Will the Jets Re-sign Shaun Ellis?

TNJet

I want the Big Cat to play his whole career here and retire a jet. Hes been a great one for so long, and hes a leader on defense. He could really help groom Wilkerson and Kenrick a couple years before they take over. :)

Cullen Jenkins and Ray Edwards are better than him.

First of all, no. And even if they were better options, it'd be nice to retain a veteran who knows the system with such a short time before the season begins.

This isn't Madden, you can't just bring in a ton of new faces and expect everyone to be up to speed in 6 weeks.

First of all, no. And even if they are better options, it'd be nice to retain a veteran who knows the system with such a short time before the season begins.

They aren't better than him? Really? I have no idea what you've been watching. Ellis is pretty much a JAG at this point.

Ray Edwards will be garbage if he is the primary pass rusher. Dude has played with williams wall and Jared Allen as his three other d lineman, the fact that he hasn't put up more sacks with how little attention is paid to him is sad. Whatever team overpays for him and expects him to create a pass rush will be very disappointed.

Ray Edwards will be garbage if he is the primary pass rusher. Dude has played with williams wall and Jared Allen as his three other d lineman, the fact that he hasn't put up more sacks with how little attention is paid to him is sad. Whatever team overpays for him and expects him to create a pass rush will be very disappointed.

You aren't expecting pass rush from a 3-4 end.

Dude had 6.5 sacks last year out of the 3-4, including 2 in the playoffs against the Pats. How is he a JAG?

You can pretty much throw sacks out the window for a 3-4 end. Most of those are from the QB holding the ball too long. He was just avg against the run all season.

You can pretty much throw sacks out the window for a 3-4 end. Most of those are from the QB holding the ball too long. He was just avg against the run all season.

And Edwards would help out against the run? He's a 4-3 end. And a terrible boxer.

I thought edwards was bigger than that. He IS good vs the run. Even if it's not edwards the Jets still need a better end than Ellis.

We can't upgrade at every position dude. We drafted two linemen in the first three rounds. We're not going to make a splash at the DE position with so many FA's of our own to re-sign. I bet we bring back Ellis on the cheap for 1 more year.

We can't upgrade at every position dude. We drafted two linemen in the first three rounds. We're not going to make a splash at the DE position with so many FA's of our own to re-sign. I bet we bring back Ellis on the cheap for 1 more year.

I would agree that they should go after a pass rusher first. But if ellis is the starter again that could be a weak link.

I think Ellis is gone, personally. Great Jet, but that's football. I think he's going to want one last big contract and the Jets aren't willing to allocate the money on him.

I thought edwards was bigger than that. He IS good vs the run. Even if it's not edwards the Jets still need a better end than Ellis.

We drafted a DE and he's 6-4 315. big enough for you? Ellis should stick around to show him the ropes. Screw Edwards he aint happening.

We drafted a DE and he's 6-4 315. big enough for you? Ellis should stick around to show him the ropes. Screw Edwards he aint happening.

I don't think ellis gonna take a short term contract. He wants a last big payday. And if Wilkerson is as good as he's supposed to be he should start.

You don't spend two high picks on defensive lineman and then turnaround and spend big money in free agency at the position, too. With Ropati coming back I think the only thing we do on the defensive line is attempt to add a guy at the veteran's minimum and Sean ain't playing for that.

Just think about Ellis' first sack of Flacco in week 1 last year. It was on the first play from scrimmage, and he almost killed him and forced a fumble. Thats when I knew this Cat can still ball boys.

ellis is one of may all time fave jets. with that said, I think he is a goner along with t-rich. good teams walk away from expensive old veterans. if he does a cheap deal, then great let him play. but if he wants big time starter money, see-ya

I don't think ellis gonna take a short term contract. He wants a last big payday. And if Wilkerson is as good as he's supposed to be he should start.

No one can speak for Ellis and what he "wants", so stop right there. He's been extremely loyal to us for the last 11 seasons, and Now that we are on the cusp of a championship he'll be ready to jump ship and possibly miss his jets superbowl ring? Just for more money? I think he signs on the cheap for that chance alone, then maybe leaves next year.

I want the Big Cat to play his whole career here and retire a jet. Hes been a great one for so long, and hes a leader on defense. He could really help groom Wilkerson and Kenrick a couple years before they take over. :)

Then he needs to retire today or understand that he needs to take a pay cut. He's gotten paid for a decade. Its superbowl or bust time now. If he can provide to the cause, great....but not at the expense of locking up money on him when we can lock up our WR's and possibly get Nnamdi on this football team.

If Ellis dont want to do that....then let the other Ellis replace him.

For the record, I have a football crush on Ellis. He's a great Jet....but we have a window of about 2-3 years to get this championship.

I think there's alot of bad blood between Ellis and the Jets. From 92 perspective they should have extended him last year. I see a player like this signing with the Pats, as terrible as that sounds.

I actually thought the same thing for a while, but it was reported just recently that he was saying he was hoping to re-sign with the Jets and finish his career in NY. I knew he wanted a new deal last year, so I thought there could be some animosity, but it doesn't sound like there is.

Dude had 6.5 sacks last year out of the 3-4, including 2 in the playoffs against the Pats. How is he a JAG?

No kidding Ellis plays big in big games for sure with the kids we drafted on the DL we can sign Ellis on the cheap (hopefully) and keep him fresh in a good D- Line rotation.

Archived