Plaxico Tweaks Ankle...

Vudu

Expected to miss a couple of days...

Plaxico Burress misses practice

EmailPrintComments

ESPNNewYork.com

Plaxico Burress' much anticipated return to the football field remains on hold.

The new New York Jets wide receiver "tweaked" his ankle, according to coach Rex Ryan and won't practice on Thursday, the first day he is eligible.

"This is not a major injury," Ryan said.

Burress has been in camp for a few days.

New York Jets: Training camp

Here's all your news from Jets camp:

Jets Center » Blog » Photos »

After being released from prison for a gun charge, Burress worked out near his home in South Florida with several NFL quarterbacks including Matthew Stafford, Brady Quinn, Drew Stanton and Byron Leftwich. He worked on his route running and pass catching, and that experience gives him the confidence he can be a star wide receiver in the NFL again.

The Jets plan to take it slowly with Burress, knowing they have five weeks to prepare him for the regular-season opener. He turns 34 in two weeks.

Curiously, the Jets guaranteed a $3 million salary without talking to him or watching him in a workout. Ryan admitted it was a leap of faith, but he believes Burress will help the team.

"When I saw him on tape, (I was like), 'Oh, my goodness, let's go get this guy,'" Ryan said.

Information from ESPNNewYork.com's Rich Cimini was used in this report.

Per rotoworld.

Plaxico Burress rolled his left ankle Wednesday and will be out of practice a couple days.

We only note this minor camp injury to highlight the obstacles Plax faces in his comeback. When you're 34 and haven't played football since 2008, nagging injuries are going to be constant. Fantasy expectations need to be held in check.

Many were pleased with this news last night, they chose Mason over Cotchery ;)

Many as in nobody.

Nobody said outright that they wanted Cotchery over Mason. Some, like myself, said Mason is a good veteran replacement for Cotch if the rumors of trading Cotch are true.

Others said Mason is a good addition, independent of Cotchery's status with the team.

Troll.

Many as in nobody.

Nobody said outright that they wanted Cotchery over Mason. Some, like myself, said Mason is a good veteran replacement for Cotch if the rumors of trading Cotch are true.

Others said Mason is a good addition, independent of Cotchery's status with the team.

Troll.

Correct nobody said they wanted Cotchery over Mason. :blink:

Correct nobody said they wanted Cotchery over Mason. :blink:

Cotchery is a fan favorite. Nobody wants to see him go... the point here is that Mason is a fine replacement, that the fans will if nothing else respect.

Stop trolling.

We continue to downgrade our WR corps. We go from Cotchery, Edwards, Smith to a 34 yr old who hasnt played in over 2 years and a 38 yr old ANCIENT Baltimore cast-off. Im super ****in pumped! Why not sign Tiki ****in' Barber while we're at it...

We continue to downgrade our WR corps. We go from Cotchery, Edwards, Smith to a 34 yr old who hasnt played in over 2 years and a 38 yr old ANCIENT Baltimore cast-off. Im super ****in pumped!

Agreed DLJ :D Sad a WOMAN knows more about football than the troll gang here. No offense DLJ.

We continue to downgrade our WR corps. We go from Cotchery, Edwards, Smith to a 34 yr old who hasnt played in over 2 years and a 38 yr old ANCIENT Baltimore cast-off. Im super ****in pumped! Why not sign Tiki ****in' Barber while we're at it...

If we somehow signed Tiki, I think i would stop rooting for the Jets.

Tell your boy Braylon to accept less money and no downgrade will be necessary. Jesus.

Archived