Chris Carter and Warren Sapp to NFL rookies: Get a fall guy!

Klecko73isGod

Always wondered why more don't do this. Pay one of your hommies $100k a year to carry your guns, weed, and drive them everywhere.  If they end up taking the fall, they get double pay for time spent in joint.

This is the same Chris Carter who was telling all how Geno should act inside the locker room. 

I believe Carter's complete quote was "look, I don't know what happened but this is due to Geno's lack of leadership."

I guess because Geno didn't have a fall guy for I.K. to hit that means he's not a "leader" in Carter's twisted book. 

Things like this are just embarrassing for the NFL.  

Think if NFL superstars, ones who were in trouble themselves, like Carter, are advising players to get a fall guy what does that say for the league?

From teams blatently cheating to this you can see the very roots of rot within the league. And what is sad is that this is destroying a great game. 

Good Grief!!

I think you guys are missing the point. Chris Carter isn't really advising these kids to get a "Fall Guy" so to speak. He was basically telling these guys that they should do the right thing and stay out of trouble because of all the people who could be effected by 1 simple mistake. Since he realizes that all these guys are not going to follow the straight and narrow, he basically gave them an out so to speak.

Drop the entourage and stay clean.

Keep the entourage and protect yourself by having an out.

He didn't tell these guys anything that the hard core talent in the audience didn't know. It's the innocent folks in the room that haven't cut ties with their friends from the old neighbor hood that needs this information.

I didn't have one prior to reading this this morning. But we got together in the office and picked who our designated fall guy is moving forward. 

it was definitely you, if they pretended it was someone else I can promise you they later met behind your back and agreed it was you

Things like this are just embarrassing for the NFL.  

Think if NFL superstars, ones who were in trouble themselves, like Carter, are advising players to get a fall guy what does that say for the league?

From teams blatently cheating to this you can see the very roots of rot within the league. And what is sad is that this is destroying a great game. 

Good Grief!!

Couldn't agree with this more.  Usually this time of year I can't wait for the season to start - watching every clip, reading every article, listening to sports radio etc...

But I'm almost entirely uninterested right now (very slow at work now - so nothing better to do) I haven't watched a pre-season game and likely won't watch the others.

It's just between the way Goodell handles things, to the way a league star like Brady handles himself, to the continued domestic abuse, rapes and other assortment violent crimes with those players continuing to immediatly find work and an inability to stop smoking pot - it's just sickening.   I think one of the last straws for me was Rex bringing IK in the next day.  It was clearly meant to piss the Jets off....it's beyond childish behavior from someone running an NFL franchise.

Add in the continued money grabs at any and every opportunity - I'm finding myself less and less interested in the league...Not a protest - just turned off and uninterested.

The NFL is fast becoming a joke.

Couldn't agree with this more.  Usually this time of year I can't wait for the season to start - watching every clip, reading every article, listening to sports radio etc...

But I'm almost entirely uninterested right now (very slow at work now - so nothing better to do) I haven't watched a pre-season game and likely won't watch the others.

It's just between the way Goodell handles things, to the way a league star like Brady handles himself, to the continued domestic abuse, rapes and other assortment violent crimes with those players continuing to immediatly find work and an inability to stop smoking pot - it's just sickening.   I think one of the last straws for me was Rex bringing IK in the next day.  It was clearly meant to piss the Jets off....it's beyond childish behavior from someone running an NFL franchise.

Add in the continued money grabs at any and every opportunity - I'm finding myself less and less interested in the league...Not a protest - just turned off and uninterested.

The NFL is fast becoming a joke.

the NFL is cleaning the mess up,(slowly) let's not act like stuff like this(and much worse) hasn't been happening forever.

the NFL is cleaning the mess up,(slowly) let's not act like stuff like this(and much worse) hasn't been happening forever.

I am completely acting like this hasn't been happening forever.  Because it hasn't been.  It's out of control at this point.  I realize the media is much more involved at this point so it's easier to see - but the league and its management is entirely out of control.  Compare arrests of NFL players over the last 10 years to the 10 years prior and tell me it's even close....

How exactly are they handling this?  What I've seen is public outcry causing the league to increase an incredibly weak domestic abuse policy but then going ahead and substantially lighting up on the illegal drug use policy.  What else are they doing?

I am completely acting like this hasn't been happening forever.  Because it hasn't been.  It's out of control at this point.  I realize the media is much more involved at this point so it's easier to see - but the league and its management is entirely out of control.  Compare arrests of NFL players over the last 10 years to the 10 years prior and tell me it's even close....

How exactly are they handling this?  What I've seen is public outcry causing the league to increase an incredibly weak domestic abuse policy but then going ahead and substantially lighting up on the illegal drug use policy.  What else are they doing?

it's been happening forever and it's been far worse.

in the past guys could get away as cops would recognize them and let them go.  Go look up Jim Brown's track record w/ women.

it is much better than it has ever been, the problem is nothing is private anymore.

Archived