When will Jeter get 3,000?

Maxman

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll go out on a limb here--what has the Yankees ERA been with Jeter out of the lineup?

His replacement made two errors yesterday. It hurt the Yankees because they happened in the 9th and 10th innings. The Yankees will be glad to get his steady glove back in the lineup. Funny how people hate on hall of famers with so many rings.

His replacement made two errors yesterday. It hurt the Yankees because they happened in the 9th and 10th innings. The Yankees will be glad to get his steady glove back in the lineup. Funny how people hate on hall of famers with so many rings.

His rings mean nothing. Right now he's a terrible hitter and a slightly below avg SS who has to play every day because of what he did 5 years ago and the yankees moronic contract giving practices.

His rings mean nothing. Right now he's a terrible hitter and a slightly below avg SS who has to play every day because of what he did 5 years ago and the yankees moronic contract giving practices.

Too bad Daniel Synder isn't looking for a GM. Your understanding of statistics would impress him greatly.

Too bad Daniel Synder isn't looking for a GM. Your understanding of statistics would impress him greatly.

You're really gonna try to defend his performance last year and this year? He's been nothing short of awful. He hits grounds balls 65% of the time for the last 2 years. Line drives 11%. Do you realize how awful that is? It's the worst in baseball by like 10%. Should I get out the list of horrible players who are putting up better numbers than he is? What he did in 2007 means nothing now and they are hurting the team trotting him out there to break a meaningless record and placate his ego.

You're really gonna try to defend his performance last year and this year? He's been nothing short of awful. He hits grounds balls 65% of the time for the last 2 years. Line drives 11%. Do you realize how awful that is? It's the worst in baseball by like 10%. Should I get out the list of horrible players who are putting up better numbers than he is? What he did in 2007 means nothing now and they are hurting the team trotting him out there to break a meaningless record and placate his ego.

I am not defending him at all. I am saying that there was a zero percent chance the Yankees could have let him walk. This isn't a Madden roster. The fact that the stadium has 50,000 people per night is a huge factor. So to talk about it being a bad contract is just pointless.

They are not placating his ego. They are making a lot of money and extending the Yankee brand.

I am not defending him at all. I am saying that there was a zero percent chance the Yankees could have let him walk. This isn't a Madden roster. The fact that the stadium has 50,000 people per night is a huge factor. So to talk about it being a bad contract is just pointless.

They are not placating his ego. They are making a lot of money and extending the Yankee brand.

You know what fills a stadium? Winning. The idea that there would be some kind of fan revolt if they didn't give him that absurd contract is fantasy. Attendance is mediocre this year as it is. The only way there would be a fan revolt is if the team stopped winning.

You know what fills a stadium? Winning. The idea that there would be some kind of fan revolt if they didn't give him that absurd contract is fantasy. Attendance is mediocre this year as it is. The only way there would be a fan revolt is if the team stopped winning.

You are wrong. There would have been a HUGE revolt if they let Jeter walk. Also, the mediocre attendance that you described this year is higher than the Yankees averaged in 2002. That was after 3 consecutive world series. Sure you have to win but the stars are what they market...

You are wrong. There would have been a HUGE revolt if they let Jeter walk. Also, the mediocre attendance that you described this year is higher than the Yankees averaged in 2002. That was after 3 consecutive world series. Sure you have to win but the stars are what they market...

Maybe if they let him walk completely, however I think the perception overall is wrong how badly everyone wanted him back.

Winning games is what the fans ultimately want...and Jeter isn't helping the team do that.

Maybe if they let him walk completely, however I think the perception overall is wrong how badly everyone wanted him back.

Winning games is what the fans ultimately want...and Jeter isn't helping the team do that.

I am not talking about the dollars in the contract, I am talking about letting him walk completely. He is overpaid, he was overpaid on his last contract. That is 100% a business decision because the Derek Jeter brand makes the Yankees much more money than they are paying him.

If the Yankees paid him a few million less, it doesn't lower the ticket prices any, so I just don't worry about that.

I am not talking about the dollars in the contract, I am talking about letting him walk completely. He is overpaid, he was overpaid on his last contract. That is 100% a business decision because the Derek Jeter brand makes the Yankees much more money than they are paying him.

If the Yankees paid him a few million less, it doesn't lower the ticket prices any, so I just don't worry about that.

As a fan I really couldn't care less about Derek Jeter's brand. I care about the Yankees winning baseball games. But I guess that's what sports is about these days- catering to the casual, don't know much about anything other than Jeter and Arod type of fans.

As a fan I really couldn't care less about Derek Jeter's brand. I care about the Yankees winning baseball games. But I guess that's what sports is about these days- catering to the casual, don't know much about anything other than Jeter and Arod type of fans.

I am not saying that you should care about his brand. But that is the bottom line. And Mike is missing that part, the Yankees resigned Jeter for more than his on-the-field performance. Same with ARod, having them retire as Yankees and head into the HOF is a huge financial plus for the franchise. And that is a HUGE part of the equation today.

Rodriguez, despite injuries, age and lack of "true Yankee" status, is still a very productive corner infielder, well above average/repalcement value. Jeter, as a shortstop and leaadoff hitter, is not.

Some devastating Jeter 2011 numbers from Joel Sherman's Post column of this morning-

"His consistency in 2011, in fact, is about steady failure: 155th out of 157 qualifiers in line-drive percentage, 152nd in extra-base hit percentage, 135th in OPS."

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/yankees/proving_grounds_3FF1z7Sfna6ArV7WIft0XO#ixzz1REvFH38r

Jeter is right now Yunesieky Betancourt in terms of actaul production, and a huge a$$ long-term contract.

I am not saying that you should care about his brand. But that is the bottom line. And Mike is missing that part, the Yankees resigned Jeter for more than his on-the-field performance. Same with ARod, having them retire as Yankees and head into the HOF is a huge financial plus for the franchise. And that is a HUGE part of the equation today.

Rodriguez should enter the HOF (if he can overcome the steroid taint-questionable) as a Mariner.

What would a fan revolt look like to you? A winning Yankee team playing in an empty stadium as solidarity with Jeter? You really believe that would happen? The reality is that the media would've bitched about it for a week and no one would've given a crap just like what happened when the Yankees let Torre go.

What would a fan revolt look like to you? A winning Yankee team playing in an empty stadium as solidarity with Jeter? You really believe that would happen? The reality is that the media would've bitched about it for a week and no one would've given a crap just like what happened when the Yankees let Torre go.

No the reality is that the Yankees as an organization make more money with Jeter, than without him. That is why he got that deal.

No the reality is that the Yankees as an organization make more money with Jeter, than without him. That is why he got that deal.

I would believe this if the Yankees didn't have a pattern of being completely inept when it came to contract negotiations. They get taken behind the woodshed every time.

Rodriguez should enter the HOF (if he can overcome the steroid taint-questionable) as a Mariner.

He's been with the Yankees for more years, he has his 2 best years in the majors for the yankees and won his ring here. His numbers as a Yankee are actually better. Not that I care about this topic at all.

He's been with the Yankees for more years, he has his 2 best years in the majors for the yankees and won his ring here. His numbers as a Yankee are actually better. Not that I care about this topic at all.

His combined numbers in Texas are better than what he did with the Yankees (average).

Who knows if the Hall will even consider his steroid enabled stats, regardless. May all be moot.

His combined numbers in Texas are better than what he did with the Yankees (average).

Who knows if the Hall will even consider his steroid enabled stats, regardless. May all be moot.

There is no way he's going to have a hat of a team he played for for 3 years of a 20+ year career on in the hall of fame. You're the one who said the mariners. It would probably be the yankees even if he retired today and he's here for 7 more years.

There is no way he's going to have a hat of a team he played for for 3 years of a 20+ year career on in the hall of fame. You're the one who said the mariners. It would probably be the yankees even if he retired today and he's here for 7 more years.

You said his 2 BEST years were with the Yankees-Not necessarily so. He had some great years with Texas (and Marin ers).

And yes, Mariners is what his hat should say if he gets honored.

Dave Winfield spent more time with the Yankees than the Padres, but went in as a Padre.

You said his 2 BEST years were with the Yankees-Not necessarily so. He had some great years with Texas (and Marin ers).

And yes, Mariners is what his hat should say if he gets honored.

Dave Winfield spent more time with the Yankees than the Padres, but went in as a Padre.

Winfield was also allowed to choose.

The Wade Boggs rule has been put into place anyways.

Archived