Hurricane Rita

PatsFanTX

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so then youll be riding it out 18 miles from the shore.

are you on high ground like how much above sea level r u

Do you really think there is any "high ground" in Texas, other than San Antonio? :shock:

I'm getting Shelly and girls out tomorrow morning and I'll join them after I can secure things the best I can.

You gonna board up the windows tx?

I was just watching the news, and they said it could REALLY strength out in the gulf and potentially be a 4 or even 5 hurricane before it makes landfall, saying it could be another Katrina.

Not sure where it would hit around you, but definetly stay safe tx.

Thanks barton.

No sense boarding the windows because I'll be long gone and that's why you pay for insurance.

Do you really think there is any "high ground" in Texas, other than San Antonio? :shock:

I'm getting Shelly and girls out tomorrow morning and I'll join them after I can secure things the best I can.

dude what am i some kind of f*cking geographer? I have no idea about the elevation of the state of texas. it was just a question.

man, you are one moody bitch when faced with the apocolypse

dude what am i some kind of f*cking geographer? I have no idea about the elevation of the state of texas. it was just a question.

man, you are one moody b!tch when faced with the apocolypse

This from the guy who was panicking over everything, including his little gay dog when a hurricane threatened to come within 200 miles of him?

Good luck TX.

This from the guy who was panicking over everything, including his little gay dog when a hurricane threatened to come within 200 miles of him?

Good luck TX.

that hurricane was supposed to be a direct hit but then shifted east to fort myers suddenly.

yes i was worry. but, i wasnt being snippy like TX is hehehe

im moving to vancouver to live with vandoug and his family

oh wait, it snows there.

screw that. ill take my chances. god loves me so ill be aight.

I don't have any family within 1000 KMs, not such a bad idea.

:wink:

It snows one or two days a year in Vancouver, west coast, baby.

<<<god loves me so ill be aight.>>>

Sorry, education is mandatory in BC, request to relocate....... denied.

I think Saskatchewan is looking for people though.

:wink:

Seriously, take care all.

d

Wow, they say it will be a category 4 by tomorrow. So I go from worrying about missing the Jets game Sunday to worrying if I still have a house Sunday.

The Jets better ******* win if I'm homeless. I also want a Troll/TX relief fund to be started by Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford.

Wow, they say it will be a category 4 by tomorrow. So I go from worrying about missing the Jets game Sunday to worrying if I still have a house Sunday.

The Jets better farging win if I'm homeless. I also want a Troll/TX relief fund to be started by Jimmy Carter and Gerald Ford.

This is not good at all. They just declared a mandatory evacuation for Galveston County (which I live in) beginning at noon.

It took me over 2 hours, but I was able to find a hotel room for the family (thank you American Express Travel).

This will not be good.

This is not good at all. They just declared a mandatory evacuation for Galveston County (which I live in) beginning at noon.

It took me over 2 hours, but I was able to find a hotel room for the family (thank you American Express Travel).

This will not be good.

The whole Austin thing fell through. Looks like I'll be staying in a rented trailer on Toledo Bend. Very safe!

The whole Austin thing fell through. Looks like I'll be staying in a rented trailer on Toledo Bend. Very safe!

Troll,

Austin and San Antonio were the first two places I tried. There were no hotel rooms whatsoever.

Dallas, Waco and College Station are booked as well.

Good luck buddy.

Troll,

Austin and San Antonio were the first two places I tried. There were no hotel rooms whatsoever.

Good luck buddy.

Ride it out, seriously.

Don't leave your house....get the wife and kids out, but you should stay

I would if I were you

Troll,

Good luck buddy.

what the hell are you gonna do than???

ride it out or jump in the car and just drive north??

good luck TEX...i couldnt imagine goin through that ..

Good luck Tex, Troll and anyone else.

I’m going to be sticking it out in Katy since there are no hotel rooms to be had almost anywhere but at least that is a little bit inland and not likely to get hit like Galveston probably would. Just found out that there is no work tomorrow so we can board up the houses and make preparations. This is crazy stuff.

I stayed in that hotel last year, nice diggs, hope your room isn't on the top floor

Yes, it is a real nice hotel.

And anything downtown will be a lot more safer then where we are.

Just got done helping the neighbors store all their pool and patio furniture.

I've downed 3 beers already and it's not even noon. :shock:

Yes, it is a real nice hotel.

And anything downtown will be a lot more safer then where we are.

Just got done helping the neighbors store all their pool and patio furniture.

I've downed 3 beers already and it's not even noon. :shock:

three beers? better let mrs. tx do the driving to houston! ;)

be well Tx! and no you may not use my good wishes against you in the future! these good wishes expire when the danger from the rita has passed ;)

The company I work for has their headquarters in Houston (could explain why it had it third round of reductions a few months back :roll: ). Home office operations will be closed tomorrow and Friday. People are getting out of dodge or stocking up on milk and gas, I guess.....anyway, being the selfish woman I can be, I want two free paid days too - think I'll bring it up during the next blizzard.

All kidding aside, this is serious business and to TX and Troll, best of luck and be safe!

Archived