Interesting stuff from Clayton 1050

T0mShane

Clayton was just on Ruocco and Lumberg talking CBA.

--Will probably be done by Friday.

--Rookie salary cap already agreed to (huge cuts), but they're just haggling over the fifth year being an option year. This is the last, tiny hurdle.

--Salary cap to be smaller.

--Ruocco asked him specifically about the Jets' FA situation, given that they'll have a week to sign everyone. Clayton was not optimistic, essentially saying that they'll be able to keep Cro and Holmes, but not Edwards even in the best case scenario. Clayton pointed out that Tannenbaum was one of the best cap guys in the league but the constraints of the new CBA will make it impossible for the Jets to improve the talent they have, no matter how creative Tanny is.

Also, it sounded like there's an interesting change to the cap language but they didn't really get into it. It sounded like they're going to use real dollars committed to player salaries as opposed to easily-manipulated figment cap figures where bonuses and incentives get screwed with.

:D

They're actually really good. I hate 1050 in general, but these are two younger dudes who actually talk like they're not in the pocket of every team in the city.

I like them too, actually. They actually break things down with logic and not "I was in dah buldin so quiet!"

Also, it sounded like there's an interesting change to the cap language but they didn't really get into it. It sounded like they're going to use real dollars committed to player salaries as opposed to easily-manipulated figment cap figures where bonuses and incentives get screwed with.

Agents like Drew Rosenhause are not going to be happy about that.

Tough sh*t.Those nonsense announcements of back-ended non-guaranteed deals were always an embarrassment. Made players look like rubes,and team look like liars.

I like them too, actually. They actually break things down with logic and not "I was in dah buldin so quiet!"

It's the first show on 1050 that I've ever thought could take down Francesa. I know everybody hates Francesa, but he's a listener vacuum--people listen solely because it's what they've always done. Joe and Evan is a dead franchise, Mike clearly doesn't care anymore, and Boomer and Carton are just a bad Opie and Anthony impression at this point.

Agents like Drew Rosenhause are not going to be happy about that.

Tough sh*t.Those nonsense announcements of back-ended non-guaranteed deals were always an embarrassment. Made players look like rubes,and team look like liars.

I hear ya. I like it too, if that's what Clayton was hinting at. It would all but eliminate the Carmen Policy loopholes and help the parity of the league. I'll be interested to see if this comes to fruition. What's funny is he said--I think--that the Jets had the highest dollar-value payroll in the league.

It's the first show on 1050 that I've ever thought could take down Francesa. I know everybody hates Francesa, but he's a listener vacuum--people listen solely because it's what they've always done. Joe and Evan is a dead franchise, Mike clearly doesn't care anymore, and Boomer and Carton are just a bad Opie and Anthony impression at this point.

Bring back the I man?

I really hate Boomer and Carton. So much so that I've actually listened to Mike and Mike break down Women's World Cup.

Boomer and Carton you have to ignore carton sometimes for his antics. When he stays on topic he is all right

Guest Jpf4671

Edwards vs. Holmes if it comes down to

Who do you want jetnation?

Jetnation seems to want edwards, but I think everyone can agree that the jets clearly prefer Holmes.

Guest Jpf4671

Boomer and Carton you have to ignore carton sometimes for his antics. When he stays on topic he is all right

Boomer gets annoying with his moral nonsense too, I still remember when deion sanders ripped into him about it on the NFL today a few years back

Buts its become less and less that he stays on target. I used to enjoy listening to him for 5 minutes here and there when he was on 101.5 and I liked him when he first began on WFAN. I expected him to actually be kind of confrontational with some of the guests and other than with Thomas Jones (and that was mmore just Jones not wanting to be there than confrontational interviews) its a lovefest most of the time. The guy is so desperate to be Howard Stern and buddy buddy all of his guests in the hope of being in some celebrity circle that the show has almost become unlistenable. Major channel surfing in the morning for me now.

--Ruocco asked him specifically about the Jets' FA situation, given that they'll have a week to sign everyone. Clayton was not optimistic, essentially saying that they'll be able to keep Cro and Holmes, but not Edwards even in the best case scenario. Clayton pointed out that Tannenbaum was one of the best cap guys in the league but the constraints of the new CBA will make it impossible for the Jets to improve the talent they have, no matter how creative Tanny is.

damn you mevis ! damn you to hell !!!!!!!

2192019158_7b57fe2661_o.jpg

Archived