Arms Race: Jets vs Pats

hoping4ASuperBowl

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good video

In general, I'm not surprised that many of the pundits simply overlook the fact that No. 1 seeds that embarrass themselves by a 1 & done playoff loss don't rebound the next year.

The only team that comes to mind that did was the 1997 Broncos, but they only made it as a WC, so they had to win a championship the hardway.

Belichick and Brady have never had to win more than 2 games to get to the SB. If they don't get a bye, they're toast. Heck, even if they get a bye they might be toast.

Teams that lose their clutchness rarely get it back. Brady & Belichick haven't been clutch in about 7 years.

Like how they had a bye last year and got punked?

Yeah but the playoff game was thru his little chowder eyes filled with tears. I wonder if he saw the part where S Green put their post season to rest. That was a good part.

What he doesn't understand is that while the Jets may have only won by 7 points, that game was a beat down. The Pats were never really in it after the 2nd quarter started.

And as far as the AFC Championship Game is concerned, the Jets were one moronically stupid Brian Schottenheimer call away from going to the Super Bowl. If asshead calls a run instead of a pass on 3rd and 17 at the end of the first half a bunch of us would have been fighting to get to Dallas last February.

There is no way the Pats will be 14-2. And if the Pats want to go to the SB they will have to go through the Jets. I see both teams finishing 12-4. And the tie breaker going to the Jets....and in the AFCCG, Jets vs. Pats at the new Meadowlands....

What he doesn't understand is that while the Jets may have only won by 7 points, that game was a beat down. The Pats were never really in it after the 2nd quarter started.

And as far as the AFC Championship Game is concerned, the Jets were one moronically stupid Brian Schottenheimer call away from going to the Super Bowl. If asshead calls a run instead of a pass on 3rd and 17 at the end of the first half a bunch of us would have been fighting to get to Dallas last February.

Nevermind the stupid play calling at the goalline.

The Jets should have won that game...even with the horrible start. Big Ben completed 10 passes on the entire day. Go figure.

It was Pitt 24 - Jets 3 at the half, but the Jets had the Steelers right where they wanted them.

The ONLY reason why the score was that close at the end was because the Steelers backed off on offense and began running the clock down.

It was Pitt 24 - Jets 3 at the half, but the Jets had the Steelers right where they wanted them.

The ONLY reason why the score was that close at the end was because the Steelers backed off on offense and began running the clock down.

I won't argue that the Jets got the crap kicked out of them in the first half, and a comeback was extraordinarily unlikely, but you do realize your statement is simply wrong, right? At the end of the game, if the Jets defense doesn't decide to sh*t themselves on that last drive by the Steelers, the Jets get the ball back with a chance to win. Or is it your theory that the Steelers' plan all along was to not score a single point in the second half while purposefully allowing the Jets to get within one score, knowing they'd be able to convert a bunch of first downs after not being able to do so all half?

Irony.

Klecko saying the Patriots losing by 7 was not a game, despite them repeatedly closing the gap to 3, 7 and 7.

Yet the Jets only getting within 5 points in the last 3 minutes is competitive. :rolleyes:

Props to the Jets for answering every Patriots score.

Could shoulda woulda...the Steelers beat you down. If they did not try to burn the clock, you would not have even been within 10 points.

Irony.

Klecko saying the Patriots losing by 7 was not a game, despite them repeatedly closing the gap to 3, 7 and 7.

Yet the Jets only getting within 5 points in the last 3 minutes is competitive. :rolleyes:

Could shoulda woulda...the Steelers beat you down. If they did not try to burn the clock, you would not have even been within 10 points.

Boy have the tables turned. I cant describe the pleasure I get watching Patriot fans bask in the light of another teams victory over the Jets because their team couldnt do it.

Irony.

Homerboy 2 comes to the defense of Homerboy 1. What a stunner. :rolleyes:

Boy have the tables turned. I cant describe the pleasure I get watching Patriot fans bask in the light of another teams victory over the Jets because their team couldnt do it.

I can't describe the pleasure I get watching Rex Ryan beg other teams to beat the Patriots because he knows his team won't be able to do it.

I can't describe the pleasure I get watching Rex Ryan beg other teams to beat the Patriots because he knows his team won't be able to do it.

Rex Ryan has a winning record against the Pats as a head coach.

Irony.

The Pats game where you spanked us and that Steelers game where tuff to watch. The game we played the week before was sexy.

Since Rex has start coaching the Jets he has sorta done well against the Pats. Truth is it's just his crazy way to give Belli a compliment and **** with him. He's in the Stih Lords head.

Since Rex has start coaching the Jets he has sorta done well against the Pats. Truth is it's just his crazy way to give Belli a compliment and **** with him. He's in the Stih Lords head.

Even Rex Ryan's compliments are histrionic in nature. I don't buy the "taking pressure off his players" argument anymore. If you are a good team, you will have pressure on you no matter what.

I just wonder why would he need that unless he's afraid to face the Pats in Gillette again.

Win the division, home field advantage, maybe a bye - sure - why wouldnt a coach want that for his team, especially since his tenure all they've played was road games in the playoffs. While WC teams have had success lately, its not the norm.

You think the Pats want the Jets to roll through the league?

Even Rex Ryan's compliments are histrionic in nature. I don't buy the "taking pressure off his players" argument anymore. If you are a good team, you will have pressure on you no matter what.

Thats stupid, Rex ain't even got no ovaries.

I don't think so. I think Rex is a fat passionate bastard with something to prove. He grew up around the Jets, the spotlight, guy is made for this sh*t. He has you all exactly where he wants you. Belli is his bitch. LOL

Hence my use of the future tense. You beat us 2 out of 3 last year but clearly Rex is not confident in his own team if he has to beg the rest of the league to defeat his divisional rival.

It's because we're pretty much the only ones to beat you guys last year and we did it twice. The rest of the teams that played them sh*t the bed each time. I mean that Dolphins game was silly, they just put out the white flag and surrendered. Brady had 1 TD that entire game out of forty something points. The Packers almost beat you without Rodgers. I saw fluke win after fluke win after fluke win last year watching the Patriots. Some of it was skill, and Brady's a very good QB, but teams layed down for ya'll all year.

You missed his point, he needs other teams besides his own to beat the Pats. dumb dumb

Maybe the Jets should not get shutout by the Packers, score nine points in back-to-back losses to the Jets and Phins.

It's because we're pretty much the only ones to beat you guys last year and we did it twice. The rest of the teams that played them sh*t the bed each time. I mean that Dolphins game was silly, they just put out the white flag and surrendered. Brady had 1 TD that entire game out of forty something points. The Packers almost beat you without Rodgers. I saw fluke win after fluke win after fluke win last year watching the Patriots. Some of it was skill, and Brady's a very good QB, but teams layed down for ya'll all year.

It is what it is.

The Patriots deserve credit for what they did to other teams. Should they have lost against the Chargers and packers? Yeah, but they made the plays to win the game. Just like the playoffs, the Jets made plays, the Patriots could have stopped the Jets in any of their drives after closing the gap, but did not. Props to the Jets for their play.

Maybe the Jets should not get shutout by the Packers, score nine points in back-to-back losses to the Jets and Phins.

It is what it is.

The Patriots deserve credit for what they did to other teams. Should they have lost against the Chargers and packers? Yeah, but they made the plays to win the game. Just like the playoffs, the Jets made plays, the Patriots could have stopped the Jets in any of their drives after closing the gap, but did not. Props to the Jets for their play.

This right here should end all conversation about Jets, Pats, as of right now the Jets have the bragging rights, for other Pats fans to come in here and pop sh*t about we are gonna kick your a$$ this year your coach is scared of us, the Steelers beat you up, blah, blah, blah, thats just jealous pussy sh*t, that all you Patsie fans used to complain about Jets fans doing, I love how the Shoe is on the other foot.

It was the Jets losses to the Jets that cost us the division.

The funny thing about that is that it's true. We did cause our own demise (or near demise) many times last season. In the others, we lost to the refs. (ie packers / ravens)

Yeah sure, grab the ball out of his hands after he's down. The refs won't notice!

Archived