James Jones

Gastineau Lives

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini is "hearing" that the Jets are showing interest in free agent WR James Jones.

We never found out what caused the snag in Jones' talks with the Vikings, but it seems he's exploring other options. The Jets are reportedly unwilling to meet Randy Moss' asking price, so Jones makes sense as the No. 2 receiver.

Do we want this guy? It seems like he had a bunch of big drops last year. Balls literally going straight through his hands.

ESPN New York's Rich Cimini is "hearing" that the Jets are showing interest in free agent WR James Jones.

We never found out what caused the snag in Jones' talks with the Vikings, but it seems he's exploring other options. The Jets are reportedly unwilling to meet Randy Moss' asking price, so Jones makes sense as the No. 2 receiver.

Do we want this guy? It seems like he had a bunch of big drops last year. Balls literally going straight through his hands.

I liked him a lot and think he can fix that issue. I think the youth provides an upside to him.

Well if it's between him and Braylon, how can anyone cite the drops issue against James Jones?

I'm surprised Moss has a high asking price. Really, you got waived last year three times! Or maybe it expired the last time, I don't know, either way there was not much interest for you.

No need for this scrub, just sign Braylon Edwards.

Its no coincidence that there is literally ZERO talk from any other team about Braylon right now...the Jets got him on hold and I give him credit for waiting. Lets see what happens.

Its no coincidence that there is literally ZERO talk from any other team about Braylon right now...the Jets got him on hold and I give him credit for waiting. Lets see what happens.

Well, thats just it right...I mean, if there was a team pushing seriously hard for BE, maybe that might light a fire under the Jets...but this just isnt happening.

I know JN loves BE and he definitely won me over too, but there's clearly more to it.

I dont know wtf to believe anymore....Rich Cimini is only one who even mention James Jones and I dunno if Cimini has a clue whats going on. It doesnt seem like anyone does. All I see from Cimini is every 3 hours he tweets something about us being closer to signing Nnamdi. Hes just guessing and taking a chance he'll be right.

And I'm not surprised that none of the Jets beat writers mention Braylon either because they seemed to have something against him all year last year.

Well, thats just it right...I mean, if there was a team pushing seriously hard for BE, maybe that might light a fire under the Jets...but this just isnt happening.

I know JN loves BE and he definitely won me over too, but there's clearly more to it.

Maybe there is...I dunno but its really strange isnt it? After the year he had with us, making clutch plays. No buzz at all? Unless hes not talking to anyone else right now till this Nnamdi situation is done with which is what I'm thinking because the same thing seems to be going on with Cro.

Maybe there is...I dunno but its really strange isnt it? After the year he had with us, making clutch plays. No buzz at all? Unless hes not talking to anyone else right now till this Nnamdi situation is done with which is what I'm thinking because the same thing seems to be going on with Cro.

Its definitely strange. The Seahawks paid out the a$$ for a barely proven player who is coming off a major injury in Sidney Rice. The Pats traded for OchoCinco. The Bears arent even looking at WR's and they have nobody to throw too.

I'm just shocked really. Maybe the court thing?

Its definitely strange. The Seahawks paid out the a$$ for a barely proven player who is coming off a major injury in Sidney Rice. The Pats traded for OchoCinco. The Bears arent even looking at WR's and they have nobody to throw too.

I'm just shocked really. Maybe the court thing?

Maybe...I know he got probation but still? I mean yes drunk driving is bad and all but there are guys in this league that have done much worse who dont have half the ability Braylon has.

I'm thinking even his tweet about the jets not showing that they want him, which he later deleted, was because he just wanted to sign before the Nnamdi stuff went down and Jets didnt want to do it because they didnt know how high the bidding would go. I still have hope.

Or maybe he just isn't that good.

Not the case at all, he single handidly helped this team numerous times last season when the game was on the line. Its all about money.

As soon as Aso signs with Dallas I fully expect BE and AC to be immeidiately signed.

Not the case at all, he single handidly helped this team numerous times last season when the game was on the line. Its all about money.

As soon as Aso signs with Dallas I fully expect BE and AC to be immeidiately signed.

Yeah. And at a ransom too, because they both know how hamstrung the Jets are. Putting all of their eggs in Nnamdi's basket is good if you get him and disaster if you don't. Cro can ask for a lot more money than he's worth because he knows the Jets will need someone to go opposite Revis.

Without a doubt! My question really is what we do sign Aso? Then is there any chance at all?

Yeah. And at a ransom too, because they both know how hamstrung the Jets are. Putting all of their eggs in Nnamdi's basket is good if you get him and disaster if you don't. Cro can ask for a lot more money than he's worth because he knows the Jets will need someone to go opposite Revis.

The idea that before ANYTHING happens you're bitching that it's a disaster when they don't get him when they haven't lost anything as of now is the definition of jumping the gun. Calm down.

I mean I dunno how Jet fans wouldnt want Braylon back...he's STILL talking sh*t to Pats fans and hes not even on the Jets atm.

OfficialBraylon Braylon Edwards

@

@NYJetsSuck91 sorry about the TD catch before halftime last year and the back flips after the game.

27 Jul

Well if it's between him and Braylon, how can anyone cite the drops issue against James Jones?

I'm surprised Moss has a high asking price. Really, you got waived last year three times! Or maybe it expired the last time, I don't know, either way there was not much interest for you.

Because Braylon dropped less balls than any other receiver on the Jets with more than a few targets last year (and was actually amongst the best in the league in that category as well)?

He won me over last season, but definitely not nearly as good as JN thinks he is...no where near it in fact.

I mean I dunno how Jet fans wouldnt want Braylon back...he's STILL talking sh*t to Pats fans and hes not even on the Jets atm.

OfficialBraylon Braylon Edwards

@

@NYJetsSuck91 sorry about the TD catch before halftime last year and the back flips after the game.

27 Jul

Maybe he's negotiating with them right now.

Archived