The film room breaks down Marcus mariota vs Florida state

Persiussa

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets would have been better off if they had drafted Kelvin Benjamin instead of Pryor.... Ah the Beauty of hindsight.  I do not remember people on this board clammoring for Bridgewater at that pick.  Come on now....

There were many of us on Jetsinsider saying, "keep taking QBs until you find one"

Jets had 12 picks, they could have moved into position to take Bridgewater without taking him in the 1st.

In hindsight we look like f*cking geniuses!

Again, this is not rocket science!

Mariota is a Kapernick clone I been saying this for the longest, now ask yourself is Kapernick a franchise QB in your opinion?

There is no such thing as a clone. Kaepernick probably has a stronger arm but he's a box of rocks. Intangibles and mental make up are almost being completely disregarded here imo. And it's the difference between Tom Brady and Chad Henne.

There is no such thing as a clone. Kaepernick probably has a stronger arm but he's a box of rocks. Intangibles and mental make up are almost being completely disregarded here imo. And it's the difference between Tom Brady and Chad Henne.

great point I'm  not disagreeing but when I watched the film there traits are similar I love watching Oregan games ,there persona not too much Kapernick is cocky,Mariota is laid back & calm so I see why you don't agree with the comparison.

Well at least we can agree that we disagree with each others logic.

Because I really disagree with the logic of picking a QB with the 6th pick overall that you know cannot play football at an NFL level this year, hoping he will be good next year. 

Look I am not a fan of Hiesman winning QBs because for the most part they end up being busts in the NFL... If I had to draft one I would want the one that played in a pro style offense in college, the problem is Mariota is the other one....

I think very few QB's are really ready to go year 1.

I am all in favor of sitting him for a year, or at least 12 games or so.  Maybe let him get his feet wet the last month of the season.  Yes, Peyton and Luck were able to start year one, but a lot of great QB's benefitted from sitting initally.  It's not even like when we had Sanchez, and he could hand the ball off and let the D keep us in the game.

I think very few QB's are really ready to go year 1.

I am all in favor of sitting him for a year, or at least 12 games or so.  Maybe let him get his feet wet the last month of the season.  Yes, Peyton and Luck were able to start year one, but a lot of great QB's benefitted from sitting initally.  It's not even like when we had Sanchez, and he could hand the ball off and let the D keep us in the game.

i hear you, but as I have said if I am picking a project player I would prefer to do that later in the draft.  If I want a one read, can't take a snap from under center QB with a live arm, I can get Bryce Petty in the 4th for that...  I think the Jets have needs and I would rather have at the 6th overall pick on the draft an o- lineman in Scherff or  a wide out like either Cooper or White who can contribute (and by contribute I mean start) immediately. 

Archived