Nate Allen, anyone?

jack48

Haha.  I remember him being described as a good ballhawking safety coming out of South Florida who kept his nose clean.  Then I check rotoworld and first blurb is that he was arrested for indecent exposure based on a claim by a 16 year old girl.  Ouch.  Seems he was cleared and the girl changed her story a bunch.  FWIW, most of the rest of the blurbs were about how he has been a disaster in Philly and is one of the worst starting safeties in the league.  The Eagles D sucked when Bowles was there, so I am not sure what to take from it.  He was the secondary coach of that dream team secondary when Assomugha and DRC were exposed. 

Personally I think Antonio Allen will have a good year in Bowles D. He played the Spur, hybrid LB S in collage, which Bowles likes in his scheme.

He played corner for a while with us last year the kids got some covers skills. It was Rex's love of Dawan Landry that blow my stack off. The Guy made zero plays, and was part of the "Rex's boys" Club. Also no to Allen, I think Jaiquawn Jarrett played well when given a shot.

He's going to be cheap.  If Bowles likes him, why not?  I'm sure he'll cost less than Landry did and he wouldn't have the kind of contract that would demand starting.  FWIW, a bunch of people here are high on Jarrett, but Jarrett was a 2nd rounder in Philly in 2011 and Bowles was the secondary coach when they cut him the following summer. I would not think it so likely Jarrett with be back.  He is an RFA, and defensive player of the week once, so I guess they may tender him.  There was some talk of him being hurt with Philly which also may have contributed to his being cut.

Really?? can't believe this is the first its being mentioned. Damn.

Didn't you read up on the guy?  He was secondary coach in Philly in 2012.  Team was in a shambles and they dumped Castillo and promoted Bowles to DC mid-season.  Fired some other defensive staff too.  They didn't fare much better, but apparently he was highly respected cause Arizona hired him as full-time DC the following season.  I'm not sure why Reid didn't take him to KC.  Reid may have wanted him, but not for DC and went with Sutton.  Below link is to an article about Bowles time in Philly.

http://nbcphiladelphia.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/jets-coach-todd-bowles-reflects-time-eagles?extpar=csnph

Didn't you read up on the guy?  He was secondary coach in Philly in 2012.  Team was in a shambles and they dumped Castillo and promoted Bowles to DC mid-season.  Fired some other defensive staff too.  They didn't fare much better, but apparently he was highly respected cause Arizona hired him as full-time DC the following season.  I'm not sure why Reid didn't take him to KC.  Reid may have wanted him, but not for DC and went with Sutton.  Below link is to an article about Bowles time in Philly.

http://nbcphiladelphia.csnphilly.com/football-philadelphia-eagles/jets-coach-todd-bowles-reflects-time-eagles?extpar=csnph

I have to admit I didn't really do the math. Thanks for the info, and the link. 

Archived