OK here New England's depth chart-anyone scared?

SoFlaJets

124, are you a complete dumbass?

Where the hell is my POTW nomination for that gem?

Like it will really matter anyways.:eek:

DONE SIR!!

POTW FOR TX'S POST ABOVE ABOUT SUCKSLISBERGER!!!

PALMER FOR LIFE!!!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't buy into this system qb stuff. Sure, really good QB's play in a "system" that works to their strengths....like Brady and Big Ben. But are you telling me that if Brady goes down, Matt Cassell can step right into the system and not miss a beat? Explain Drew Bledsoe sucking eggs? At what point does the QB's talent/leadership/field vision/smarts/intangibles supersede the "system?"

Leave it to an astute Pats fan to bring closure to the issue.

Garb is dead on here, ALL QB's work in a system.

Ryan Leaf could have stepped into the exact same situation as Big Ben and excelled, right Stiller?

You bet.;)

Classic thread.... the Pats fans are worried, so they turn a Pats thread into a Rothlisberger thread. Changing the subject doesn't change the fact that the Pats remain one injury away from a complete dismantling of their season. Man for man, the Phins are a better team on offense, with better depth. The defenses are comparable, but again, Miami has the better depth. One injury won't set that unit back on it's heels, the way a key injury on the Pats could ruin their season.

Now, I understand why these Pats fans hang out on other teams message boards.... they don't like talking about their own team, an injury away from implosion!

1) Changing the subject doesn't change the fact that the Pats remain one injury away from a complete dismantling of their season.

2) Man for man, the Phins are a better team on offense, with better depth.

3) The defenses are comparable, but again, Miami has the better depth.

4) Now, I understand why these Pats fans hang out on other teams message boards.... they don't like talking about their own team, an injury away from implosion!

Max, you need to start a "Stupid POTW" thread and let Thunderbird be the moderator, because he is right on with stupidity.

1) And I assume you are talking about Brady. The guy has taken far more vicious hits than PennyBoySissy and has only missed 2 quarters of football in his entire career. He has never missed a start while the China Doll has never played a full season.

2) Are you really that stupid? The Pats OLine is ten times the Phins Oline and the Pats have Brady and the Phins have a retread in Culpepper. Talk about an ignorant statement.

3) The Pats have the youngest Dline and secondary in the NFL. The Pats Dline is, minimum, top 5. The Phins defense is old and piss poor.

4) Here is where you are really a complete dumbass. Last year the Pats lost more man-games to injury than any team in the NFL and still won the division. If they were an "injury away from implosion", it would have happened last year.

ThunderbirdJet = RamRodDumbAssRay

Classic thread.... the Pats fans are worried, so they turn a Pats thread into a Rothlisberger thread. Changing the subject doesn't change the fact that the Pats remain one injury away from a complete dismantling of their season. Man for man, the Phins are a better team on offense, with better depth. The defenses are comparable, but again, Miami has the better depth. One injury won't set that unit back on it's heels, the way a key injury on the Pats could ruin their season.

Now, I understand why these Pats fans hang out on other teams message boards.... they don't like talking about their own team, an injury away from implosion!

Last I checked, it wasn't a Patriots fan that brought Roethlesberger into this thread. It was a valiant attempt at stirring the pot, really it was but I'm not biting.

Big Ben not a system QB?:eek:

Hand-off

Hand-off

Draw (first down)

Hand-off

Hand-off

Screen (first down)

Hand-off

Hand-off

Hand-off

QB sneak (first down)

Hand-off

Hand-off

2-yard hitch pass (first down)

Hand-off

Hand-off

Screen pass (incomplete)

Punt

And Big Ben is not a "system" QB?:eek:

Give me a friggn' break Stiller.

9 of 21 for 123 yards with 2 picks on the biggest stage in the World?

That was an absolutely pathetic performance under pressure.

Screw that Tex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is Post of the Year material here!!!!

Max you need to sticky why you invited us here. I suppose that is the next board upgrade.

What team is not a QB injury from disaster?

Miami? Pppppuuuuuhhhlllleeeasssseee!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose Indy is? BBWwahahahahaahhahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pittsburgh might be the best to handle it, but it is not because of Big Ben. What would change? Nothing. They would run it +60% of the time still. Probably more so.

Aside from the QB, what injury are you talking about? Ted Johnson's sudden retirement? Bruschi missing half a season? Harrison missing most of the season? Seymour missing a quarter of it? The Annual run of the DBs through Foxoboro when Gay and others started dropping like flies again? Light and Koppen missing significant portions of the season?

Despite all that, and losing two great coordinators, we managed to limp to a 10-6 record. Now, by all reports we are healthy. Our worst existing injury case scenario is Harrison being PUP'd for half a season and coming back for the stretch run.

Worry? Far from it. If the Patriots only have half the injuries they suffered last year or during the prior to two season when they won the title, the Patriots will win 11 games as long as Brady is there taking the ball.

Look at the Patriots roster, outside of LBer, this team is young everywhere. If last year's picks and some of the other red shirts actually become NFL caliber players, even that position will be young. Even if they do not, we have enough young talent to be a good team in it every year. Worry? No way, I feel we are about a third to a fourth of the way through a very very nice run.

Pats don't win the big one again for about 37 years (36 since they weren't even in the championship game last year).

You guys cursed your team, it's over and it has already begun. You guys had a great team for a few years no doubt but seriously, you're done. Enjoy the long misrable wait!

BTW, Brady plays all 16 games this year and doesn't get injured (jinx).;)

Pats don't win the big one again for about 37 years (36 since they weren't even in the championship game last year).

You guys cursed your team, it's over and it has already begun. You guys had a great team for a few years no doubt but seriously, you're done. Enjoy the long misrable wait!

BTW, Brady plays all 16 games this year and doesn't get injured (jinx).;)

Raffy

First, do not confuse the Patriots pre-Superbowl ways with the Jets miserable existence. While the Patriots failed to win a title, they did goto a championship game in the AFL and to two Superbowls. While all ended in losses, crushing losses, they did show the ability to put a team together in three different ERAs that could make a trip to the championship game. The fluke Jets, went to one when the best two teams in the AFL had to play a playoff game and the Jets got two weeks to rest. They have not even sniffed it since.

Second, look at the roster. The offense is young. Only significant starter over 30 is Dillon and we have his replacement on board. WHile the defense is not as young as the offense, it is still young. It will break your heart, but the Patriots are not going anwhere. They might not win this year or next, but like the 49ers from 1981-1997, they are built to be in the mix every year.

Raffy

First, do not confuse the Patriots pre-Superbowl ways with the Jets miserable existence. While the Patriots failed to win a title, they did goto a championship game in the AFL and to two Superbowls. While all ended in losses, crushing losses, they did show the ability to put a team together in three different ERAs that could make a trip to the championship game. The fluke Jets, went to one when the best two teams in the AFL had to play a playoff game and the Jets got two weeks to rest. They have not even sniffed it since.

Second, look at the roster. The offense is young. Only significant starter over 30 is Dillon and we have his replacement on board. WHile the defense is not as young as the offense, it is still young. It will break your heart, but the Patriots are not going anwhere. They might not win this year or next, but like the 49ers from 1981-1997, they are built to be in the mix every year.

harken back to generation Jets circa 82-AFC Champinship and then 98 another generation-that's 3 different ones-so what are you talking about?The Pats had their impressive run but now it's over and in January will we still hear the same tired drivel about your ONE big run?Once again that roster ain't scaring me and should your team get a run of Jets luck and lose your QB(who is NOT invincible Tex) then your heads might start shrinking....finally

Wow, you're hanging your hat on two AFC Championship games which the Jets lost?:eek:

It must really suck being a Jets fan.

Too true.

SFJ

Tex is right. That is really grasping at straws. You are the fan of them so you remember of course. I am sure if you asked a Phin fan they will remember, but anyone outside those two fandoms that remember the Jets lost the 1982 AFC CHampionship game needs a serious life.

It really does not compare. Not even close.

what I'm disputing is the claim of how the Pats were great in 3 different generations-well so were the Jets 69 championship the 82 season the Mud Bowl year and 98 when we lost in the championship game to Denver-no straws grasping for there-just facts.Luckily for Pats fans their one championship generation is the one that just ended not two back like us-notice the past tense

Max you need to sticky why you invited us here. I suppose that is the next board upgrade.

Are you suggesting that people were invited here via PMs from another board? I can't believe you would suggest that. It is exactly what happened, I just can't believe you would siggest it. ;)

If everyone got along and posted the same views, this place would be incredibly boring.

Are you suggesting that people were invited here via PMs from another board? I can't believe you would suggest that. It is exactly what happened, I just can't believe you would siggest it. ;)

If everyone got along and posted the same views, this place would be incredibly boring.

Very true Maximus.

Hey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey just wanted to give you a heads up...it has gotten real hard for me to post here. You may have seen the thread where the big man said that GGG should go and to take her flunkies (me and TomShane) with her.

Not sure exactly what personal problem the two of them had, but I am even more confused how I got drawn into it. I really liked it here, never tried to cause too much trouble. Even gave money each time they started the threads for it. Strange.

At any rate, we decided not to fight it. If we are not wanted and he wants us gone, then so be it. So Tom and I got together and created our own website. www.*********.com Right now only the message board is up and running. Real soon we will have the site online.

We have pretty big plans for it. We are working with a real good graphic designer and are real pleased with what we have so far. Hopefully you will stop by and check it out.

Take Care.

Max

"Experts" are picking the Dolphags to win the division this year. I don't care about either them or the Patriots, but it's fairly clear the Patriots are in a transition year now. If the Patriots win the SB this year, it will be BB's greatest coaching job, since they've reloaded and added younger players at several positions. If they can do that, they'll continue their run, but in reality, the last run ended and this will be a new era for them, so it would be 2 different runs. They haven't done **** yet this year though, so any talk is probably premature. The one thing Herm and Dumbway were right about: in the current NFL climate you build for 5 year runs. BB knows this too, so that's why he's saddling up for the next 5 years.

The AFC East is nothing now. The Fins are still a few steps away, the Pats are reloading as I said, the Jets have new management, and the Bill just stink. The next SB winner is probably going to be from the AFC North, the NFL's probable strongest division. AFC West has a chance at it. NFC East is the best in the NFC, but probably weaker than all the AFC divisions. If the Jets make huge steps this year, the AFC East might return to prominence by next year (provided the Fins continue improving as well, and the Pats aren't done).

tx just likes busting Jets fan's chops, and as Max said, I guess it would be boring if everyone agreed with each other here. I know we have trolls like rajensan here, but he is just stupid. tx atleast forces us to keep honest at times.

My whole reason for having absolutely no fear of the Pats is what many others here have already said at various times. They are going through a big transition period and have lost some key vets. Bellichick could pull a rabbit out of his hat and turn the youngsters into a machine as well, but ya would certainly think that the team chemistry they flourished under in the past has had to have changed a bit. Thats one of those things that goes un-noticed in most cases, but it's very important to a team thats used to winning big games IMO. They'll struggle in that area alot in the near future IMO.

My whole reason for having absolutely no fear of the Pats is what many others here have already said at various times. They are going through a big transition period and have lost some key vets.

You sound just like a Browns fan, trying to justify why the Steelers always win the AFCN.:eek:

Success in the NFL is all about speed, strength and youth.

Losing a few older-age vets will have no impact whatsoever if a team is able to upgrade though youth.

Hey Stiller, what team in the NFL has the youngest OLine and DLine in the NFL?

I'll give you a clue, it's not the Steelers.;)

You can't be friggn' serious.:eek:

The Pats have one of the top 2 QB's in the NFL and the friggn' Jets don't even know who their starting QB will be.

The Pats offense is ten times better than the Jets offense.

i agree. the Pats will line up in two TE formations, with Branch and Chad JAckson, and either maroney or Dillon in the backfield.

This team's time is still now.

My whole reason for having absolutely no fear of the Pats is what many others here have already said at various times. They are going through a big transition period and have lost some key vets. Bellichick could pull a rabbit out of his hat and turn the youngsters into a machine as well, but ya would certainly think that the team chemistry they flourished under in the past has had to have changed a bit. Thats one of those things that goes un-noticed in most cases, but it's very important to a team thats used to winning big games IMO. They'll struggle in that area alot in the near future IMO.

Come on Stiller, I expect that type a post from the Jets' fans but not one that is witness to a team reloading year-in and year-out.

The Patriots motus operandi is Steelers motus operandi version 2.0. It is a given that you will lose starters. It is not just how resigning a vet like Givens or Randle El impacts 2006, but how it impacts 2007, 2008 and beyond.

This is not to minimize that loss of Givens or McGinest or any of the other vets that have departed over the years. The two most important keys are still there: Brady and Belichick.

The point everyone seems to be missing, it is not like the Patriots are turning over 18 of 22 starter positions to rookies. 19 of the 22 potential starting positions on the Patriots have starters with Superbowl experience. Wideout, 4th LBer position and Rodney's spot which could be manned by Tebucky Jones who was there in the first Superbowl. 58 of the 69 playes on the roster are under 30.

As Tex said, this team is built on speed, strength and more importantly youth. Again, this is not to say we need to pencil in the Patriots from the AFC for the Superbowl the next 10 years. Not even close, but they will be in the mix as long as the two keys and same philosphy remains.

Come on Stiller, I expect that type a post from the Jets' fans but not one that is witness to a team reloading year-in and year-out.

The Patriots motus operandi is Steelers motus operandi version 2.0. It is a given that you will lose starters. It is not just how resigning a vet like Givens or Randle El impacts 2006, but how it impacts 2007, 2008 and beyond.

This is not to minimize that loss of Givens or McGinest or any of the other vets that have departed over the years. The two most important keys are still there: Brady and Belichick.

The point everyone seems to be missing, it is not like the Patriots are turning over 18 of 22 starter positions to rookies. 19 of the 22 potential starting positions on the Patriots have starters with Superbowl experience. Wideout, 4th LBer position and Rodney's spot which could be manned by Tebucky Jones who was there in the first Superbowl. 58 of the 69 playes on the roster are under 30.

As Tex said, this team is built on speed, strength and more importantly youth. Again, this is not to say we need to pencil in the Patriots from the AFC for the Superbowl the next 10 years. Not even close, but they will be in the mix as long as the two keys and same philosphy remains.

PFSIKH just owned StillerPaul.:cheers:

You Patsy fans don't believe in team chemistry then i take it? Willie McGinnest' leadership won't be missed? You have a boatload of young O-linemen that will just come together and gel from the get go? The youngsters may be talented but there is definately a leadership void on the Patsy team IMO. How can you be so sure that these guys will fill the void left by the defections?

BTW, your offensive line isn't worth braggin about either IMO.

You have a boatload of young O-linemen that will just come together and gel from the get go?

BTW, your offensive line isn't worth braggin about either IMO.

"Gel from the get-go"?:eek:

The Pats played two rookies (Mankins and Kazcur) and a 2nd-year pro (Koppen) for the majority of the season last year and they played extremely well, especially for rookies.

Not worth bragging about? You gotta be kidding.

The Pats OLine is top 10 in the NFL.

"Gel from the get-go"?:eek:

The Pats played two rookies (Mankins and Kazcur) and a 2nd-year pro (Koppen) for the majority of the season last year and they played extremely well, especially for rookies.

Not worth bragging about? You gotta be kidding.

The Pats OLine is top 10 in the NFL.

Tell me again how Brady was so relentlessly pressured into bad throws against the Broncos in the playoffs? I'm no expert but an O-line worth bragging about would have given him better protection in the biggest game of the year for them IMO. I get the fact that you guys are on a rival teams board defending your team, but you are sadly mistaken if you think you don't have more issues than most of the other teams at or near the top of the AFC. No way in hell i'd put the Patsy O-line in the top 10.

Tell me again how Brady was so relentlessly pressured into bad throws against the Broncos in the playoffs? I'm no expert but an O-line worth bragging about would have given him better protection in the biggest game of the year for them IMO. I get the fact that you guys are on a rival teams board defending your team, but you are sadly mistaken if you think you don't have more issues than most of the other teams at or near the top of the AFC. No way in hell i'd put the Patsy O-line in the top 10.

Ok, let's get our facts straight.

The Patriots line should have Light, Neal, Koppen and Hochstein as starters. All have been on the team since at least 2003. Gorin was an emergency starter during the 2003 Superbowl game.

As Tex said, Mankins and Kaczur, both rookies, were pressed into action last year when Light (LT) and Koppen © were lost for the season due to injury.

This is a unit that is young, Neal is the oldest at 29. Has plenty of playoff experience. Now, they have two second year players with significant starting experience.

I hear what you are saying about them being Top 10. I would not put any in the Top 5. However, I think you could make an argument for some of them (i.e. Light and Koppen, maybe Neal as being in the 7-8+ range.), but collectively with Dante Scarnechia's coaching, they are Top 10. You also have to give the Broncos credit. They made some timely blitzes that made Brady seem human. It is not like the Broncos are a junior midget pop warner team.

As for McGoo's leadership, it will be missed. As will his clutch moments like he alwasys seemed to get against the COlts. However, there are other leaders and ones I think are more prominent. Bruschi and Harrison.

Stiller, again, you are the one person I would think that would understand developing players from within. How many players left for bigger pay checks and the Steelers barely batted an eye? Crap, one of the best LBers (Vrabel) in the game today could not even become a starter on your team. Again, the Patriots have lost alot of players since that first title and yet always seem to overcome these defections. These will not be the first or last.

Be thankful Belichcik and Pioli slipped up. The Steelers have a title and that should be able to last you until our dynasty ends around 2015. It will be the last one Big Ben ever sees as a Steeler. ;)

Stiller, again, you are the one person I would think that would understand developing players from within. How many players left for bigger pay checks and the Steelers barely batted an eye? Crap, one of the best LBers (Vrabel) in the game today could not even become a starter on your team. Again, the Patriots have lost alot of players since that first title and yet always seem to overcome these defections. These will not be the first or last.

Be thankful Belichcik and Pioli slipped up. The Steelers have a title and that should be able to last you until our dynasty ends around 2015. It will be the last one Big Ben ever sees as a Steeler. :wink:

Write this down. Your dynasty is over. I guarantee the next time your patsy's face my Steelers in the playoffs, your season is over.

Hey, i give your coaching staff a ton of credit for developing players. In fact, it's pretty safe to say that they and the Steeler organization are probably the top two teams in the league in that area. But you should also realize that team chemistry takes a bit of a hit when ya start having the player turnover. Having won 3 SB's buys your CS alot of time to bring along the youngsters, but surely you fans can't expect the same high performance in big games yet?

I guarantee that if and when the Pats play the Steelers again, the Steelers will go down AGAIN. It's inevitable....like death and taxes.

Here are some truths:

Ben Rothlisberger has tremendous leadership skills, he's strong and has quick feet. He 'aint the brightest bulb on the planet however. Personally, I think he is over-rated. He's the sort of QB Belichick has for breakfast, you know?

That Troy Pala-whatever is a very good player - yet I do not understand why teams do not do what the Pats do when facing him. Play to his STRENGTH - his speed. He over pursues ALL THE TIME.

Jerome Bettis is no big loss. He sucked the past couple of years. What was his per yard average against the Pats? 1.5?

Cowher is a very good coach, but in a battle of the brains, who would you pick? The human version of Elmer Fudd or Mumbles the genuis?

Last years SB sucked. Pitt sucked. Seattle sucked even more. The play was abysmal, the refs called an abysmal game. Big Ben had a whoping 23% QB rating. I think they picked the MVP's name out of a cap. I mean, really, was there a clear cut MVP of that game? Worst SB ever.

Archived