Eric Smith will be our starting safety....

rollingrock49

Its well documented that I think Eric is a turd. He did have a couple of good games toward the end of the year, buth he's a turd.

The only upside to this is that he's entering year 3 in the system...he's got to know it by now and maybe they are trying to keep some continuity in the secondary.

Its well documented that I think Eric is a turd. He did have a couple of good games toward the end of the year, buth he's a turd.

The only upside to this is that he's entering year 3 in the system...he's got to know it by now and maybe they are trying to keep some continuity in the secondary.

Hes far from a turd. Vernon Gholston was a turd not Eric Smith.

Smith's allegedly unbelievable hitting power has gotten completely blown out of proportion based on one clock-cleaning hit to everyone's least favorite gritty WR, Wes Welker.

The only thing that could surpass that gritsplosion would be David Eckstein trying to turn a double play over a head-first-sliding Darin Erstad.

Smith played at another level during last year's playoff run.

He earned it.

He has his spots. People make too much of some of his personal fouls. As a side note, it's weird, fans like myself LOVED the big hitters...man how times have changed due to the new rules. Yeah he's has some really nice games in coverage and others were he's looked lost. Without a doubt this D top to bottom should be strong as hell in run support. That said he's now 28 and could be coming into his own in his 6th year. I'm cautiously optimistic he could surprise some folks this year. I actually like both Smith and Wilson stepping up and having big years.

As a part time guy. He'll get exposed in coverage as a starter NTM our other safety is coming back from a broken leg. Safety is probably the worst position on the Jets.

Correction: Safety is DEFINITELY THE worst position on the Jets.

Archived