If The Jets Start 1-9....

Warfish

Warfish, you act as if the Jets going 1-9 somehow strengthens your argument for Idzik getting to stay another year. It does not. It weakens it. People are capable of not liking Idzik AND not liking Rex. Just because some people like Rex and don't like Idzik doesn't make them wrong that Idzik is doing a sh*tty job.

Once you figure that out, you'll probably stop posting such stupid threads.The irony here is that your support of Idzik is just as dumb as the fans who blindly support Rex. Rex at least has had some success here, and has sustained a job since then by living off its equity. Idzik has had none.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rex fans

Rexophiles

Rex supports

lol - I'm a Jets fan who wants to see his Head Coach succeed.  Shame on me.  At least there are the better fans around here who are soooo much more knowledgeable to keep us Rexophiles (my favorite one) in check.

Reply #1:  I want the great kid with down syndrome down the street to succeed too......I'm still not hiring him as the Head Coach of the New York Jets.

Reply #2:  If you want the TEAM to succeed (as opposed to "wanting the Head Coach to succeed, i.e. wanting Rex to succeed") then you should want Rex fired at years end and replaced, because Rex isn't succeeding and isn't going to succeed, and if you haven't seen enough in six years to understand that, well......

I care about one thing.  Titles for the New York Jets. 

I don't care who the Coach is that wins them, I just want the best guy for the job (who isn't a rapist/murderer/child molester/etc.).

Rex will never be it, no matter how many "he's just like Bill Cowher if we only wait" fantasies some mediocrity-lov'in Jets Fans may have.

Warfish, you act as if the Jets going 1-9 somehow strengthens your argument for Idzik getting to stay another year. It does not. It weakens it.

Don't mistake me for a Idzik > Team guy. If a better GM is available, Idzik should be fired as well. I'd happily hand Idzik his walking papers if a better guy was there to be had.

But hey, if deflecting from Rex's six years of failure to Idzik (here for a year and half thus far) makes you feel better about those six years of constantly declining failure, 2 GM's, 5 QB's, 123 CB's, 3 O-Co's, 3 D-Co's,etc. have at it.

One wonders how many GM's it'd take to get a "successful" Rex Ryan. My guess is 15. Maybe 20. By his 20th GM, he'll finally have all he needs to win 10 games in this league, surely.

People are capable of not liking Idzik AND not liking Rex.

Except as this thread shows, a lot of folks don't just like Rex, they want to keep Rex (forever it seems, as long as he "gets the most out of his talent").

Once you figure that out, you'll probably stop posting such stupid threads.

Trying to find out why a 4-year loser coach, sitting at 1-9, engenders such love and loyalty will never be a stupid question.

Reply #1:  I want the great kid with down syndrome down the street to succeed too......I'm still not hiring him as the Head Coach of the New York Jets.

Reply #2:  If you want the TEAM to succeed (as opposed to "wanting the Head Coach to succeed, i.e. wanting Rex to succeed") then you should want Rex fired at years end and replaced, because Rex isn't succeeding and isn't going to succeed, and if you haven't seen enough in six years to understand that, well......

I care about one thing.  Titles for the New York Jets. 

I don't care who the Coach is that wins them, I just want the best guy for the job (who isn't a rapist/murderer/child molester/etc.).

Rex will never be it, no matter how many "he's just like Bill Cowher if we only wait" fantasies some mediocrity-lov'in Jets Fans may have.

Oh ok, I got it...so if I want the team to win the simple answer is fire the Head Coach.  Problem solved.  So easy.  Duh.  It will be peaches and cream with the next Head Coach.  haha

Truth is, I want Rex fired because the same issues still surface with this team but what I really want is for a miraculous turn around that leads to a Super Bowl.  So, until the day that he is fired, I'll support him because he's the Head Coach of the Jets and I will defend him when people say stupid sh*t that isnt true.

If that makes me a Rexophile and you the better smarter awesomest fan who wont stand for mediocrity sitting on his couch screaming at the TV/monitor, cool.

Oh ok, I got it...so if I want the team to win the simple answer is fire the Head Coach.  Problem solved.  So easy.  Duh.  It will be peaches and cream with the next Head Coach.  haha

Truth is, I want Rex fired because the same issues still surface with this team but what I really want is for a miraculous turn around that leads to a Super Bowl.  So, until the day that he is fired, I'll support him because he's the Head Coach of the Jets and I will defend him when people say stupid sh*t that isnt true.

If that makes me a Rexophile and you the better smarter awesomest fan who wont stand for mediocrity sitting on his couch screaming at the TV/monitor, cool.

Just as long as  you're not happy with him getting the most out of his players...that's an absurd characteristic to want out of your head coach.

Two weeks ago, Peyton Manning threw for 479 yds and 4 TD's against Patrick Peterson and Antonio Cromartie.

Then, a week later, that big ole' know nothing head coach for the New York Jets faced him with a street FA and an UDFA journeyman and Peyton blew up for 237 passing yards and 3 TD's.  Big ole dummy!!

Don't mistake me for a Idzik > Team guy. If a better GM is available, Idzik should be fired as well. I'd happily hand Idzik his walking papers if a better guy was there to be had.

But hey, if deflecting from Rex's six years of failure to Idzik (here for a year and half thus far) makes you feel better about those six years of constantly declining failure, 2 GM's, 5 QB's, 123 CB's, 3 O-Co's, 3 D-Co's,etc. have at it.

One wonders how many GM's it'd take to get a "successful" Rex Ryan. My guess is 15. Maybe 20. By his 20th GM, he'll finally have all he needs to win 10 games in this league, surely.

Except as this thread shows, a lot of folks don't just like Rex, they want to keep Rex (forever it seems, as long as he "gets the most out of his talent").

Trying to find out why a 4-year loser coach, sitting at 1-9, engenders such love and loyalty will never be a stupid question.

6 years of failure. lets think about that for a sec. hmmm. nope. you are on a roll. keep up the good work

If the Jest go 1-9, then they will reel off 6 wins in a row to "finish the season strong", thereby creating reservation about shltcanning Rex.

I think it's probably time for Rex to mosey on.  What tips the scale for me is that if Rex is such a defensive genius, then why the hell don't the Jest have an all out dominate, kick you right in the fvcking teeth, defense?  This defense is soft, and that is unacceptable.  Nothing like the Ravens D of the 2000's that I expected would be the Jest defense when Rex got here.

yes, the back end of the defense is really soft. rex should have never signed/drafted those players

Just as long as  you're not happy with him getting the most out of his players...that's an absurd characteristic to want out of your head coach.

Two weeks ago, Peyton Manning threw for 479 yds and 4 TD's against Patrick Peterson and Antonio Cromartie.

Then, a week later, that big ole' know nothing head coach for the New York Jets faced him with a street FA and an UDFA journeyman and Peyton blew up for 237 passing yards and 3 TD's.  Big ole dummy!!

I expect the worst Head Coach in the league with the worst roster in the league be at least north of .500.  That's reasonable.  Especially when facing, Cutler, Stafford, Rivers, Manning and Brady in consecutive weeks.   

yes, the back end of the defense is really soft. rex should have never signed/drafted those players

I can see it now,

Idzik: hey Rex...do you want any of these FA corners out there?  Some sexy names to pursue.

Rex: no John....you found me Darren Walls and Philip Adams.  We're golden. 

Yes, if you want a Super Bowl title, IMO and based on the facts to-date, Rex Ryan is not the man to do it in New York.

No, it won't be "peaches and cream" with our new coach in 2015, first because we have no idea who he will be (and Idzik could **** it up) and second, because no Head Coach is ever Peaches and Cream, even HOF'ers. 

But it could and should be better, with better odds of postseason appearances and title drives, yes.

I'm not "screaming", more like standing open-mouthed and agape, truly boggled at the degree of Pro-Rex-keep-Rex-it's-everyone-else's-fault-Rex-rules love here at JN.   I just don't get what engenders such loyalty and faith in Rex for some here.

I guess going 1-6 (and maybe 1-9) only bothers some folks enough to fire everyone BUT Rex.  /shrug

I wish I was rooting for them to fail, 'cause then I'd be enjoying the season a lot more.

Luckily, soon, our highly skilled GM will be picking his very own head coach. Next year is gonna be awesome!

I root for the team to fail so I can be right forever.

BTW, on a serious note, is Sperm Edwards ok?

I can see it now,

Idzik: hey Rex...do you want any of these FA corners out there? Some sexy names to pursue.

Rex: no John....you found me Darren Walls and Philip Adams. We're golden.

Rex wanted Revis and DRC, which would have cost you $19 mil this year alone.

I root for the team to fail so I can be right forever.

For the record, I (almost) never root against the team.

I've not once rooted against Rex on a Gameday Sunday. 

The only exception where I'm "ok" with a loss, is late in a totally lost season, where a great draft pick might be involved.....in that case, I don't root to lose per se, but I don't cry if they drop the last game to fall to 4-12 and get a better pick, given that 5-11 doesn;t exactly do a lot of good tbh.

Fair enough. But there are 12 year old children who could have blindly picked names out of hat who would have had more success than Idzik, so your argument of "find me a better GM" is weak. Rex sucks. Idzik sucks. The Janitors suck. Light the building on fire and start over.

For the record, I (almost) never root against the team.

I've not once rooted against Rex on a Gameday Sunday.

The only exception where I'm "ok" with a loss, is late in a totally lost season, where a great draft pick might be involved.....in that case, I don't root to lose per se, but I don't cry if they drop the last game to fall to 4-12 and get a better pick, given that 5-11 doesn;t exactly do a lot of good tbh.

Ahhh, I agree. However, I was mocking those that formerly defended Rex very vocally by attacking anyone who questioned his ability using the ol' "why do you hate the Jets?" canard.

Ahhh, I agree. However, I was mocking those that formerly defended Rex very vocally by attacking anyone who questioned his ability using the ol' "why do you hate the Jets?" canard.

I love the Jets and will absolutely root against them for the rest of the season. Going 7-9 or 8-8 helps nobody. It's lipstick on a pig. We need a complete overhaul and that will not happen if we meddle in the midst of mediocrity. Until we rip this up and start over, I will reluctantly but actively root against this team. 

I love the Jets and will absolutely root against them for the rest of the season. Going 7-9 or 8-8 helps nobody. It's lipstick on a pig. We need a complete overhaul and that will not happen if we meddle in the midst of mediocrity. Until we rip this up and start over, I will actively root against this team.

Extend Bohanon!

I can see it now,

Idzik: hey Rex...do you want any of these FA corners out there?  Some sexy names to pursue.

Rex: no John....you found me Darren Walls and Philip Adams.  We're golden. 

he obv can't spot talent see eric smith, geno smith, mark suckchez,john connor, kyle wilson, and many many others he is so full of himself he prob thought he could turn walls and adams into revis or cromartie.

Rex wanted Revis and DRC, which would have cost you $19 mil this year alone.

DRC sucks and would have been a dumb signing.  He's sucked hard on the Giants.  Why we didn't resign Revis or at the very least resign Cro who was on good terms with the owner and coach is beyond my comprehension.  As in the words of Warfish's "Go IDZIK!"

I expect the worst Head Coach in the league with the worst roster in the league be at least north of .500.  That's reasonable.  Especially when facing, Cutler, Stafford, Rivers, Manning and Brady in consecutive weeks.   

I can't think of any reason as to why they should have a single loss at this point...The Jets are the only team that has allowed any of those QB's to play well, and Rex has great defensive players all over the field.

I can't think of any reason as to why they should have a single loss at this point...The Jets are the only team that has allowed any of those QB's to play well, and Rex has great defensive players all over the field.

Rex has eight first round picks on defense, a second rounder and a third. Sorry that they haven't  become great. You might want to ask the defensive-genius-slash-player's-coach about that.

Rex has eight first round picks on defense, a second rounder and a third. Sorry that they haven't  become great. You might want to ask the defensive-genius-slash-player's-coach about that.

Right...so if Rex was handed a bunch of Dorian Boose's and Vernon Gholston's, it would be his fault that they're not quality NFL players.  I get it, there are a lot of Jets fans who hate Rex.  I've honestly gone back and forth several times on him already this year.  One day I want him gone, one day I'm not sure, one day I want him here.  Then I take emotion out of if and look at the roster and ask myself what could possibly be asked of any NFL coach with his roster and the schedule they have.  Honestly, I would have expected them to be losing every game by a minimum of three touchdowns.  That's not happening.  He has Patch Adams and Darrin Walls outplaying Patrick Peterson and Antonio Cromartie head-to-head against Peyton Manning.  I just can't ignore that.

Right...so if Rex was handed a bunch of Dorian Boose's and Vernon Gholston's, it would be his fault that they're not quality NFL players.  I get it, there are a lot of Jets fans who hate Rex.  I've honestly gone back and forth several times on him already this year.  One day I want him gone, one day I'm not sure, one day I want him here.  Then I take emotion out of if and look at the roster and ask myself what could possibly be asked of any NFL coach with his roster and the schedule they have.  Honestly, I would have expected them to be losing every game by a minimum of three touchdowns.  That's not happening.  He has Patch Adams and Darrin Walls outplaying Patrick Peterson and Antonio Cromartie head-to-head against Peyton Manning.  I just can't ignore that.

Here's the leap you're making, and I've given the phenomenon the name "Ryan Parachute Complex." You make the assumption that Rex parachutes in to the Jets facility every September and--boom--there's the team he has to coach, as if he had nothing to do with how the roster was constructed and how those players perform on the NFL level. You're eating a bad omelet and blaming the chicken instead of the chef. 

Here's the leap you're making, and I've given the phenomenon the name "Ryan Parachute Complex." You make the assumption that Rex parachutes in to the Jets facility every September and--boom--there's the team he has to coach, as if he had nothing to do with how the roster was constructed and how those players perform on the NFL level. You're eating a bad omelet and blaming the chicken instead of the chef. 

Okay, and here's the leap you're making, that both GM's he's worked under have allowed him to hand select all of his own players.  I'm not in the war room, and you're not in the war room.  I don't know, and you don't know.  However,  you want Rex gone so  you pin all the bad on him and assume he's  making the picks.  If Rex  had as much power as the Rex haters want us to believe he does, why would choose to ignore the most  important position in his defense in free-agency?  Or does he only wield endless power in the draft room and then isn't allowed to make any decisions when it comes to established NFL players?  It's a leap that makes no sense and contradicts itself IMO.

Okay, and here's the leap you're making, that both GM's he's worked under have allowed him to hand select all of his own players.  I'm not in the war room, and you're not in the war room.  I don't know, and you don't know.  However,  you want Rex gone so  you pin all the bad on him and assume he's  making the picks.  If Rex  had as much power as the Rex haters want us to believe he does, why would choose to ignore the most  important position in his defense in free-agency?  Or does he only wield endless power in the draft room and then isn't allowed to make any decisions when it comes to established NFL players?  It's a leap that makes no sense and contradicts itself IMO.

Rex didn't want Revis, DRC, or Emmanuel Sanders.

Rex didn't want Revis, DRC, or Emmanuel Sanders.

Why would he?  They were out there but Rex knows defense so he insisted they do whatever it took to get Dmitri Patterson.  Lack of talent is totally on Rex.

This is the same argument you would have applied to Mike Singletary's 49ers teams. 

This is the same argument you would have applied to Mike Singletary's 49ers teams. 

I honestly don't recall how many games he won against HOF QB's in the playoffs on the road, but if he had a Mark Sanchez type of QB to do it with, then you're 100% right. 

Archived