ESPN Power Rankings (Pre-Season)

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How the **** are the Patriots ranked ahead of us?

Are you really surprised? The only reason they're not rated #1 is because they didn't win the Super Bowl, so they had to give that spot to Green Bay. It only makes that much more sense when you realize Clayton was the one rating the AFC East teams. Besides, let's be honest, it's better for the Jets this way anyway.

Are you really surprised? The only reason they're not rated #1 is because they didn't win the Super Bowl, so they had to give that spot to Green Bay. It only makes that much more sense when you realize Clayton was the one rating the AFC East teams. Besides, let's be honest, it's better for the Jets this way anyway.

If we went 16-0 and won the Super Bowl and the Pats were sub .500 he might rank us higher. Other than that, Mr. Mackey will always rank the Pats ahead of the Jets.

Yep.

This has been a great offseason acquisition and hype wise for the Jets. The media is splitting the Offseason Trophy between the Eagles and Pats this year (2 teams that haven't won a playoff game in 3 yrs), while the Jets keep moving along.

Heck, I LOL'd when I read FoxSports' article on how the Pats are now "unbeatable." PUBrothers Haynesworth and Ellis sure mean a lot, don't they.

Nevertheless it strikes me as odd that the media overlooks this simple fact: the Patriots needed Brady to be absolutely perfect in order to win games last year. When he wasn't, the Pats lost by at least 2 TDs a game. Do they expect Brady to have another perfect season?

24 (22)Dolphins7-9If the Dolphins can't get Brett Favre to challenge Chad Henne, maybe they can ask Dan Marino. (Clayton)

rolleyes.gif

I laughed. Then actually seriously considered it as a possibility. I think it'd be an improvement.

Yet, Miami still doing things in style, managed to choose one of the few FA QB's out there that's actually worse than Henne.

Are you kidding me?

Tom Brady vs. Mark Sanchez.

Maybe that has something to do with it?

Oh in that case, anybody vs. Henne=Dolphins are the worst team in the NFL.

Seriously.

Sanchez is a top 15 QB easily, but regardless, the best QB doesn't always win. If they did, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees would have taken turns winning an SB the past 10 years.

So far, they have replaced Braylon Edwards, Jerricho Cotchery and Brad Smith with only Plaxico Burress and Derrick Mason. (Clayton)

Is this really the best Clayton can do? Are there any Jet fans still worried about the losses of Cotchery and BSmith with the early reports of McKnight and Kerley?

In 2008, Leon Washington had 448 yards rushing and 47 catches for 355 more yards. How in the world could the Jets ever replace all of that production? Seems I recall that Brad Smith filled it just fine. Jerricho Cotchery was fifth on the team in receptions last year, and first in drops. Absolutely love the guy and wish he was here, but that's replaceable production.

As for NE, they're the favorites to win the division and should be. Until Sanchez demonstrates the same level of consistency in the regular season that he shows in the post season, that's the way it's gonna be. Two of the NFC teams that they have listed above the Jets, though -the Falcons and Saints- don't scare me at all. Jets just as easily could've been listed #5 here.

Seriously.

Sanchez is a top 15 QB easily, but regardless, the best QB doesn't always win. If they did, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees would have taken turns winning an SB the past 10 years.

If Pennington was their QB they would be a top 10 team. They won a division with him.

Is this really the best Clayton can do? Are there any Jet fans still worried about the losses of Cotchery and BSmith with the early reports of McKnight and Kerley?

Yeah, I thought the same thing as well, but left it alone. I can get questioning Plaxico vs Braylon until we actually see Plax play, but there's really no reason to be concerned whatsoever other than that. Mason has been better than Cotchery every year for the entirety of Cotchery's career and was FAR better last year. As far as Smith, I'm still trying to figure out why exactly anyone thinks 4 receptions is even worth mentioning the need to replace. Patrick Turner had a higher catch / game rate.

Seriously.

Then so is Henne. Because, statistically, they're equals. And if we factor in balls that SHOULD'VE been intercepted but were dropped, than Henne blows SAnchez out of the water.

This game is about the quarterback. That's why the Patriots went 14-2 last year. If you have a really good defense (which the Jets do) you can win games that way too. But the fastest track to the title is through the quarterback.

Look at the last X Super Bowl champions.

2010 Packers - Aaron Rodgers (Best QB (and player) in the NFL, IMO)

2009 Saints - Drew Bress (Top 5)

2008 Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger (Top 7)

2007 Giants - Eli Manning (The one anamoly, but still top 15. Not a bad QB like Sanchez)

2006 Colts - Peyton Manning (Top 2 at the time)

2005 Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger (Top 7)

2004 Patrios - Tom Brady (Top 3)

2003 Patriots - Tom Brady (Top 3)

Yeah, good quarterbacking doesn't win championships. Stick with Sanchez and watch him pile up the rings. ;)

You have Chad Henne, stfu

I seriously don't know how that little b**** isn't banned yet! Nothing about the jets should even coming out of his mouth.

He should be more concerned about chad henne crying because he's getting booed and keeping brandon marshall's "different personalities" in order!

Yeah, I thought the same thing as well, but left it alone. I can get questioning Plaxico vs Braylon until we actually see Plax play, but there's really no reason to be concerned whatsoever other than that. Mason has been better than Cotchery every year for the entirety of Cotchery's career and was FAR better last year. As far as Smith, I'm still trying to figure out why exactly anyone thinks 4 receptions is even worth mentioning the need to replace. Patrick Turner had a higher catch / game rate.

Totally agree there, which is why the Mason signing is such a big deal. If one of these guys can't carry the load, the other can share it or take it over. Plus we have Canton-bound Kerley. Just not concerned.

Then so is Henne. Because, statistically, they're equals. And if we factor in balls that SHOULD'VE been intercepted but were dropped, than Henne blows SAnchez out of the water.

This game is about the quarterback. That's why the Patriots went 14-2 last year. If you have a really good defense (which the Jets do) you can win games that way too. But the fastest track to the title is through the quarterback.

Look at the last X Super Bowl champions.

2010 Packers - Aaron Rodgers (Best QB (and player) in the NFL, IMO)

2009 Saints - Drew Bress (Top 5)

2008 Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger (Top 7)

2007 Giants - Eli Manning (The one anamoly, but still top 15. Not a bad QB like Sanchez)

2006 Colts - Peyton Manning (Top 2 at the time)

2005 Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger (Top 7)

2004 Patrios - Tom Brady (Top 3)

2003 Patriots - Tom Brady (Top 3)

Yeah, good quarterbacking doesn't win championships. Stick with Sanchez and watch him pile up the rings. ;)

24 (22) Dolphins 7-9 If the Dolphins can't get Brett Favre to challenge Chad Henne, maybe they can ask Dan Marino. (Clayton)

The fish were ranked #22, now they're ranked #24, because they suck. Your team is so bad that you need to troll a Jets site citing the QB rankings of teams other than your own. Do you recognize your level of patheticness?

Don't forget Brad Smith's 1.4 TDs per year. No way that can be replaced.

Weird. Tom Brady throws 36 touchdowns and 4 INTs, wins unanimous MVP, and Mark Sanchez ranks in the bottom 10 of starting quarterbacks.

Typical Dolphags fan...has no idea what is like to be successful in the playoff so he throws out regular season stats.

News flash - Mark Sanchez out played Tom Brady in Foxhole, in the playoffs, for all the world to see. You know you were watching, perplexed with your jaw dropped by straight and utter dominance.

You sucks at this btw. Serioulsy, you're the worst troll in the history of message boards, you bring no credibility to the table and you dont have a penis.

Typical Dolphags fan...has no idea what is like to be successful in the playoff so he throws out regular season stats.

News flash - Mark Sanchez out played Tom Brady in Foxhole, in the playoffs, for all the world to see. You know you were watching, perplexed with your jaw dropped by straight and utter dominance.

You sucks at this btw. Serioulsy, you're the worst troll in the history of message boards, you bring no credibility to the table and you dont have a penis.

His ace in the hole is that Brian Daboll is running the Dolphins offense. :rl:

He has no idea how bad his team is going to be this year.

I dont even understand where this guys argument comes from. I dont give a flying **** aboit qb rankings. Sanchez has taken us to the AFC Championship game the FIRST TWO seasons of his career. All i hear is people saying its important for these rookie qb's to sit for 2 years and learn...Sanchez didnt even get to do that, instead he took us to afc championship games on the road.

Archived