counter JC and add to the confusion, I'm all for it.

I'm not opposed to the mass reveal idea, either.

I apologize for this zombie-esq message...but it's far, far, far too important.

JiF...I'm afraid you may have a child, and he lives in North Carolina. After my run this evening, this kid comes up to me and starts to ride his trike beside me during my cool-down. He asked how old I was, and if I could outrun a lion before we got on to things he liked. These were all the topics he wanted to talk about. All of them. I'm not adding to or taking away any subjects.

Girls, surfing, and basketball. He says all the girls love him, he's going to surf when grows up, and all he wants to do this summer is play basketball with his friends. So...yeah....

...WTF JiF

I don't know how SMC got thrown in there :lol: but this is what I'm thinking, too. If JC is legit, he really shouldn't last long. Doc should do what he thinks is best (protecting himself or JC).

Just last game we ran up the cop and doc early - so it's not like this would be unusual for us.

BG and Vic were both pinging me a bit on D1, so the guilty on BG combined with the suggestion by Vic that we lynch what seems to be a claimed cop works for me as the next couple lynches.

That said, if someone else wants to try to counter JC and add to the confusion, I'm all for it.

I'm not opposed to the mass reveal idea, either.

Agree on the mass reveal - without a coroner, I think it's necessary.

I'm ok with a lynch on BG, but I really think JC might be the scum. His defense on D1 was crap, and he's the cop? I agree with Vic - this doesn't add up unless JC is scum and knew the rules better than us.

Ok, just talked myself into going with my gut.

Not getting alignment kind of makes all interactions -- how shall I say...

irrelevant!

what brand of mafia is this??

Since it's obvious either BG or JC is lying then both have to go.

Vote BG

are we really not getting alignment lol?

I apologize for this zombie-esq message...but it's far, far, far too important.

JiF...I'm afraid you may have a child, and he lives in North Carolina. After my run this evening, this kid comes up to me and starts to ride his trike beside me during my cool-down. He asked how old I was, and if I could outrun a lion before we got on to things he liked. These were all the topics he wanted to talk about. All of them. I'm not adding to or taking away any subjects.

Girls, surfing, and basketball. He says all the girls love him, he's going to surf when grows up, and all he wants to do this summer is play basketball with his friends. So...yeah....

...WTF JiF

That was not son of JIF it was JIF himself, stalking you.

Agree on the mass reveal - without a coroner, I think it's necessary.

I'm ok with a lynch on BG, but I really think JC might be the scum. His defense on D1 was crap, and he's the cop? I agree with Vic - this doesn't add up unless JC is scum and knew the rules better than us.

Ok, just talked myself into going with my gut.

Wouldn't you at least want to wait and see if someone wanted to allude to a cop counterclaim before lynching a claimed cop?

Wouldn't you at least want to wait and see if someone wanted to allude to a cop counterclaim before lynching a claimed cop?

I agree with this.

When I voted BG I assumed we at least be getting alignment in death scenes, bad assumption I guess... I'm really not sure how Jack expects the game to function without alignments but... whatever at this point, along for the ride. I expect a full-fledged sh*t show.

Anyway, I haven't seen anyone take a hard stance or even hint at being cop as a counter claim to JC, therefore I vote BG first and assess see what happens from there...

I agree with this.

When I voted BG I assumed we at least be getting alignment in death scenes, bad assumption I guess... I'm really not sure how Jack expects the game to function without alignments but... whatever at this point, along for the ride. I expect a full-fledged sh*t show.

Anyway, I haven't seen anyone take a hard stance or even hint at being cop as a counter claim to JC, therefore I vote BG first and assess see what happens from there...

where exactly did JC claim cop ? By saying his 8 balls like BG as scum ? Did I miss this Cop claim ?

where exactly did JC claim cop ? By saying his 8 balls like BG as scum ? Did I miss this Cop claim ?

Now you are being obtuse, we can't claim any role "abilities" in this game, only role "names"... so of course he didn't claim cop.

However, I think we all collectively interpreted JC's early D2 posts as investigative results without him claiming cop, except you perhaps... did you even read those posts? Or were you skimming.... you should re-read the beginning of D2, I'm not wasting my time finding the posts he made because you are lazy.

Also, there is little to no "nonsense" at the start of D2 that you can blame for skimming.

Now you are being obtuse, we can't claim any role "abilities" in this game, only role "names"... so of course he didn't claim cop.

However, I think we all collectively interpreted JC's early D2 posts as investigative results without him claiming cop, except you perhaps... did you even read those posts? Or were you skimming.... you should re-read the beginning of D2, I'm not wasting my time finding the posts he made because you are lazy.

Also, there is little to no "nonsense" at the start of D2 that you can blame for skimming.

No dont get me wrong I found the posts that made you guys assume he claimed cop (Im not skimming at all) but I have yet to hear from him in response to those claims which are weak at best. He can say Im the Cop just like others claimed nurse Im pretty sure of that. When he definitively claims cop then I will believe it Im not going on a few peoples assumptions. What say you JC ? Are they correct ?

No dont get me wrong I found the posts that made you guys assume he claimed cop (Im not skimming at all) but I have yet to hear from him in response to those claims which are weak at best. He can say Im the Cop just like others claimed nurse Im pretty sure of that. When he definitively claims cop then I will believe it Im not going on a few peoples assumptions. What say you JC ? Are they correct ?

I see what you are saying. I think its a semantics thing... like in my case I am the Anesthesiologist, it is my role "name" but obviously not my actual role. I cannot say what my role is, or if/what my abilities are... as was dictated by the mod.

JC said his role was X-Ray Technician or something to that effect. Like I can't tell you what my role is in conventional mafia terms, I'm guessing he can't just say "I'm the finder or cop" like you are asking him to.

That said, @Mod and @JC perhaps you guys can chime in?

SCREEEEEECCHHHHH!!!!!!!

Everyone looks around to see where that awful sound came from... much to their chagrin, it was Jack, bringing this game to a grinding halt with a setup that goes against the grain, better yet the moral fiber of JN mafia... one can only wonder how or if the players will ever get over the initial shock............... .. . .. .....

:P

I see what you are saying. I think its a semantics thing... like in my case I am the Anesthesiologist, it is my role "name" but obviously not my actual role. I cannot say what my role is, or if/what my abilities are... as was dictated by the mod.

JC said his role was X-Ray Technician or something to that effect. Like I can't tell you what my role is in conventional mafia terms, I'm guessing he can't just say "I'm the finder or cop" like you are asking him to.

That said, @Mod and @JC perhaps you guys can chime in? <-------

This is exactly why I asked OP . I find it weird that everyone (or Most) are saying JC must = cop without one response from JC confirming or not/ I have reason to believe he can say Im the cop and I personally want to hear it.

The weird thing is you can say... Im the Cop, or the Doc, and its obvious what your role is but you being the Anesthesiologist takes a little thought. Im not sure why we have this restriction and im not sure why roles are not revealed upon death. Really does not make much sense better this sh*t is ironed out now that the game is in its early stages rather than later after time is invested and someone goes ballistic.

The 8-ball works better at night...know what I mean...

My vote stays on him the rest of the game regardless of any further discussion/commentary.

Hope that helps.

To clear up the conversation above...I'm pretty sure this is JC saying he's the cop.

My reasoning for voting BG has been stated. If JC's not what he says he is, we'll lynch him. But I'm all about narrowing the field early and not risk taking down a power role on D2. Plus, I dont see how scum would find this a good strategy.

To clear up the conversation above...I'm pretty sure this is JC saying he's the cop.

My reasoning for voting BG has been stated. If JC's not what he says he is, we'll lynch him. But I'm all about narrowing the field early and not risk taking down a power role on D2. Plus, I dont see how scum would find this a good strategy.

Hey Holmes I have reasons other than just JC for asking :)

This is exactly why I asked OP . I find it weird that everyone (or Most) are saying JC must = cop without one response from JC confirming or not/ I have reason to believe he can say Im the cop and I personally want to hear it.

The weird thing is you can say... Im the Cop, or the Doc, and its obvious what your role is but you being the Anesthesiologist takes a little thought. Im not sure why we have this restriction and im not sure why roles are not revealed upon death. Really does not make much sense better this sh*t is ironed out now that the game is in its early stages rather than later after time is invested and someone goes ballistic.

Like I said, its semantics... I don't expect there to be a "cop" in this game, I expect a "finder" and I expect that finder to have a role name related to healthcare. Flavor name and traditional role. So by JC saying "I'm the cop" he breaks the rule, I think... because he already said he's the "XRay tech".

If not and I'm wrong here, I'd like to know so I can clarify my own reveal further as well.

The bolded... I don't know either, its frustrating... which makes it kind of funny.

The entire issue here is that we won't see BG's alignment upon death, therefore we won't know whether or not JC actually gave us scum or if he's yanking our chains.

This post bothers me...

Archived