Josh McCown says he's planning to win the Jets QB job--and he will

joewilly12

36 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

In my mind there is no way Bowels is going to start anyone BUT McCown because he will be in full win now mode to save his job.  This is why you cant do a proper tank job with a coach who needs to win and McCown is good enough to pull out 3-5 wins from this schedule.  Don't bank on him getting hurt either.

He has to play the best QB on the roster.  Lets hope it's Hack but it will probably be McCown.

No one tanks on purpose and there is no point in starting Hack "to see what we got" if he's sucking in practice.

He'll get some starts but not until we're mathematically eliminated OR if McCown pulls a Fitzy and plays horrifically.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

I wonder if people who go to Zoo to see animals ever consider what the animals there're looking at think about them . People who depend on the emotional state of 53 other people to get the Job they were hired to do are morons, but people who pays thousands of dollars to give themselves heart disease due to the efforts of the morons because of the actions of 106 men who get paid millions are smart enough to judge them .

it's easy to judge both Mac and Bowles based on team performance and their own actions/inactions.  Complete morons.

On 5/20/2017 at 7:26 AM, Tinstar said:

For the better part of 40 years, we haven't had a good coaching staff, but the one thing we did have was the same fans who keep flooding radio stations with calls for coaching change . With every change, 2 prior years go out the window and we wonder why things don't change .

I get it, I do.

But calls for patience and time require the staff has potential to be great. This staff is not the staff to argue for. A year or a decade, Bowles will never be the right guy.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I get it, I do.

But calls for patience and time require the staff has potential to be great. This staff is not the staff to argue for. A year or a decade, Bowles will never be the right guy.

You maybe 100%right, but what good does it do me to keep repeating that other than to hope I'm proven right . "When I was a child I spoke as a child, i understood as a child and I did childish things . When I became a man, I put away childish things" . I have no idea what will become of the Todd Bowles regime, but I being a Jet fan and wanting to see my Jets have success, hope that he becomes a HC of legends that folks tells stories about for a thousand years . I hope for the best for Todd Bowles and Mike Mac .

Instead of continuing this cycle of dysfunction, I choose to hope for the best and with the owner deciding to be more patient, things just starting looking up .

31 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

You maybe 100%right, but what good does it do me to keep repeating that other than to hope I'm proven right . "When I was a child I spoke as a child, i understood as a child and I did childish things . When I became a man, I put away childish things" . I have no idea what will become of the Todd Bowles regime, but I being a Jet fan and wanting to see my Jets have success, hope that he becomes a HC of legends that folks tells stories about for a thousand years . I hope for the best for Todd Bowles and Mike Mac .

Instead of continuing this cycle of dysfunction, I choose to hope for the best and with the owner deciding to be more patient, things just starting looking up .

Pragmatism would do you good old friend. 

1 hour ago, thadude said:

Neither are Petty and Hack

I disagree Jets fans want to see if these guys are our future. 

Id rather attend games and pay for seats where there is hope instead of them starting old washed up other teams re-treads at QB here. 

Im not a season ticket holder, but I'm sure many PSL owners would agree. 

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Pragmatism would do you good old friend. 

I'm a salesman beloved and my wares are Faith, hope and love . These wares are sweet to the lips but bitter in the belly and must be enjoyed if I'm to be a good salesman . I myself cannot say if I'm a good salesman or not, but I must sell .

44 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

McCown is 18-42 as a starting QB in the NFL. 

Thats great but hes by far the only qb on the roster who can run a professional football team.  This is the NFL.  You cant start a season with guys that have no clue how to play the game.  We might be awful but this is a multi billion dollar business.  Hackenburg can barely complete passes against air.  Guys like that cannot be your week 1 starter.  And we saw glass petty last year and hes awful.

6 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Thats great but hes by far the only qb on the roster who can run a professional football team.  This is the NFL.  You cant start a season with guys that have no clue how to play the game.  We might be awful but this is a multi billion dollar business.  Hackenburg can barely complete passes against air.  Guys like that cannot be your week 1 starter.  And we saw glass petty last year and hes awful.

I don't give a rats ass about Josh McCown the dude is an NFL  LOSER he offers us NOTHING... We need to see what we have in Hackenberg and Petty no matter how bad it could be.  

We cant and wont develop or find a franchise QB if we keep bringing in old NFL bums to QB this team year after year. 

I'm glad my fall weekends are going to be filled up with the kids' sports this fall so I do not have to witness the bulk of this abortion.  Figured we are going to the home opener and the late season games this year (season should be long lost by then).  

On 5/19/2017 at 3:22 PM, Powpow said:

There are at the very least 5 top tier QB's that will go in round one next draft. The NFL is desperate for quality QB's. We'll get one of the top 3. ?

We will see. Drafts are unpredictable and its no sure thing.

On 5/21/2017 at 5:15 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Mccown will win this job blind folded.  The other 2 have no business even being on a professional football field.

Agree.  I actually think Petty might give McCown a little bit of competition but McCown will outplay him in preseason games

9 hours ago, jmat321 said:

I'm glad my fall weekends are going to be filled up with the kids' sports this fall so I do not have to witness the bulk of this abortion.  Figured we are going to the home opener and the late season games this year (season should be long lost by then).  

Don't worry Brandon Marshall will be competing for a Super Bowl next season while we go 4-12 we really showed him

Archived