The Jets Are Not Good

Lizard King

BTW bub just eat some crow pie on your boy Revis.  Been Toasted all year and dont spill out stats mon

he gets toasted one game and you project one game across an entire season...when you recognize that shortcoming you will be in a better football IQ place, mon.  Until then, you're blind to your own bias that it was 1 game.

he gets toasted one game and you project one game across an entire season...when you recognize that shortcoming you will be in a better football IQ place, mon.  Until then, you're blind to your own bias that it was 1 game.

been roasted all year, can look at stats mon, the coaches tape should tell you he needs safety help now

Ya I am ignorant to say Revis is no longer worth $16M per y

The conversation should start with how much worse we'd be today if we didn't have him and end with who could possibly replace him if not him and everything in between in this conversation points at you shutting the f up...Other than that, Have A GOOD day, mon. 

The conversation should start with how much worse we'd be today if we didn't have him and end with who could possibly replace him if not him and everything in between in this conversation points at you shutting the f up...Other than that, Have A GOOD day, mon. 

will do mon

Let me start of saying I'm a huge Joe Namath fan and I loved all of his comments during the Rex era.  This year he's been very quiet.  I wonder if it's his health or some other distraction.  If he's done with the Jets then that's a watershed event.  Say it ain't so, Jo.   

But here's the thing-90% of us knew this going into the season.  This was always predicted to be a .500 or so football team.  It's what we are.  I think the 4-1 start against crappy football teams maybe changed people's perception and really got people expecting a lot more, but we're a .500 at best football team.  We always were.  I wanna be upset about everything, I really do.  But fact is this team is overall playing exactly how most people, including myself, thought they would going into the season.  Drink a lot and relax yourselves people. 

the major disappointment has been the defensive line is not taking control of the games with the hype they had going in to the season

For me its what we were sold.  We were sold a guy that can do more with less than anyone else in the league on his side of the ball that is going to be play the best players.  And that's not what we're seeing.  What were seeing is, a coach that has zero ability to scheme around the teams weakness, who is loyal to his guys, a coach who has shown little to zero ability to adjust, complete and utter incompetence when it comes to game management and situational awareness and clearly cant get this team motivated to play hard for 1 quarter let alone an entire 60 minutes. 

We all knew this wasn't going to be turned around in one offseason. There are just too many players here that aren't good enough or don't fit the system. Have to give TB and MM a few off seasons. 

This makes no sense. I was told that a team with a solid defense, a decent running game, and a slightly-below-average QB should be a shoo-in for the playoffs.

just to review 

Sheldon Richardson didn't play 

Nick Mangold left the game with a hand injury (and has been playing hurt for weeks) 

Darrelle Revis left the game with a concussion. 

Chris Ivory is clearly out of gas. 

Brandon Marshall is playing hurt. Cromartie is also clearly playing hurt. 

Ryan Fitzpatrick had surgery last friday (and didn't miss a game)

Nick Folk is on the IR 

Willie Colon is on the IR. 

Antonio Allen (who would have been extremely useful vs Gronk) hasn't played all year 

I think it's fair to say this team has been affected by injuries. 

just to review

Sheldon Richardson didn't play

Nick Mangold left the game with a hand injury (and has been playing hurt for weeks)

Darrelle Revis left the game with a concussion. 

Chris Ivory is clearly out of gas.

Brandon Marshall is playing hurt. Cromartie is also clearly playing hurt.

Ryan Fitzpatrick had surgery last friday (and didn't miss a game)

Nick Folk is on the IR

Willie Colon is on the IR.

Antonio Allen (who would have been extremely useful vs Gronk) hasn't played all year

I think it's fair to say this team has been affected by injuries.

Two words Tyler Yates- there is no way that QB should beat us

What about the linebackers?  I went into this season thinking they had a strong front 7.  Is this a case of being old or overrated; or both?   It seems like the team needs a complete overhaul.

To me when you look at actual holes on this team the biggest single hole the team has had the last 5 years or more is a pass rushing olb.  Our coaches keep liking guys with no speed or athleticism that can 'set the edge' like pace or Bryan thomas and we get ZERO pass rush from the outside unless we maybe blitz a CB.  I didn't like resigning Harris for the big bucks and I've never been a big fan of Davis.

This is one thing that is troubling me about Bowles he seems to be following the Rex mantra of 'I'd rather have a slow old pedestrian vet that is smart and knows my system than an atheltic who might make mistakes but also make big plays.'

Two words Tyler Yates- there is no way that QB should beat us

The Jets don't have an offensive player as dynamic as Deandre Hopkins, and they don't have a defender as good as JJ Watt. 

Losing Mangold and revis during the game is a huge hit. 

TJ Yates vs a hurt Fitz isn't that big of an advantage. 

The Jets don't have an offensive player as dynamic as Deandre Hopkins, and they don't have a defender as good as JJ Watt. 

We were outplayed and coached from the first snap of the ball-no excuse for that and all the teams have injuries also no excuse

all a result of poor management of this team since 2009. 

The Jets are playing wayyyyyy below their talent level.  Like, way way way below their talent level.  They have talent, they have players, they're just playing uninspired, I dont give a sh*t what happens style of Football. Their is zero emotion on this team.  Nobody wants it.  Nobody cares.  

Who sets the tone?  Who gets the team going?  Who inspires them?  I'm afraid this team is taking on the identity of their Head Coach.  No energy!  No emotion! No urgency! NOTHING!!!!!  

Who are the Jets position coaches and how much experience do they have? Did Bowles give a bunch of friends first dibs here? We look unprepared to play.

If you're curious....

OC Gailey (no connection I think)

DC Kacy Rodgers (mostly a career defensive line coach, coached with Bowles under Parcells)

ST Bobby April (coached with Bowles in Philly)

Assistant Head Coach/ Inside Linebackers Mike Caldwell: (Coached with Bowles in Philly and Arizona)

Outside Linebackers Mike Collins: (He was with the Falcons for five season...not sure the connection there).

Defensive Backs Joe Danna: (With the Falcons for three years)

Wide Receivers Karl Dorrell: (Coached with Bowles in Miami, former head coach of UCLA. Has experience as an OC)

Defensive Line Pepper Johnson: (former Bills DL coach and Patriots coach) 

OL Steve Marshall: (basically a career college OL coach but had some experience with Cleveland, Houston and Green Bay)

TE Jimmie Johnson (Vikings TE coach for 7 years)

QB Kevin Patullo: (been in the league for 7 years with the Titans, Bills and Chiefs)

RB Marcell Shipp: (first year in the league. I think he was an intern for the Cardinals last year)

Archived