Ronde Barber is a Cheap Shot Artist

Smizzy

Punch the ref in the face while attempting to punch mawae...

Punches martin in the face while he's on the ground....

Is still driving curtis martin inot the ground 5 seconds after the ref called it a TD and blew the whistle.

You do realize your not even the best football player in your family ronde?

LOL.

Mawae must have said something to set Ronde off, because Ronde doesn't usually lose his cool like that. I agree that he should have been thrown out, but he's not a cheap shot artist. Lots of things happen that people don't see. It goes both ways.

Mawae must have said something to set Ronde off, because Ronde doesn't usually lose his cool like that. I agree that he should have been thrown out, but he's not a cheap shot artist. Lots of things happen that people don't see. It goes both ways.

That sig isn't lookin so hot right now is it?

I was thinking that EXACT same thing when barber made the pick. Not so in the DET-BAL game where Suggs was ejected for merely getting in the ref's face.

The Ravens, as a whole, just lost their cool. The ref's didn't take any of it. I did happen to see the Suggs ejection while I was on break. He slammed Joey down, well after the play was over, and the ref threw the flag. Suggs jumped up, got in his face, then the ref just tossed him. The game was the most the Ravens were ever penalized.

how the eff can a player punch a ref in the face and NOT get thrown out?

Funny, that they threw out Trotter of the Eagles for NOT throwing a punch BEFORE and now they don't throw out Barber for punching a ref IN the game.

Nice officiating.

BZ

Another reason why Hermy is a complete idiot:

NY DAILY NEWS

By Rich Cimini

Bucs CB Ronde Barber somehow avoided ejection after striking umpire Butch Hannah in the eye in the second quarter yesterday. Barber was involved in a heated confrontation with Jets C Kevin Mawae.

Mawae grabbed Barber's face mask and Hannah stepped in between them to break it up. According to Barber, he inadvertently hit Hannah while swinging at Mawae. Hannah was knocked to the ground.

By rule, Barber should have been ejected - contact with the officials is a no-no - but he got off with an unnecessary-roughness penalty. Barber wound up making a key play, intercepting a pass.

"They didn't see who threw the punch," Herman Edwards said of the officials. "I wasn't going to tell. I'm not a tattle-tale."

Edwards and Barber are close friends.

Another reason why Hermy is a complete idiot:

NY DAILY NEWS

By Rich Cimini

Bucs CB Ronde Barber somehow avoided ejection after striking umpire Butch Hannah in the eye in the second quarter yesterday. Barber was involved in a heated confrontation with Jets C Kevin Mawae.

Mawae grabbed Barber's face mask and Hannah stepped in between them to break it up. According to Barber, he inadvertently hit Hannah while swinging at Mawae. Hannah was knocked to the ground.

By rule, Barber should have been ejected - contact with the officials is a no-no - but he got off with an unnecessary-roughness penalty. Barber wound up making a key play, intercepting a pass.

"They didn't see who threw the punch," Herman Edwards said of the officials. "I wasn't going to tell. I'm not a tattle-tale."

Edwards and Barber are close friends.

The Refs are there to watch the game. They had it on tape, everyone pointed to Barber.

Why would Herm need to say anything? He didn't punch Kevin, he punched the ref.

I am sure BB would have told told his DRs to get away from trying to help the ref, he is such a stand up guy.

:)

Integrity. You know it when you see it.

BZ

Umm, apparently everybody but the guys who are supposed to see such things....

Right, except for the instant replay they could have asked for.

Nothing Herm was going to say would have gotten him thrown out. Never helps.

I will knock Herm for this, he should just not answer these questions in the press conference. He wants to be funny, and it just does not work.

BZ

Turns out he wasn't throwing a punch, just trying to get Mawae's hand off his face mask.

Mawae should have been the one penalized, not Barber. Especially since he still had Barbers face mask in hand well after the play was over.

yeah Mawae should have been penalized for watching Barber punch an official in the face. I agree completely. #-o

yeah Mawae should have been penalized for watching Barber punch an official in the face. I agree completely. #-o

Sorry, pal, but Mawae should have been penalized for grabbing, and not letting go of Barbers face mask.

Just like Coles should have been flagged for pushing off the defender on that 3rd down play.

But I guess it goes both ways, because Shaun Ellis shouldn't have gotten that roughing the passer call.

No matter -any touching of the referre is supposed to be expulsion from the game- Barber got away with one but I do not think he is a cheap shop artist-

I think there is some leeway involved when the scuffle is already in progress and the official gets in the way. Suggs was tossed because he went up to the official intentionally and bumped him.

Barber wasn't punching anyone, he was trying to chop Mawae's arms off of him, and the ref got too close to the scuffle.

FOXSports.com has learned that the league has fined the All-Pro corner a whopping $30,000 for striking official Butch Hannah during a scuffle in Sunday's loss to the Jets.

Barber, who has only been fined one time by the league in his NFL career, was hit with the staggering total as a result of a punch that Barber threw at Jets center Kevin Mawae, but which struck Hannah instead.

After the game, Barber said his intention was not to strike the official, but to defend himself and swat Mawae's hand off of his facemask.

"The guy (Mawae) outweighs me by about 120 pounds," Barber said at the time. "I was afraid he was going to rip my head off. I was just trying to get his hand off my facemask. I'd never try to hit an official. Everybody knows that's not me."

The fine is somewhat surprising, considering last week, the league slapped Chargers cornerback Drayton Florence with only a $15,000 fine when he threw a forearm shiver into the ribs of an official out of frustration at a call

Shane how motivated do you have to be with Herm Hatred to think he was being serious with that comment?

There is no end to his motivation. It is more than that, it is like Rodney Dangerfield and his "No Respect" it is his trademark punch line.

Kind of like Tx and the "noodle arm" comments.

BZ

Archived