Jets aren't bringing back Braylon Edwards

F.Chowds

I don't see why there has to be another reason. He wants more than he's worth. What he wants minus the hometown discount he's supposedly willing to take is more than he's worth. It's not like the Jets aren't willing to take risks. If there's some other issue it just comes off his bottom line. Which is still more than he's worth.

What would you want to see happen at this point?

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
we have a lot of holes to fill-TE, CB, WR DL

We had the same holes to fill when the players everybody is so concerned about losing were under contract. We went after Holmes and Nnamdi because they were the only difference-making players on the market, but since we only locked up one of them everybody wants to flip olut and plow a bajillion dollars into keeping a bunch of guys whose primary value was in having come cheap in the first place. That's what the ******* Panthers do. We haven't missed out on anything here.

We had the same holes to fill when the players everybody is so concerned about losing were under contract. We went after Holmes and Nnamdi because they were the only difference-making players on the market, but since we only locked up one of them everybody wants to flip olut and plow a bajillion dollars into keeping a bunch of guys whose primary value was in having come cheap in the first place. That's what the ******* Panthers do. We haven't missed out on anything here.

I agree-I have been saying all along: sometimes the best moves you make are the ones you DON'T make

SO we have money to pay Assmoohaw 12-14 million a year but all of a sudden we're too poor to pay a receiver who wont cost 1/2 that much? This is ******* bullsh*t and Im pissed off. He shouldve been signed last night after the nnamdi sh*t fell through. We're falling on our faces.

SO we have money to pay Assmoohaw 12-14 million a year but all of a sudden we're too poor to pay a receiver who wont cost 1/2 that much? This is ******* bullsh*t and Im pissed off. He shouldve been signed last night after the nnamdi sh*t fell through. We're falling on our faces.

I don't know about that DLJ-we're hearing he wants 10 million-way too much for a #2 WR-he is getting no other interest-maybe the Jets are waiting for him to realize this and then maybe we will get that "hometown discount" he was talking about

I don't know about that DLJ-we're hearing he wants 10 million-way too much for a #2 WR-he is getting no other interest-maybe the Jets are waiting for him to realize this and then maybe we will get that "hometown discount" he was talking about

10 mil a year is ridiculous, I would be comfy with 7 milly

Yes we are all at the fault of Aso who played the NYJETS. Tanne better do something in response or he gets a grade F from me if this roster isnt upgraded or improved.

10 mil a year is ridiculous, I would be comfy with 7 milly

10 million is unacceptable and the sooner he realizes it the better off we may all be-notice how we haven't heard his name mentioned to one single team? All we got was some cryptic tweet from him last night

Yes we are all at the fault of Aso who played the NYJETS. Tanne better do something in response or he gets a grade F from me if this roster isnt upgraded or improved.

right now we are worse than the team that was in the AFC title game, and this team will be ****in' hard to root or if we bring in a douche like Randy Moss

right now we are worse than the team that was in the AFC title game, and this team will be ****in' hard to root or if we bring in a douche like Randy Moss

Agreed and I wont fully annoit Moss a douche just yet. Rex will handle the douche factor if he does sign here.

Agreed and I wont fully annoit Moss a douche just yet. Rex will handle the douche factor if he does sign here.

I want no part of Randy ****in' Moss and his surliness poisoning the locker room.

we were offering aso like 10 m... thats why he went with philly.. said same opportunity but money spoke to him a lil more

What would you want to see happen at this point?

Rather than pay to keep the guys we hit on after they've outplayed their cost-effectiveness, let's give ourselves the chance to hit on some more. I mean, there are teams, and mostly good ones at that, that rely exclusively on the next man up to fill holes. Sanchez and Greene and Slauson were all starting by the beginning of year two, so why not Wilson, particularly given that this defense makes every cornerback look like superman anyway? People want to drop millions on Cromartie for putting up basically the same charting numbers that got Sheppard cut and Lowery demoted. It's nuts.

we were offering aso like 10 m... thats why he went with philly.. said same opportunity but money spoke to him a lil more

The articles posted here said the offer was 12 million which could go up to 14 million per.

It is fairly obvious that Rex and Tanny had NOTHING in place for a plan B when Nnamdi when elsewhere. It's a failure on so many levels. Once Nnamdi signed they should have had two or three big names under contract to fill the gaping holes this team has.

Agreed between the snacks and the drinks something went terribly wrong and they havent either woken up yet or realized it. We are screwed. :o

Rather than pay to keep the guys we hit on after they've outplayed their cost-effectiveness, let's give ourselves the chance to hit on some more. I mean, there are teams, and mostly good ones at that, that rely exclusively on the next man up to fill holes. Sanchez and Greene and Slauson were all starting by the beginning of year two, so why not Wilson, particularly given that this defense makes every cornerback look like superman anyway? People want to drop millions on Cromartie for putting up basically the same charting numbers that got Sheppard cut and Lowery demoted. It's nuts.

This.

So, if your boss is an alcoholic, he's going to go out and hold a job fair at an AA meeting, right? Woody's daughter never played a snap for the Jets.

I dont see how Woody is involved in decision making. If Rex wants the player the NYJETS get the player.

I really think the dwi did him in with the organization. It wasnt a secret how furious Woody was.

Of course. We forget so easily because it's not our job to care about employee conduct. I knew the fact that he did it at the beginning of the season would make it easier for most of us to forget and gloss over it when assessing Braylon.

It is fairly obvious that Rex and Tanny had NOTHING in place for a plan B when Nnamdi when elsewhere. It's a failure on so many levels. Once Nnamdi signed they should have had two or three big names under contract to fill the gaping holes this team has.

Good chance is, they burned a few bridges with all this. Not uncommon for NFL players to have quite an ego on them. Add to that being told you're practically not wanted (or at least being made to feel that way), and it's no surprise that once Nnamdi fell through they've had to scramble.

And Woodys family are all choir members... :rolleyes:

Great point. It's not like his family history would lead him to want his players or anyone involved in his organization to stay away from a bad life style. Not like he's seen first hand how it can end. *** hole.

LOL. Another twitter comment taken as absolute fact. Why even succumb to that crap? Edwards could very well still be coming back. There hasn't been much interest in him around the league.

LOL. Another twitter comment taken as absolute fact. Why even succumb to that crap? Edwards could very well still be coming back. There hasn't been much interest in him around the league.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS THERE IS A GOD. ALL YOU HATERS EAT CROW.

Allegedly the Dolphins and Vikings are now interested in him.

The reason why I believe it is because, like I've said in a different thread about Cromartie, Aso's agents played the Jets the Jets feel betrayed and guess who represents Braylon, and Cromartie. I know it's just a theory and it shouldn't deter the jets from making smart business decisions but right now there is a lot of hard feelings between the Jets and the agents and the Jets and BE and Cro.

The reason why I believe it is because, like I've said in a different thread about Cromartie, Aso's agents played the Jets the Jets feel betrayed and guess who represents Braylon, and Cromartie. I know it's just a theory and it shouldn't deter the jets from making smart business decisions but right now there is a lot of hard feelings between the Jets and the agents and the Jets and BE and Cro.

If the NYJETS werent gonna pay the price for Aso its not a personal thing. If you were a car dealer and had a used car for sale and wanted a certain price it wouldnt deter me from looking at another car on your lot.

Archived