•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

~ ~ " Ahmad Bradshaw 'thinking about' the Jets " ~ ~

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#51 CrazyCarl40

CrazyCarl40

3rd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 11,335 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:03 PM

LOL.  He was a poor pass catcher/route runner so they moved him to WR?  He didn't do much, I will give you that, but he has certainly looked good enough out of the backfield.  I don't remember the backs running so many routes as swinging out and beating LBs anyway.

To be fair, Stephen Hill is both of these things and the Jets still drafted him in the second round.  Doesn't exactly make you think that the Jets are a good judge of talent and what guys are and are not capable of doing.  McKnight is a good kick returner.  That's about it.

#52 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:22 PM

I think that they intended to.  McKnight was hurt almost the entire year.  He came back and tried to tough it out, but he was dealing with that lingering high ankle sprain most of the year.  Near the end of the season he had migraine problems.  He was dealing with hamstring problems through camp and to the start of the season. The hamstring and a shoulder stinger he got fighting with the RB coaches kid let Powell jump him in the first place.  Then there were the weeks he had to practice at WR and CB because of injuries.  Pretty much a lost season.  He is the one guy that seems tailor made for Mornhinweg.

The whole being asked to play at CB was fun, but ridiculous. I almost put it as a sign of the coaching staff seeing him as a throwaway, instead of a potential threat.

#53 slats

slats

9 5/8" hands

• Moderators
  • 19,311 posts
  • LocationAcross the Universe

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

He wasn't in 2009. He was slightly better than a washed up LT in 2010. None of that really means anything. If you like a RB with no speed, no elusiveness and no ability to catch the ball out of the backfield then Shonn Greene is your man!

Moot point. Greene's a UFA who's unlikely to return.

back in my room
wish you were dead
you bawl like the baby
in Eraserhead

#54 JetsFanInDenver

JetsFanInDenver

Franchise Player

• Members
  • 7,878 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Sign him. He could be this season's Plaxico. A thankless turd who will have limited impact.

#55 kelly

kelly

is dancing w/ the devil ~

• Members
  • 2,217 posts
  • Locationdunwoody, ga ! !

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Just what we need another over paid over the hill crock. Sign him up...

~ ~ now that you put it THAT way...i'm in ! ! :beer:

i ♥ u guys :P.. ...cheers ~ ~

#56 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:16 AM

Their best deep threat was out most of the season so that really isn't a great argument. He's avg'ed 4.6 yards for his whole career too. 

Who cares what he averaged for his career.  Are these corny stats all your concerned about? Have you watched him play before? He's a slight upgrade to Greene, SLIGHT! Not a game changer, not gonna be leading us to victory either.  Annnd I'm not saying Greene is either or Powell.  But why bring over Giant trash when we have a back like Powell who would do an equally good job as a Bradshaw would next season? 

You can’t fly with eagles when you keep walking with turkeys

#57 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Who cares what he averaged for his career.  Are these corny stats all your concerned about? Have you watched him play before? He's a slight upgrade to Greene, SLIGHT! Not a game changer, not gonna be leading us to victory either.  Annnd I'm not saying Greene is either or Powell.  But why bring over Giant trash when we have a back like Powell who would do an equally good job as a Bradshaw would next season? 

LOL

Tank for Teddy.

#58 Joe Jets fan

Joe Jets fan

not sure

• Members
  • 819 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Everyone does realize that the new offense is all about throwing the ball to the RB in space right??  Look at the Eagles RB the past 10 years, they all are fast and can catch.  No way we add a plodding up the middle RB.  We are going to add by draft or FA a fast RB that can catch and make poeple miss in the open field. 

I have never been a big Reggie Bush fan but he looks to be the perfect RB for the new offense.  Just saying.

#59 #27TheDominator

#27TheDominator

Forza Rhinos!

• Members
  • 27,451 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:38 AM

I would just like to say, for the record, that I prefer corny stats to all other stats. 

by Angel crazy with over 3000 post some day 

#60 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

Everyone does realize that the new offense is all about throwing the ball to the RB in space right??  Look at the Eagles RB the past 10 years, they all are fast and can catch.  No way we add a plodding up the middle RB.  We are going to add by draft or FA a fast RB that can catch and make poeple miss in the open field. 

I have never been a big Reggie Bush fan but he looks to be the perfect RB for the new offense.  Just saying.

1000% agree on bush.  Throw some hot sauce on him and maybe he'll sign for cheap

#61 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

LOL

No LOL, Bradshaw really isn't that good. 

#62 unbanmadmike1

unbanmadmike1

rebanmadmike1

• Members
  • 3,075 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

No LOL, Bradshaw really isn't that good. 

It's hard to have an argument with someone who says that a player's factual performance doesn't matter because... well i should take your word for it.

Tank for Teddy.

#63 pointman

pointman

sandwiches are good.

• Members
  • 6,306 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Jacobs, now Bradshaw. These Giant rejects think they can all just talk their way onto our team. GTFO.

#64 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

1000% agree on bush.  Throw some hot sauce on him and maybe he'll sign for cheap

it's ALL about $ w/ him.  i doubt he'll sign on the cheap...unless no one else offers him more $ :winking0001:

cheers ~ ~

:cheer:

#65 stugotz81

stugotz81

2nd Year Veteran

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:09 AM

It's hard to have an argument with someone who says that a player's factual performance doesn't matter because... well i should take your word for it.

your the only one arguing here, bruh. 

#66 Churchill

Churchill

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationLondon, England Circa 1945

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

I wish to inform the gathered masses, that I am currently thinking about having a nice cup of Earl Grey.

That is all.

Posted Image
Killing the Hun, Protecting Civilization.
So bad, we can name our tanks "Matilda".

#67 kelly

kelly

• Members
  • 2,217 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

I wish to inform the gathered masses, that I am currently thinking about having a nice cup of Earl Grey.

That is all.

cheers ! !

:beer:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users