Sane Pats fans concerned about this Game!!

Charlie Brown

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, I like the part about how an actual "rule" was correctly called on field. Damn cheaters! Oh, I also like the mention of "long term manipulation of game equipment." I hope someone told Brady his numbers are through the roof when he plays with balls at least 12.5 PSI. A couple other items are there are pretty funny too.

It seems you forgot one bullet point:

*4x World Champions

Fixed.

LOL. By the time Brady is done playing, you're going to need a couple more asterisks just to keep your sanity. Do what works. If they make you feel better before you lay your head down at night, I'm all for them.

Your franchise has been incapable of playing by the rules since Bill Belichick arrived.  The cheating imperative is tattooed into the DNA of the organization at this point.

At this point the patience of the other 31 owners has been completely and utterly exhausted and then some.  The NFL is sick of you.  Ownership is sick of you.  Not because you win but because you cheat.  You steal from the other 31.

You are one single infraction away from a lifetime ban for Bill Belichick and maybe a vote to force Bob Kraft to divest the team.  You have also declared war on the entire NFL with the smear campaign this past offseason.  

There are precisely zero good outcomes for the Patriots moving forward. None.

I would also point out that nobody has a problem with the legacies of the Packers,  Steelers,  Redskins, Cowboys, 49'ers or even the budding legacy that was building for what was being built in Seattle.  Fierce and hated opponents?  Absolutely.  But also a grudging admiration for what those franchises had managed to achieve and the manner in which those successes were built.

And what about the Patriots?  Universally despised as a team who has no problem breaking any rule so long as it helped them to win.  Universally despised as being dirtbag cheating scum.  So welcome to your legacy.  There is no expiration on that.  It will be a topic of conversation for as long as people discuss football.

Enjoy it.

But where will they keep finding room in Gillette Stadium to keep hanging Championship banners? That's my biggest worry going forward.

Shouldn't be an issue.  When Kraft is forced by the NFL to sell the team, Gillette stadium is going to have so much unused space that you will never have to worry again. 

Shouldn't be an issue.  When Kraft is forced by the NFL to sell the team, Gillette stadium is going to have so much unused space that you will never have to worry again. 

Forced to sell the team... one of the most influential of the owners.... forced to sell the team. Maybe he can just be forced to move them to Los Angeles. Maybe then, with proper re-alignment, you'd win the division for a change.

Forced to sell the team... one of the most influential of the owners.... forced to sell the team. Maybe he can just be forced to move them to Los Angeles. Maybe then, with proper re-alignment, you'd win the division for a change.

for somebody who's so cocky about the pats why have you spent all day posting on a jets board? You must be a hit with the ladies with that kind of activity 

for somebody who's so cocky about the pats why have you spent all day posting on a jets board? You must be a hit with the ladies with that kind of activity 

I'm actually in bed with a nasty cold. I gave up trying to do anything productive today, hence all the posts here today :) Once the meds take action, I'll be gone until tomorrow around noon...

I'm actually in bed with a nasty cold. I gave up trying to do anything productive today, hence all the posts here today :) Once the meds take action, I'll be gone until tomorrow around noon...

well I certainly hope you come back to take your lumps if the jets find a way to win 

well I certainly hope you come back to take your lumps if the jets find a way to win 

Like I told a couple people already, if you beat us, I'll come here and you can sling as much crap at me as you like. I look at it this way, if you beat us at home, I deserve the abuse. I'm glad this game came after the Colts game, because that was the one I was high on, but this one is going to be much better. I expect a brutal fight out there, unlike what I've been getting from Colts for a while now.

170 Posts since Tuesday, I didn't think Pats fans* are that worried about the game.

Oh my.  Still going with that "one of the most influential owners" line of bullsh1t?  Didn't you get the memo from the last owners meeting where Kraft was bent over and forced to accept punishment?  Isn't it clear to you at this point that Kraft is the 32nd most influential owner in the league and where #31 isn't even close?

I don't know what you guys are smoking up there but here's the clue.  The Commissioner works for the owners.  The other owners want Kraft and the Patriots punished to the fullest possible extent because they are sick of decades worth of cheating.  That is why Goodell has acted the way he has.

<edited to add>

Think of it this way furbee.  Kraft was a little like a favorite waiter or chauffeur to the other owners.  Someone the other owners might be quite fond of up to a point.  But now that favorite waiter or chauffeur has not only deflowered one of their daughters but he also gave her a dose of the clap for good measure.  So it really doesn't matter that they let him head up the TV contract negotiations and that they are all a bit richer by a few tens of millions of dollars against a total net worth of thousands of millions.  He has been stealing from them with this cheating and he has been doing it for decades.

The cold weather actually helps their ball grip. Since Brady has the balls at the NFL minimum of 12.5 PSI, as soon as the balls hit the cold air, they are illegal, just the way he likes them :)

no one is dumb enough to believe this nonsense 

no one is dumb enough to believe this nonsense 

Wait, so if I pump a football at room temperature to 12.5 PSI, then I go play a game in Foxboro, or NY in 40 degree weather, with a windchill, the ball won't lose pressure? It will stay at 12.5 PSI the whole game? You need to go back and watch Mr. Wizard. My point is, if the NFL has a "range," and you use the bottom of the range, the balls will be illegal by halftime. Every time. I believe the Patriots DID do something to those balls, either before or after. Here was my original theory, please humor me.

In BB's original press on the matter, where he came out and gave his scientific "study," he said one key thing. Go back and watch it. He said the "process" the Patriots use to get their balls ready actually RAISE the pressure by 1 PSI. He also says the "preparation" lasts up until the time they give the balls to the officials. Stay with me. This is all in the video, if you go on YT and watch.

So what I'm thinking, is that they originally had the balls ~11.5 PSI. Did their little magic, and like he said, raised the balls 1 PSI, which would be legal, as they are now 11.5 PSI + 1 PSI = 12.5 PSI. Now since they do this right up until the time they hand the officials the balls, the officials would get handed a ball ARTIFICIALLY at 12.5 PSI. When the ball hits the field of play, it eventually goes back to 11.5 PSI, then even lower than that because of the temperature difference. My thing all along was that if they cheated, it was BEFORE the refs inspected them, and not after. The ironic thing is that the moron going to the bathroom, wouldn't be necessary for this scam. Without that, they could have gotten away with that.

But back to the original point I was refuting, yes a 12.5 PSI ball at room temperature will ALWAYS weigh less when introduced to cold weather. How much less depends on the temperature/wind chill. But it's safe to say that on the east coast and in Green Bay, a 12.5 PSI ball would be illegal very quickly in the winter.

Wait, so if I pump a football at room temperature to 12.5 PSI, then I go play a game in Foxboro, or NY in 40 degree weather, with a windchill, the ball won't lose pressure? It will stay at 12.5 PSI the whole game? You need to go back and watch Mr. Wizard. My point is, if the NFL has a "range," and you use the bottom of the range, the balls will be illegal by halftime. Every time. I believe the Patriots DID do something to those balls, either before or after. Here was my original theory, please humor me.

In BB's original press on the matter, where he came out and gave his scientific "study," he said one key thing. Go back and watch it. He said the "process" the Patriots use to get their balls ready actually RAISE the pressure by 1 PSI. He also says the "preparation" lasts up until the time they give the balls to the officials. Stay with me. This is all in the video, if you go on YT and watch.

So what I'm thinking, is that they originally had the balls ~11.5 PSI. Did their little magic, and like he said, raised the balls 1 PSI, which would be legal, as they are now 11.5 PSI + 1 PSI = 12.5 PSI. Now since they do this right up until the time they hand the officials the balls, the officials would get handed a ball ARTIFICIALLY at 12.5 PSI. When the ball hits the field of play, it eventually goes back to 11.5 PSI, then even lower than that because of the temperature difference. My thing all along was that if they cheated, it was BEFORE the refs inspected them, and not after. The ironic thing is that the moron going to the bathroom, wouldn't be necessary for this scam. Without that, they could have gotten away with that.

But back to the original point I was refuting, yes a 12.5 PSI ball at room temperature will ALWAYS weigh less when introduced to cold weather. How much less depends on the temperature/wind chill. But it's safe to say that on the east coast and in Green Bay, a 12.5 PSI ball would be illegal very quickly in the winter.

you're a fool who's bought into the stupid voodoo science theory 

Your franchise has been incapable of playing by the rules since Bill Belichick arrived.  The cheating imperative is tattooed into the DNA of the organization at this point.

At this point the patience of the other 31 owners has been completely and utterly exhausted and then some.  The NFL is sick of you.  Ownership is sick of you.  Not because you win but because you cheat.  You steal from the other 31.

You are one single infraction away from a lifetime ban for Bill Belichick and maybe a vote to force Bob Kraft to divest the team.  You have also declared war on the entire NFL with the smear campaign this past offseason.  

There are precisely zero good outcomes for the Patriots moving forward. None.

I would also point out that nobody has a problem with the legacies of the Packers,  Steelers,  Redskins, Cowboys, 49'ers or even the budding legacy that was building for what was being built in Seattle.  Fierce and hated opponents?  Absolutely.  But also a grudging admiration for what those franchises had managed to achieve and the manner in which those successes were built.

And what about the Patriots?  Universally despised as a team who has no problem breaking any rule so long as it helped them to win.  Universally despised as being dirtbag cheating scum.  So welcome to your legacy.  There is no expiration on that.  It will be a topic of conversation for as long as people discuss football.

Enjoy it.

I get the jealousy, but this proves you are clueless.

Smear campaign?  The NFL launched a smear campaign and every 'leak' they released blew up in their face. 

Even when they hand picked a venue that favors management, it blew up in their face again.

I get the jealousy, but this proves you are clueless.

Smear campaign?  The NFL launched a smear campaign and every 'leak' they released blew up in their face. 

Even when they hand picked a venue that favors management, it blew up in their face again.

It just proves good Lawyers Rock:-

Johnnie Cochran.

William Booth (South Africa).

go get a life you have nothing better to do on a weekend night than flame another team's site.  Your girlfriend sick?

Archived